UFC 180 vs. Bellator 131 vs. WSOF 15

Three big MMA events are going down next Saturday from different promotions. And UFC 180 has taken a few hits since the card was originally announced, making it arguably closer in quality to the other two events. Which event is the strongest on paper overall?

UFC 180:
Mark Hunt vs. Fabricio Werdum
for interim heavyweight title
Jake Ellenberger vs. Kelvin Gastelum
Dennis Bermudez vs. Ricardo Lamas
Chris Heatherly vs. Augusto Montano
Edgar Garcia vs. Hector Urbina
Alejandro Perez vs. Jose Quinonez
"TUF: Latin America" bantamweight final
Leonardo Morales vs. Yair Rodriguez
"TUF: Latin America" featherweight final
Jessica Eye vs. Leslie Smith
Henry Briones vs. Guido Cannetti
Gabriel Benitez vs. Humberto Brown

Bellator 131:
Stephan Bonnar vs. Tito Ortiz
Will Brooks vs. Michael Chandler
for lightweight title
Muhammed Lawal vs. Joe Vedepo
Melvin Manhoef vs. Joe Schilling
Nam Phan vs. Mike Richman
PRELIMINARY CARD:
Spike.com, 7 p.m. ET
Kyle Bolt vs. A.J. Matthews
Ron Henderson vs. Jonathan Santa Maria
Jordan Bailey vs. Alex Higley
Nick Garcia vs. Matthew Ramirez
Andy Murad vs. Bubba Pugh
Rolando Perez vs. Mark Vorgeas
Ian Butler vs. Joao Faria

WSOF 15:
Dave Branch vs. Yushin Okami
for middleweight title
Justin Gaethje vs. Melvin Guillard
for lightweight title
Jessica Aguilar vs. Kalindra Faria
for women's strawweight title
Jorge Patino vs. Eric Reynolds Phone Post 3.0

Defo watching bellator main card and will watch the 3 top main card fights on ufc 180

think in the usa people who can't afford/bother paying for the ppv will watch bellator. the bellator card is pretty stacked with awesome match up/fighters but every hunt fight is a can't miss because of the excitement of that potential KO. going to watch 180 full and save Bellator/WSOF for sunday morning. going to be pretty hard for WSOF to get big views unless the start time is way before the bellator prelims start and the event ends before the bellator main card starts

WattMell - Are these all next weekend? All good cards. Wsof should've put Luis Palomino on their card. Phone Post 3.0
Yup. Plus Cage Warriors 74 & Legacy FC 37: Leonard Garcia vs. Daniel Pineda Phone Post 3.0

FUck.

parents are coming in next Saturday. They are going to want to spend time with me. All I will want to do is veg in front of the tv.

DVR bruhs! Phone Post 3.0

RKing85 - FUck.

parents are coming in next Saturday. They are going to want to spend time with me. All I will want to do is veg in front of the tv.
Eat a tiny ball of your own feces to induce illness. Wrap yourself up in blankie and get ready for epic weekend of fights. Phone Post 3.0

RKing85 - FUck.

pay for a night out for the 2 of them send them out on the town

JimmersonzGlove - WAR MANHOEF Phone Post 3.0

This x1000. Not sure who to cheer for in that fight. Easily the most interesting fight of the night for me. Too bad more people don't know Schilling. Fingers crossed for a kickboxing fight with MMA gloves.

UK Asylum - Defo watching bellator main card and will watch the 3 top main card fights on ufc 180
Exactly my thoughts! Phone Post 3.0

Tito vs Bonnar is gonna be fuckin funny. Phone Post 3.0

This is gonna be a crazy night!!! Phone Post 3.0

jellyonalady - Tito vs Bonnar is gonna be fuckin funny. Phone Post 3.0
Exactly. Phone Post 3.0

So many fights I want to watch....
All the same night. Phone Post 3.0

1. Werdum vs. Hunt

2. Chandler vs. Brooks

3. Gaethje vs. Guillard

4. Bermudez vs. Lamas

5. Manhoef vs. Schilling

6.  Ellenburger vs. Gastelum

7. Tito vs. Bonnar

8. Aguilar vs. Faria

9. Branch vs. Okami

10. Richman vs. Nam

11. Eye vs. Smith

12. King Mo vs. Vedepo

pretty good card

I won't pay for that card no way - Bellator live , wsof DVr Phone Post 3.0

lifeaftrprison - I won't pay for that card no way - Bellator live , wsof DVr Phone Post 3.0
I'm going to catch it in the movie theater for $15... 1/4 off its full PPV price. Phone Post 3.0

My take on all these fights:

UFC 180:
Mark Hunt vs. Fabricio Werdum- 100% can't miss. Have to watch Mark Hunt possibly get a title, even if it's an Interim Title. Plus, It's Werdum! What Mark Hunt has done in the past two years is nothing short of amazing and if the right people were aware of his story, they'd do a documentary or possibly a movie on him. Especially should he win a title and Unify the title.
for interim heavyweight title.

