TUF 5's fighters pretty much a jok

"What about Jon Fitch? He was at the airport with his stuff packed for TUF and Zuffa called and said, "Go Home"."

Catchy what season was this?

Impossible to get all great fighters.

1st and foremost it's a tv show that needs rating to survive on spike or any other network.. that's the business.

i do agree about weems though...wtf.

he had no charm, no skills, and no personality. i think even the producers would admit he was a mistake.

watch you mouth, say weems has no skills and was a mistake.

seriously though, when i watch the show i think its pretty backwards and an oxymoron to have weems on a show called the ultimate fighter.

TUF is first and foremost intended to be entertaining to as many viewers as possible. This has little to do with any kind of objective criteria to discover the "best unsigned talent".

Not only are the producers looking for the most entertaining applicants to join TUF, it is an important for a TUF fighters to be entertaining as it is to be good in order to get UFC fights: Leban getting a UFC contract, Sims v Noah in the finale, etc.

Jake Short, you are an athlete in the sports entertainment business, if you don't understand that you should hire a manager/agent who does.

"Also Weems, what does that guy bring to the table for reality tv?"

The only thing I can think of is that the producers were hoping for some sort of human interest story where Weems comes in as the obvious underdog, one of the coaches takes him under his wing and he manages to overcome the odds and beats one of the top guys.

The season 1 Contender producers tried this with Joey Gilbert. He came in with, I think, only NCAA boxing experience and was competing against guys who were, on paper at least, much better than him. He managed to win a fight and created a great "David vs. Goliath" storyline.

The problem with that is that the Contender had much slicker production than TUF and at least so far, Gilbert was a more interesting character than Weems.

I dont know monsta but i train with some people he knows, i have heard only good things about him. He trains hard and obviously anybody that owns a buisness is gonna plug it every chance they get.

and dont take everything from the show litterally, do you guys forget that the producers and the ufc have the final cut and the personalities come out they way the ufc wants them too.

anybody that's willing to get into the ring is a fighter, they all deserve respect whether you like them or not, whether they are good or bad. You get in the ring you do alot more than most people!