UFC 102 Prelim Discussion

ohiostate1016 - 2 fights to go...55 minutes. I'll never understand how the UFC plans these things so perfectly. Then again, they do know more about the sport than anybody else. Dana's words, ... probably true.

i saw on a video blog once where dana was arguing with the zuffa employee they call "j.t.". On that particular event they were left with a lot of extra time before the main card and dana was joking saying how j.t. was the one who argued for the amount of time that was alotted.

Don't forget they've had their hiccups though, including the time kenny florian fought alvin robinson after the main event . But for the most part, you are right, it is crazy how they are usually correct in these.

American Fedor can't be cut. That would be like the UFC cutting the real Fedor!

ohiostate1016 - Over/under on how long Tuchscherer last with Gonzaga: 2 minutes.

Is tuchsherer pretty shitty? I've never seen him.

mataleone - 
ohiostate1016 - Over/under on how long Tuchscherer last with Gonzaga: 2 minutes.

WHAT?!?!? YOU DIDNT WATCH THE YAMMA?

Gonzaga lands a devastating left low kick to the groin of Tuchscherer in the opening seconds of the bout. After a delayed reaction, Tuchscherer waved for referee Dave Hagan who stepped in to halt the action. Tuchscherer crumpled to the mat and resisted any efforts to treat him by the ringside staff.

lol ouch

Styro - Gonzaga lands a devastating left low kick to the groin of Tuchscherer in the opening seconds of the bout. After a delayed reaction, Tuchscherer waved for referee Dave Hagan who stepped in to halt the action. Tuchscherer crumpled to the mat and resisted any efforts to treat him by the ringside staff.

lol ouch

at first i thought you made this up like me lol

Styro - 
mataleone - 

LOL...he did dominate in the cereal bowl in those 1-round fights. 17-1 ain't no joke! This kid is fo' realz...only took him four rounds to take care of Branden Lee Hinkle.

you fight 18 times, losing once, and finally get the call to the big show. Within a minute you get blasted in the sack

ohiostate1016 - 
Styro - 
mataleone - 

LOL...he did dominate in the cereal bowl in those 1-round fights. 17-1 ain't no joke! This kid is fo' realz...only took him four rounds to take care of Branden Lee Hinkle.

jason reinhardt said the competition he's faced has been tough..

I would just like to announce that while i was YAMMAside at YAMMA eating a YAMMAdog w/mustard i got to see Tuchscherer in action and he blew me the hell away with his GUT!

Where can I get a "I survived the Yamma" tshirt?

LOL...I know what I'm doing during UFC cards from now on...

Holy crap ... sounds like Tuchscherer got messed up pretty bad.

Holy shit! Dave hagan is a ufc ref now?

Nice

CHRIS TUCHSCHERER VS. GABRIEL GONZAGA

Round 1 - UFC heavyweight champion accompanies Tuchscherer to the cage, earning a strong crowd reaction. Gonzaga also receives a very warm welcome. Tuchscherer circles to his right, and Gonzaga throws a strong low kick right to Tuchscherer cup. The replay earns a gasp from the crowd, and the blow could be heard loudly cageside. The action is stopped, and Tuchscherer collpases on the mat. After afew minutes, the ringside doctors come in to take a look, and Tuchscherer begins to wrestle with them. Tuchscherer in obvious pain, and he finally returns to a stool. Tuchscherer stands, though he's still walking a bit gingerly. Gonzaga has been pacing the whole time. Tuchscherer discussing his options with the doctor and match referee. Tuchscherer decides to give it a go. Gonzaga apologizes on the restart. Gonzaga immediately drops Tuchscherer with a heavy left high kick. Gonzaga follows to the floor, delivering more blows as he works to mount. A right hand lands on the jaw and force Tuchscherer to roll. He's bleeding from the nose as Gonzaga looks for a rear-naked choke. It's not there, and Gonzaga rolls out and lands a knee to the ribs. Tuchscherer in major trouble. Gonzaga stands, and Tuchscherer stays on his knee, slowly rising as Gonzaga leaps in for more punishment. Tuchscherer is a bloody mess, and the fight needs to be stopped. It finally, mercifully is. Probably not what Tuchscherer had in mind for his UFC debut.

Gabriel Gonzaga def. Chris Tuchscherer via TKO (punches) - Round 1, 4:27.

damn, sounds like a beating.

Let's all pray...

Too bad Gonzaga's a nut hunter.

I'm 4-1 on this card so far, by the way. If only Aurelio could have pulled it out. Looking forward to seeing that fight, though.

over under at 2 minutes was perfect