UFC 180 vs. Bellator 131 vs. WSOF 15

Great minds and all that?

JustAble - Recording the UFC prelims, and the WSOF card then watching Bellator live. I haven't missed a PPV in years but I have to this time since I'm tight on money at the moment. Free is better I suppose! Phone Post 3.0

That's like going to the grocery store intending to buy Gouda cheese and seeing the "Free Sample Lady" handing out Great Value processed cubes of Government cheese.

How can you meh Richman vs Phan? You obviously haven't seen either of them fight.

EmEmEh - How can you meh Richman vs Phan? You obviously haven't seen either of them fight.

Yeah, I've obviously never seen either fight, despite the fact that I'm on an MMA forum, talking about MMA. Obviously. It's called difference of opinion. Just because you like something, and I don't find that same something as interesting as you do, that doesn't mean in any way that I don't know what I'm talking about or that I don't get an opinion on the matter. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I'd give you a hug, be we're just letters on a computer screen man.

Join Date does not indicate ones knowledge on something, nor does it in anyway show the amount time, money, and effort spent enjoying, immersing, or studying something.

UFC obviously has the best card but of course it's also $60 more expensive than the other two.

I will solve this conundrum by watching the UFC at a bar and DVRing the other two.

Mr Bungle -
JustAble - Recording the UFC prelims, and the WSOF card then watching Bellator live. I haven't missed a PPV in years but I have to this time since I'm tight on money at the moment. Free is better I suppose! Phone Post 3.0

That's like going to the grocery store intending to buy Gouda cheese and seeing the "Free Sample Lady" handing out Great Value processed cubes of Government cheese.
Yes, MMA is exactly like buying cheese. Considering I said that I'm having money problems, I wouldn't be going to the grocery store for expensive cheese. Lol

Plus the Bellator card, IMO, is more entertaining on paper. Phone Post 3.0

JustAble - 
Mr Bungle -

Yes, MMA is exactly like buying cheese. Considering I said that I'm having money problems, I wouldn't be going to the grocery store for expensive cheese. Lol

I will admit that I did skim thru your comment and missed the part where you said you were low on funds at the moment.

I just saw the first part and the last line where you said "Free is better I suppose", and made the terrible analogy and for that I apologize.

But I think most people will agree, especially recently with the way some of the UFC cards have looked on paper, the way they look on paper doesn't indicate if it will be good or not.

A lot of people panned the Australia card and all 11 fights ended in a finish and they were great. Out of the past 3 months, I can think of three cards that looked like they were going to suck, on paper, and they turned out to be pretty terrible.

But then there were a few that people were panning that ended up being pretty surprising and excellent. And that isn't just limited to the past three months.

For a few years now, on paper a card may look terrible only to end up overachieving. Earlier this year in fact, a couple of the cards were panned real quick but the UFC had hit a stride of rather decent shows and that streak lasted for a couple months or so, with each card being better than they should have been.

There is too much free MMA that night to pay $60. Phone Post 3.0

JoeMimic - 
EmEmEh - How can you meh Richman vs Phan? You obviously haven't seen either of them fight.
Because maybe he's seen enough of Phan getting the shit kicked out of him to last a lifetime? Phone Post 3.0

Pretty much spot on. Nam Phan is one or two slugfest away from being the next Miguel Torres. And no, Mike Richman doesn't nothing for me. Not sure where this line of thinking that all fans must love all the fighters that all the other fans love. That just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

1. Werdum/Hunt

Last place. Every other fight listed.
  1. Werdum/Hunt
    2. Bermudez/Lamas
    3. Brooks/Chandler
    4. Ellenberger/Gastelum
    5. Okami/Branch

I'll be watching Bellator main card. (Schilling/Melvin *drool) I live in Canada, so not sure if I get WSOF live or not.. I'll watch the UFC card next week sometime.

Money is a little tight right now so I am reigning in unneeded expenses, plus I feel like I am doing my part to "boycott" PPV. I know it is rather futile, but I much prefer a competitive MMA landscape on television, or even on a paid subscription service as opposed to a subscription service PLUS ridiculous PPV price.

That being said, this weekend is a dream for MMA fans! Phone Post 3.0

Lets imagine the consensus is Mark Hunt v Werdum and Joe Schilling v Manhoef are the two fights most people want to see. Which one does everyone think will be more exciting and which fighter has a better (worse?) chance of getting knocked the fuck out?

I say I'm more excited to see Mark Hunt, especially since he has a chance at finally getting his hands on that UFC title, even if it is just the Interim. That just means he'll have the shot at Cain when Cain comes back.

But I think between Schilling and Manhoef, one of those guys will get violently dropped. Just not sure who. I'm actually pulling for Joe, I would love to see if he'll have a decent career in MMA.

All three. Watch Bellator/WSOF during UFC prelims, switch to UFC main card, go back and watch Bellator/WSOF fights I missed on DVR after PPV is over. Then go back and watch any UFC prelims I missed.

Watched TUF LA but Justin/Melvin, Nam/Richman, JAG, these fights are better so I'll watch then over UFC prelims.

Best fights of the night

Werdum/Hunt
Chandlder/Brooks
Lamas/Bermudez
Justin/Melvin
Kelvin/Jake

If it weren't for Hunt. I would venture to say the WSOF and Bellator cards are much better... Phone Post 3.0

Mr Bungle -
JustAble - 
Mr Bungle -

I will admit that I did skim thru your comment and missed the part where you said you were low on funds at the moment.

I just saw the first part and the last line where you said "Free is better I suppose", and made the terrible analogy and for that I apologize.

But I think most people will agree, especially recently with the way some of the UFC cards have looked on paper, the way they look on paper doesn't indicate if it will be good or not.

A lot of people panned the Australia card and all 11 fights ended in a finish and they were great. Out of the past 3 months, I can think of three cards that looked like they were going to suck, on paper, and they turned out to be pretty terrible.

But then there were a few that people were panning that ended up being pretty surprising and excellent. And that isn't just limited to the past three months.

For a few years now, on paper a card may look terrible only to end up overachieving. Earlier this year in fact, a couple of the cards were panned real quick but the UFC had hit a stride of rather decent shows and that streak lasted for a couple months or so, with each card being better than they should have been.
Cards rarely turn out the way they are suppose to. Most of the time the one that looks great on paper is a snoozer. It could be that the unexpected cards become great because the fighters aren't "elite" and the finishes are more achievable. Or they just want to bring it because they feel shafted. Who knows!

Hopefully I can find a way to catch all three cards. Maybe I'll work the corner for 60 bucks. Haha. Phone Post 3.0

Bellator Wins this week. UFC then WSOF with the bronze.

I'm excited for every fight on Bellators main card. UFC I'm excited for two. WSOF The main two fights could be good. Phone Post 3.0

To me I'm most interested in UFC 180, Bellator then WSoF.
Of the fights in the card I'm interested in:

4/10 for UFC 180
Hunt for the title takes it for me!

5/12 for Bellator
I'll record and watch just to see the drama. Thinking Shamrock and Wand are coming out during the Tito fight or something crazy.

3/4 for WSoF I'll record and watch just because I like MMA Phone Post 3.0

Ep32nv - To me I'm most interested in UFC 180, Bellator then WSoF.
Of the fights in the card I'm interested in:

4/10 for UFC 180
Hunt for the title takes it for me!

5/12 for Bellator
I'll record and watch just to see the drama. Thinking Shamrock and Wand are coming out during the Tito fight or something crazy.

3/4 for WSoF I'll record and watch just because I like MMA Phone Post 3.0
Wand just got pulled off any promotion for event because he's still under Zuffa contract. Phone Post 3.0