UFC 222 PPV Did 210k To 260,000 Buys

WON reports, based on very prelim number, #UFC222 did between 210k and 260k buys. #UFC

— Jed I. Goodman (@jedigoodman) March 8, 2018

I thought it would do below 100k.

Just goes to show us that literally no card will be able to draw less than a Mighty Mouse card

ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -

Just goes to show us that literally no card will be able to draw less than a Mighty Mouse card

That is why he wants to be co-main on cards that are headlined by other people instead of main event his own.

Cyborg is no joke.  These are not amazing numbers but nobody even knew who her opponent was and they still tuned in.  

Pretty good considering..

ABCTT_GROUNDnLB - 

Except when TJ Dillishaw headlines as champ?

But oh ya you guys like him better so you don’t whine about him being a terrible draw

FrontBroRian -
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB - 

But oh ya you guys like him better so you don’t whine about him being a terrible draw

i don’t think those guys should be able to piggy back off a big number card, but they should get at least a flat fee of a million, or something like that. Even if its not a huge seller, it is important for the legitimization of those belts, and the sport in general. 

ufc98newb - 
FrontBroRian -
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB - 

i don’t think those guys should be able to piggy back off a big number card, but they should get at least a flat fee of a million, or something like that. Even if its not a huge seller, it is important for the legitimization of those belts, and the sport in general. 

Agree…plus I think it’s funny that they think MM and Woodley invented wanting to be on big cards.

I’ll tell you now I’d rather buy a card with Conor on it and Woodley defending as a co main event as opposed to some shit undercard. But of course Conor will get ALL credit for the buys despite the fact I’m not alone in this thought process.

good numbers

told y'all.... She did a lot better in brazil i'm guessing. I know she's well received over there

VectorWega -
Acidic - 

told y'all.... She did a lot better in brazil i'm guessing. I know she's well received over there

It wasn't on PPV in Brazil.  It was on Globo network.

I know the viewership in brazil is always really high when Cyborg fights. Wasn't pertaining it to PPV buys. She did some huge numbers when she debuted

Sigh

Ok let me get this part out of the way. It’s a good number. In fact had this number come out for any other woman (besides Holm) it would a sign of how well women can draw post Ronda. To Cyborg’s benefit it puts her ahead of Mighty Mouse and Amanda nunes in terms of drawing so this should shut DJ up a bit and Amanda for saying how she isn’t pushed and that why she doesn’t draw. Lord know no one knew who cyborgs opponent was. 

That being sad this does nothing for cyborg and her fans who cry that she’s a draw and that mainstream media and the ufc should treat her as a star. There are qualifiers to arguements about drawing with comparing the rest of the card, the weekend comp and etc, but even Ronda’s lowest performing show (which was weeks after she had just fought and roughly around the same time of year this one was) did 340k. Now before people throw out DC was on that card: that fight fell apart days before the event. And Ronda’s last two fight before the lost to Holm had ZERO underneath it and she fought girls that haven’t put together wins streaks: those shows did 650 and 900k respectively. 

UFC did a good job promoting this show the weekend before especially with Ortega vs Edgar. That fight and Cat were the Reasons I bought the show. To me the number says that cyborg will bring you a respectable number to matter what and a good number against a name but a card she’s headlining unless it’s ufc 217, 205, 200 level stacked is not getting you 500k

commonsense517 -

Sigh

Ok let me get this part out of the way. It’s a good number. In fact had this number come out for any other woman (besides Holm) it would a sign of how well women can draw post Ronda. To Cyborg’s benefit it puts her ahead of Mighty Mouse and Amanda nunes in terms of drawing so this should shut DJ up a bit and Amanda for saying how she isn’t pushed and that why she doesn’t draw. Lord know no one knew who cyborgs opponent was. 

That being sad this does nothing for cyborg and her fans who cry that she’s a draw and that mainstream media and the ufc should treat her as a star. There are qualifiers to arguements about drawing with comparing the rest of the card, the weekend comp and etc, but even Ronda’s lowest performing show (which was weeks after she had just fought and roughly around the same time of year this one was) did 340k. Now before people throw out DC was on that card: that fight fell apart days before the event. And Ronda’s last two fight before the lost to Holm had ZERO underneath it and she fought girls that haven’t put together wins streaks: those shows did 650 and 900k respectively. 

UFC did a good job promoting this show the weekend before especially with Ortega vs Edgar. That fight and Cat were the Reasons I bought the show. To me the number says that cyborg will bring you a respectable number to matter what and a good number against a name but a card she’s headlining unless it’s ufc 217, 205, 200 level stacked is not getting you 500k

I don't see people comparing her popularity to Ronda so if you put that aside she just drew solid numbers.  She fought someone who has never fought in the ufc and someone who even hardcore fans don't know of on a last minute replacement.  The ufc didn't have time to really promote this card appropriately and add that to the fact the undercard (besides the co main) was pretty damn weak.

Very solid numbers

commonsense517 - 

Sigh

Considering the short notice, and no name opponent I think its a pretty decent number. UFC didnt promote this card for shit. You just mentioned they did a good job promoting it the weekend before the event, yet most ppl had NO idea there was even a UFC event goin on during fight week. Very little promo and very little push.

WME as a whole has not put any promotion behind any events recently. Almost as if they want to save marketing dollars and just settle for whatever buys they get. The next fight with Khabib and Ferg will be a good indicator of where they stand as far as marketing goes. If they dont give that fight the full on push and have khabib and ferguson on talk shows, etc leading up to that ppv, then the only thing they will push will be a Conor come back. They just arent invested in pushing these events like the Fertitas era was.

Target_the_Gash - 
Don J -
commonsense517 - 

Sigh

Considering the short notice, and no name opponent I think its a pretty decent number. UFC didnt promote this card for shit. You just mentioned they did a good job promoting it the weekend before the event, yet most ppl had NO idea there was even a UFC event goin on during fight week. Very little promo and very little push.

WME as a whole has not put any promotion behind any events recently. Almost as if they want to save marketing dollars and just settle for whatever buys they get. The next fight with Khabib and Ferg will be a good indicator of where they stand as far as marketing goes. If they dont give that fight the full on push and have khabib and ferguson on talk shows, etc leading up to that ppv, then the only thing they will push will be a Conor come back. They just arent invested in pushing these events like the Fertitas era was.

They did a 7-episode embedded for it and they have added a couple new promotional shows as well. I think I watched a UFC Connected or something about it, there was one other new show, and they also did a ‘Road to the Octagon’ for it. All in all it got a lot of promotional push, just not much in the way of advertising outside of the regular channels for disseminating promo material (FS1/ FS2, Youtube, Fightpass, previous event).

I guess thats what it is. I never watch FS1/FS2 unless im watching UFC. And I dont get on UFC’s youtube channel or follow their twitter feeds. So I saw very little promotion. Compare that to a Conor card and they are all over ESPN, Fox, talkshows, interviews on mainstream media, etc…

hmmn Who’s buying these events?

a bit higher than I was expecting, but in the ball park.

Do people really believe that fans #1 reason for buying that card was Cyborg and not Edgar/Ortega? 

WME promoted the fuck out of it, every youtube ad was Rogan screaming about Cyborg.