Jake Ellenberger vs. Kelvin Gastelum-Always watch both of these fighters, but especially Kelvin. He has trouble with his weight and he's already saying and doing the wrong thing to appease peoples worries about whether or not he'll make weight this time. Not using Dolce again seems like he's putting himself into a bad situation for unnecessary reasons. Just pay Dolce, do the work/diet and make weight and he'll eventually become a killer.

Dennis Bermudez vs. Ricardo Lamas-You're crazy if you miss this fight. Two Spanish heritage fighters, fighting in Mexico? Dennis' fight against Matt Grice was one of the best back and forth fights I've seen in years and he's been on an absolute tear. He'll be a beast in another year or two. Lamas went the distance against Aldo, which means something. Plus he subbed Cub and KO'ed Jon Eric Koch in impressive fashion.

Chris Heatherly vs. Augusto Montano-Don't know enough about either fighter, nor about the next fight or either TUF Latin America Finale fighters to comment. I've heard some of those fights were decent and they showed some talent. With both Finale fights having a hometown crowd around them, the atmosphere should be insane and will likely bring out the courage and excitement from all four Finalist.
Edgar Garcia vs. Hector Urbina
Alejandro Perez vs. Jose Quinonez
"TUF: Latin America" bantamweight final
Leonardo Morales vs. Yair Rodriguez
"TUF: Latin America" featherweight final

Jessica Eye vs. Leslie Smith-Jessica Eye is always fun to watch but I think Leslie Smith takes her. Smith looked like a badass bitch in her last fight. Female fights only get me excited when the match up is perfect or if there is some heat behind the match up. I don't know if that's the case here, but still. Going with Leslie for the win, but Jessica will bring the fight to her.

Henry Briones vs. Guido Cannetti- Don't have Fight pass
Gabriel Benitez vs. Humberto Brown-Again, Don't have FP.

Bellator 131:
Stephan Bonnar vs. Tito Ortiz-Seriously? If you're going to watch this fight over Mark Hunt v Werdum, then you got caught up in the Viacom/TNA hype. Nothing worth seeing in this fight. Tito will probably win, but it won't be pretty. I'm sure people will be excited, but those people are likely Pro-Wrestling fans, as most MMA fans would rather watch an actual MMA fight built around something that actually matters, something that means something other than rubbing shit in fans faces, which is what this is.

Will Brooks vs. Michael Chandler-Excellent rematch, but will have to DVR as there are too many fights at the top of the UFC card to flip back and forth. Probably 4th or 5th best fight of the night.

Muhammed Lawal vs. Joe Vedepo-W/O being accused of fighter bashing, I'll just say the facts: King Mo isn't anyone special. He's only beat two fighters of note, one if don't count Roger Gracie as legit. He beat Mousassi, but who else? No one, that's who. Rampage beat him, and he couldn't even beat Bellators LHW champ on two separate occasions, getting KTFO with THE laziest spinning back fist ever thrown. Enough said about Mo.

Melvin Manhoef vs. Joe Schilling-2nd best fight of the night. Fireworks. Someone's getting killed in this fight.
Nam Phan vs. Mike Richman-Meh

WSOF 15:-Just DVR this and hope for the best. Nothing great here. Some potentially decent fights on this card, but I'm not holding my breath. Would rather watch this than almost all of the Bellator card (hence the reason I didn't mention the Bellator prelims)
Dave Branch vs. Yushin Okami-Two UFC castaways. Branch has looked impressive since moving to WSOF but who wouldn't against that level of comp. Okami should pull this one off, if he's still UFC level like so many people think he is.

Justin Gaethje vs. Melvin Guillard-Fully expect Melvin to overreach in this fight and will likely get knocked the fuck out. Gaethje will soon be in the UFC.

Jessica Aguilar vs. Kalindra Faria-Jessica's the best female fighter outside of the UFC (that can actually make it to the UFC, Cyborg still hasn't made 135 yet or shown she can win and pass a drug test.) Doesn't matter who wins the Womens Strawweight TUF contract, they'll only have that belt as long as Jessica stays in WSOF. When she makes her move to UFC, she'll beat everyone of those ladies. Hate to say that, because I love Rose and Jo Jo Calderwood. Just don't see either of them, nor Carla, being able to beat Jessica Aguilar.

There's my take on all three events. Can't say enough bad shit about that Tito fight though. He's doing nothing but ruining his name, even if he's winning these fights. Schmelenko? He was supposed to win. Oh man if Tito didn't win that fight... And this Bonnar fight, I'd love nothing more than to see Stephan win, but Tito likely takes it and it will absolutely not live up to the hype

Jorge Patino vs. Eric Reynolds-Meh

Sooooo many good fights. Phone Post 3.0

Recording the UFC prelims, and the WSOF card then watching Bellator live. I haven't missed a PPV in years but I have to this time since I'm tight on money at the moment. Free is better I suppose! Phone Post 3.0