Twelve of Sixteen TUF Cast Members cut

Manley and Magny are fighting at UFC 157.

kano350chevy - 
RLL -
khaynes21 - Can anyone point me in the direction of a particular Ricci fight that was impressive. Thanks.

That elbow knockout in the semi final was the best finish of the season.

I think it was the only finish of the year Phone Post

Nah Manley subbed James Chaney.

Double. Garbage phone is garbage.

I was 210 29 days before he show, made weight and was 196 for the first fight. 6 days later made it back to 170 and then next day I was garbage. Would have loved a shot only to show the world I'm better than I looked that day. Mfc is my home and I promise feb 15 will be a HUGE fight and I will reprove myself to the world.

biva - Worst season............ever Phone Post

Worst season.........EVA!!! Phone Post

I watched this season along with the last few...watched just about all of me actually, just missed a couple in the middle...anyway, I'm not blaming Roy, but on the first episode Dana talked about fighting hard, wanting exciting guys in the UFC etc and Roy then contradicted him in front of the cast and said something about how Dana wants you to be exciting, but you have to win first, and that winning was more important than being exciting. That set the tone for Dana's hatred for the whole cast.

Even some fights that were good, he was hating...and he said very early on that he thought guys were playing it safe because they all thought they'd get a fight in the finale, so they weren't concerned with being impressive and kept going back to it evey time there was a boring fight. I think he made his mind up early, right after Roy called him on it. He's sending a message to all future TUF competitors that you need to earn your way in while on TUF and that getting on the show wasn't your ticket to the UFC.

I love the move. As far as the guys losing their shot....TUF was their shot. If they won, they were in. Nobody is entitled to a UFC fight.

How are you cut from an organization you were never signed to?

Cindy

The UFC should cut everyone from that cast. The worst fighting season in the history of TuF. Phone Post

kinson - 

The UFC should cut everyone from that cast. The worst fighting season in the history of TuF. Phone Post

Haha. Imagine if they gave Colton his plaque, Harley and then his walking papers as soon as he'd finished his little speech.

But alas, this was not the case.

UGCTT_Pariah - 
mandible - I think Bristol and Alvey could be brought back as well.

This.

Alvey stated that he had to cut like 30 lbs in 30 days to make the weight for the show, so he was obviously drained.. He deserves one more shot Phone Post

I agree.  Alvey has looked good outside of TUf and he's a great fucking guy.  Give him one more shot Dana!

smilensam - I was 210 29 days before he show, made weight and was 196 for the first fight. 6 days later made it back to 170 and then next day I was garbage. Would have loved a shot only to show the world I'm better than I looked that day. Mfc is my home and I promise feb 15 will be a HUGE fight and I will reprove myself to the world.

Welcome Sam.

Your gf is fucking hot. Phone Post

smilensam - I was 210 29 days before he show, made weight and was 196 for the first fight. 6 days later made it back to 170 and then next day I was garbage. Would have loved a shot only to show the world I'm better than I looked that day. Mfc is my home and I promise feb 15 will be a HUGE fight and I will reprove myself to the world.

Good luck on your next fight Sam!  You'll make it back to the UFC!

in this day and age of TUF, only the two finalists should get to stick around.

The TUF fields are so weak these days.

The lightning in a bottle from the first TUF was that the contestants all genuinely believed that only the winner of their weight class would make it into the UFC.

Forrest and Bonnar may have went balls to the wall because they thought there would be no second chance for them.

The UFC almost needs to only take the winner for a couple of seasons to get that mindset back. The big drawback for them is that Bellator can snipe some of these names that TUF has built a name for, so what they really need is a smaller show to dump them on for a bit that will also allow them to jump up to the UFC if they blossom.

They weren't UFC level to beging with -hence the theme of the show; to become a UFC fighter.

RKing,

While you may be able to make the case for this season (I still think Alvey is better than his showing in the house, no offense Sam) and Marunde could have some staying power, I will concede with you that this season left a lot to be desired.

That said, not all have been weak. Daron Cruickshank has a very bright future in the UFC. He lost the very first non house qualifier fight on TUF 15. Marcus Brimage is 4-0 in the UFC, and same thing with he and TUF 14. The 14 cast as a whole is stacked. Produced some very good talent. 15, it's still early yet, but they seem to have some real potential coming off that show. 13 was a downer, as was 12 (although Michael Johnson has done very well for himself, and honestly while Brookins has had a tough go of it, he's also lost to Koch, Porier and Oliveria.. Not exactly scrubs). 11? Costa Phillipou didn't even make the house and he's in a featured bout versus Boetsch in a few weeks.

tres_equis_666 -
MostLegit - Julian Lane has a fight scheduled outside the UFC. I do not believe he is one of the 4. Phone Post

Yo dfw jr, let him bang in the UFC, bro Phone Post

Lol, this shit will never get old Phone Post

FaQ2 - 
biva - Worst season............ever Phone Post

Worst season.........EVA!!! Phone Post

In hindsight... I've tried out 3 other times and they kept cutting my weight class. 205 cut to 170 then 185 was cut to 170 then I tried for 170 and they cut it to 155. When they called (29 days prior to filming) me offering a spot at 170 I knew the cut would be miserable but I didn't know when my opportunity would come again. The one thing I would change is I would fight later in the season and give myself more time to re-cut

Can someone please just give me a few bullet points on the major shit that went down? e.g biting or some shit? I know about the "let me bang bro" incident, wich is hilarious, but I got two episodes in, and there was no fucking way I was going any further. Phone Post

superCalo - 
smilensam - I was 210 29 days before he show, made weight and was 196 for the first fight. 6 days later made it back to 170 and then next day I was garbage. Would have loved a shot only to show the world I'm better than I looked that day. Mfc is my home and I promise feb 15 will be a HUGE fight and I will reprove myself to the world.

in hindsight do you think it was a wise choice going on a season where it was welter weights, or is it usually wWs and lWs anyway so it may have been a long time coming before there was a mW season ?

In hindsight... I've tried out 3 other times and they kept cutting my weight class. 205 cut to 170 then 185 was cut to 170 then I tried for 170 and they cut it to 155. When they called (29 days prior to filming) me offering a spot at 170 I knew the cut would be miserable but I didn't know when my opportunity would come again. The one thing I would change is I would fight later in the season and give myself more time to re-cut