UFC 172 Jones vs Teixeira = 350k buys

dubate - Well now that both GSP and Silva are gone, the divisions are actually exciting again. Hopefully since we don't have champions that haven't made their millions yet, they will actually defend the belt more than once a year.

Hopefully the UFC is moving towards the logical

Fight Pass - Big name main event then a mix of up & comers plus a couple of wrestlers and a local fighter or two thrown in.

FS1 - 1 championship contender match and 2 well known main event fighters coming off losses.

FOX - This is where they still have problems. They need to stop headlining these events with fighters under 155lbs not named Barao. These should all be headlined by either Barao or Pettis and every other fight should either be LHW/HW slugfest or to set up a #1 contender.

PPV - Either the HW, LHW, FW, or Honda fighting in the main event. Mighty Mouse can be the co main. Every other fight should be a "name fighter". Phone Post 3.0
Better plan-

PPV- None

FOX- MEGA stack all cards.

Fs1- None

Fightpass- Contenders/up and comers.

This gives enough content for subscribers to avoid cancellation, and grows the brand by putting maximum eyeballs on the biggest stars. Also nice is the reduction of necessary platforms to watch it all, with continued growth potential longer into the future by abandoning the dying medium that is cable. Phone Post 3.0

Joeymarvelous -
dubate - Well now that both GSP and Silva are gone, the divisions are actually exciting again. Hopefully since we don't have champions that haven't made their millions yet, they will actually defend the belt more than once a year.

Fight Pass - Big name main event then a mix of up & comers plus a couple of wrestlers and a local fighter or two thrown in.

FS1 - 1 championship contender match and 2 well known main event fighters coming off losses.

FOX - This is where they still have problems. They need to stop headlining these events with fighters under 155lbs not named Barao. These should all be headlined by either Barao or Pettis and every other fight should either be LHW/HW slugfest or to set up a #1 contender.

PPV - Either the HW, LHW, FW, or Honda fighting in the main event. Mighty Mouse can be the co main. Every other fight should be a "name fighter". Phone Post 3.0
Better plan-

PPV- None

Fs1- None

This gives enough content for subscribers to avoid cancellation, and grows the brand by putting maximum eyeballs on the biggest stars. Also nice is the reduction of necessary platforms to watch it all, with continued growth potential longer into the future by abandoning the dying medium that is cable. Phone Post 3.0
I like your plan Phone Post 3.0

Joeymarvelous -

Better plan-

PPV- None

Fs1- None

You realize how much money UFC would lose? Fighter pay would go way down Phone Post 3.0

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much -
Joeymarvelous -

Better plan-

PPV- None

Fs1- None

You realize how much money UFC would lose? Fighter pay would go way down Phone Post 3.0
So title challengers would make 10k as opposed to 20k? I really hope Dana and the Fertitas are able to get their kids Christmas presents this year! It must be such a struggle running a 3.5 billion dollar company and paying your fighters peanuts.

As shill detector would say... BEEP!!!! Phone Post 3.0

knee smash - Jones can't sell Phone Post 3.0
This. Phone Post

thesonsofmontana - 
This. Phone Post

As opposed to all the fighters who can? You act like this is a Jones issue and not UFC issue.

RampageFitsLikeAGlove -
thesonsofmontana - 
This. Phone Post

As opposed to all the fighters who can? You act like this is a Jones issue and not UFC issue.

What could the UFC do better to promote Jon jones? They're doing the same thing they did with tito, lidell, GSP and Anderson silva. Because blaming the UFC for everything is the new cool thing to do these days, people keep saying the UFC doesn't promote fighters.

Please tell me what the UFC could do to promote the fighters more? Phone Post 3.0

Would it be impossible to lower the price a few bucks?
Serious question.

iHateTheUG - 
RampageFitsLikeAGlove -
thesonsofmontana - 
This. Phone Post

What could the UFC do better to promote Jon jones? They're doing the same thing they did with tito, lidell, GSP and Anderson silva. Because blaming the UFC for everything is the new cool thing to do these days, people keep saying the UFC doesn't promote fighters.

Please tell me what the UFC could do to promote the fighters more? Phone Post 3.0

You think that Zuffa are promoting Jones like they did with the old guard? Please...

@ Joey - Great plan, sir. I'd be in favor of seeing the UFC things your way.

Tilla -
iHateTheUG - 
RampageFitsLikeAGlove -
thesonsofmontana - 
This. Phone Post

You think that Zuffa are promoting Jones like they did with the old guard? Please...

@ Joey - Great plan, sir. I'd be in favor of seeing the UFC things your way.
Please tell me how they could promote jones more than they do. How did they promote the "older" fighters better? Phone Post 3.0

iHateTheUG - 
RampageFitsLikeAGlove -
thesonsofmontana - 
This. Phone Post

Jump to conclusions much? Where did I say they weren't promoting jones enough? The fact of the matter is Cain doesn't sell either, or Hendricks, or Benson, or Rashad, or Frankie, or Aldo, or Cruz, or Ronda, or Barao, or MM, or Hendo, or JDS, or Lyoto, or Maynard, or any other headliner of the last few years not named Anderson or GSP. Get it?

Fact of the matter, if you look at the averages of jones last 5 fights, he's one of the best sellers in the UFC.

I would have bought the PPV if I could have watched the entire card. But without cable, I can't. Can you imagine a football game being broadcast the same way UFC 172 was?

1st quarter- subscription internet
2nd quarter- premium cable
3rd quarter- premium cable
4th quarter- PPV

If a football game was broadcast like that, having to constantly change the channel and go from computer to tv would keep a lot of people from watching it.

I enjoyed it, at a bar for 10$ what I feel the card was worth lol Phone Post 3.0

hendofanforlife - 

Watched at brus room as I normally do nowadays. Entertaining card except for the main event. I called the arm injury live too. 

I am no longer a household ppv buyer.

I will say this, I hate fake wrestling but no one has gotten me to buy ppvs like Brock did.

You didn't like jones/glover? That was a great fight.