TUF Finale pulls 1.1 million viewers

Pretty sure most people tuned in to watch the Daywalker

All things considered, this is a stellar number. Way more than I thought it would draw and definitely promising for the UFC.

Kellerd55 - 
Chris27 -
bonersaurus - 
ufc98newb - Another example of programming problems is this weekend. I just realized that the Hunt Bigfoot card is Friday. I wonder how many will miss because they assume Saturday?
I'm pretty sure it airs on Saturday in North America. Now I'm confused. Phone Post 3.0

Sat in Australia and Friday in the US.

Yep 6pm pt on fri. Then invicta and wsof on sat! Phone Post 3.0

Also OneFC Friday morning, Legacy FC Friday night, KSW Sat afternoon, Cage Warriors Sat afternoon and boxing on HBO and SHowtime on Sat night.

pureincognito - oh god more women cards

Dana "this card was full of women and got the best fing rating ever hell yea we'll do more women cards"

WMMA outdrew the guys all season, it's almost a sure thing Tuf 20 will have WMMA on it. My guess is an all 115 class but we will see.

The Iowa State vs West Virginia game that went into triple overtime and led into the UFC didnt pull jack shit... At first i thought that could of been the reason for the improved ufc numbers but clearly it wasnt.

This is the best fight night prelim number to date even beating the debut.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves with female MMA or Diaz brothers.  1.12m  is not a huge leap from 938k.

In general the females did pull better for the season but that could just be the novelty of the whole thing.

After saturday night It seems the talent in female mma is just not there.  besides pena, it was like watching amateur mma.  3 female fights on a main card was way too much at this point.  The talent needs to further develop.... I think 1 female fight per portion of a card should be the max (1 on prelim and 1 on main card) until the talent improves and more depth is attained.

Chris27 - 

Good sign, wonder why it did so much better than the Hendo/Vitor card which was on a Sat night.  Plus the title fight main event was taken off the card.

Good number though.

It's clear now Vitor vs Hendo was a network issue.  FS1 just needs time to develop as UFC's new home.   We just saw a record for ppv prelims on fs1 and this is the second best fight night since the debut and best fight night prelim number to date.  I agree It's a good sign.

UFC attaining a near talent monopoly before doing the fox deal was very important.  People will drop off but at the end of the day if you want professional mma you have to go to the "NFL" of mma which is the UFC.

It's unlikely tuf will ever get back to the numbers it had but the desitination programming like live events should be able to build an audience on fs1.  if fs2 also becomes widely distributed the replay schedule for tuf should make up for some of the lost exposure from moving off the general entertainment networks like spike and fx.

MMALOGIC - 

The Iowa State vs West Virginia game that went into triple overtime and led into the UFC didnt pull jack shit... At first i thought that could of been the reason for the improved ufc numbers but clearly it wasnt.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves with female MMA or Diaz brothers.  1.12m  is not a huge leap from 938k.

In general the females did pull better for the season but that could just be the novelty of the whole thing.

After saturday night It seems the talent in female mma is just not there.  besides pena, it was like watching amateur mma.  3 female fights on a main card was way too much at this point.  The talent needs to further develop.... I think 1 female fight per portion of a card should be the max (1 on prelim and 1 on main card) until the talent improves and more depth is attained.

If they did an all WMMA Tuf 20 at 115lbs to crown a new champion would it get good ratings or no?

I think they could get 16 girls in that weight class who are entertaining plus girls at that weight class are usually better looking. I know it shouldn't matter to a fight fan but I think we can all agree it would help with ratings if most of the girls were hot.

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much - 
MMALOGIC - 

<br />
If they did an all WMMA Tuf 20 at 115lbs to crown a new champion would it get good ratings or no?<br />
<br />
I think they could get 16 girls in that weight class who are entertaining plus girls at that weight class are usually better looking. I know it shouldn't matter to a fight fan but I think we can all agree it would help with ratings if most of the girls were hot.</blockquote>

It could do well... but yeah the hotter the better.  Hot chick fighters like Gina and Rousey get eaten up by the media/fans.   Hot girls who can kick ass is what sells.  shemales and tom boys sparring in cage not so much.

I'd have been surprised if the show had pulled less than one million views with such an exciting main event. We often get lower profile fights than Diaz vs. Maynard co-headlining PPVs.

Great numbers and they were head to head with the hottest prospect in boxing Sergey Kovalev, the real Ivan Drago.

Diaz= ratings Phone Post 3.0

yay!! XD

MMA Lives Here - That's 1.1m people who will never watch the UFC again Phone Post 3.0
What are you talking about?? Phone Post 3.0

ProteinBake - 

These numbers are great.

This thread will soon be shit.

Fucking lol.

Congrats UFC, those are good numbers for a brand new network that can't seem to get it's damn name out there.   They need to unfuck their marketing department.

MMALOGIC - 
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much - 
MMALOGIC - 

<br />
If they did an all WMMA Tuf 20 at 115lbs to crown a new champion would it get good ratings or no?<br />
<br />
I think they could get 16 girls in that weight class who are entertaining plus girls at that weight class are usually better looking. I know it shouldn't matter to a fight fan but I think we can all agree it would help with ratings if most of the girls were hot.</blockquote>

It could do well... but yeah the hotter the better.  Hot chick fighters like Gina and Rousey get eaten up by the media/fans.   Hot girls who can kick ass is what sells.  shemales and tom boys sparring in cage not so much.

I think if they just hand picked 14-16 fighters and didn't make them fight to get into the house it could be a success. Reason I wouldn't make them fight to get in is it would be hard to find 28-32 girls at that weight class. Bill the season as a way to crown a new champion which would be a first for Tuf. Also all girls which would be a first.

There are some real hot girls in that weight class and you put them on a bunch of posters, I think the casual fan would tune in.

Funny Bellator Fan isn't on this thread, it must be a week from hell for him. First the thread about the potential demise of Bellator and now this.