UFC 102 Prelim Discussion

did the sherdog pbp just disappear for anyone else? o.O

dawgswrestler - wait, he sank the guillotine FROM McCully's guard?

Yea i messed that one up.. Lulz

Styro - did the sherdog pbp just disappear for anyone else? o.O

yea that's why i took advantage and created my own ending seen above. i thought i was right.

Looks like The NSane1 isn't doing too well.

That's a big win for Evan Dunham. Good stuff.

mataleone - 
Styro - did the sherdog pbp just disappear for anyone else? o.O

yea that's why i took advantage and created my own ending seen above. i thought i was right.

lol, its back now btw

ohiostate1016 - Looks like The NSane1 isn't doing too well.

i hope they cut him after this. his fight vs. sanchez wuz a snoozer

Ringside doc is checking on McCully in his corner between rounds. McCully looks hurt. Ringside doc pushes an upright McCully a few times to see if he can keep his balance. He can, and the doc lets the fight go on.

R2- Russow powers his way to a takedown and works from half-guard. Russow works for a kimura. Russow gives up kimura, stands up, then returns to half guard. McCully attempts to stand and Russow almost steps to his back. McCully squares up and is caught in a front headlock as he drives forward. McCully attempts to roll away from the smothering Russow but gets nowhere. Russow, at McCully’s back, unloads with punches. Ref Herb Dean stops the fight and tends to an obviously afflicted McCully. Action is restarted. McCully attempts a knee as Russow charges in but is on the mat in a flash. Russow works for a kimura from side guard and has it locked as the bell rings. McCully lingers on the mat afterwards.

Why can't Russow finish McCully off? Maybe he's trying to hard for a sub to win SOTN since KOTN is probably going to Duffee?

Round 3 - The doctor again checks McCully, but he's allowed to continue. Both fighters winded, though McCully opens up withn a few punching combinations. The blows don't land, but Russow doesn't answer.McCully tries a Superman punch, but Russow ducks underneath and pushes McCully to the floor. McCully pulls guard, and the crowd groans. McCully hold Russow close, and Dean restarts the action. McCully again looks to utilize his jab, then a front kick. McCully sprawls on a Russow takedown attempt and throws a knee. A big right by McCully narrowly misses. McCully seems to have a small second wind halfway through the final frame, but Russow closes the distance and forces McCully to the mat. McCully has an open guard with 90 seconds left. Dean calls for action, but Russow presses McCully to the cage. Russow stands and passes to side control. It's a trudging pace, but Russow stays just busy enough to keep the action there. Dean stands the action with 30 seconds left, and McCully lands a knee then misses with a flurry of punches. There will be no surprise ending to the one-sided affair. McCully labors back to his corner, and MMAjunkie.com sees the round for Russow, 10-9, and the fight for him 30-26.

Its painfully obvious that McCully is not anywhere near UFC material.....enough of him already,all his fights have been snoozefests.

Is Cecil Peoples judging tonight?

The official scores read 29-28, 30-26 and 30-27, all for Russow.

LOL...one judge gave McCully a round.

WTF? The judge's cards ranged from 29-28 to 30-26.

Hate420 - Its painfully obvious that McCully is not anywhere near UFC material.....enough of him already,all his fights have been snoozefests.

Truer words never spoken. Thankfully there will soon be a new crop of TUF HWs to help fill the undercards...

Hate420 - Its painfully obvious that McCully is not anywhere near UFC material.....enough of him already,all his fights have been snoozefests.

this

2 fights to go...55 minutes. I'll never understand how the UFC plans these things so perfectly. Then again, they do know more about the sport than anybody else. Dana's words, ... probably true.

Over/under on how long Tuchscherer last with Gonzaga: 2 minutes.

McCully and Russow should both be cut.

Hate420 - Its painfully obvious that McCully is not anywhere near UFC material...

Yeah...Gonna have to agree. Time for him to go down to the minor leagues and regroup imo. Before he came to the UFC he was able to finish opponents with submissions. But since he entered the big show, he has proven to be unable to finish any of his opponents.

WHAT???? He is the future of the HW division in the UFC. Haven't you seen him in Undisputed?