UFC 259 results & discussion

Main Card (Live on PPV, 10:00 PM EST)

-Jan Blachowicz defeated Israel Adesanya by Unanimous Decision (49-46, 49-45, 49-45)

-Amanda Nunes defeated Megan Anderson by Submission (Armbar, Round 1, 2:03)

-Aljamain Sterling defeated Petr Yan by DQ (Illegal Knee, Round 4, 4:29)

-Islam Makhachev defeated Drew Dober by Submission (Arm Triangle Choke, Round 3, 1:37)

-Aleksandar Rakic defeatedThiago Santos by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)

Preliminary Card (Live on ESPN, 8:00 PM EST)

-Dominick Cruz defeated Casey Kenney by Split Decision (28-29, 29-28, 30-27)

-Kyler Phillips defeated Song Yadong  by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

-Askar Askarov defeated Joseph Benavidez by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-26)

-Kai Kara-France defeated Rogerio Bontorin by TKO (Strikes, Round 1, 4:55)

Early Prelims (Live on ESPN+, 6:00 PM EST)

-Tim Elliott defeated Jordan Espinosa by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-25)

-Kennedy Nzechukwu defeated Carlos Ulberg by TKO (Punches, Round 2, 3:19)

-Sean Brady defeated Jake Matthews by Submission (Arm-Triangle Choke, Round 3, 3:28)

-Amanda Lemos defeated Livinha Souza by TKO (Punches, Round 1, 3:39)

-Uros Medic defeated Aalon Cruz by TKO (Punches, Round 1, 1:40)

-Trevin Jones defeated Mario Bautista by TKO (Punches, Round 2, 0:40)

Damn. Cruz is on the prelims?

1 Like

Prelims start at 515 ET 

6 Likes

In. Watching at the local movie theater. First time. Anyone ever watch a ufc at a movie theater if so how was it?

Vegito Blue - 

In. Watching at the local movie theater. First time. Anyone ever watch a ufc at a movie theater if so how was it?

Yes,watched it one time when Randy Couture fought James Toney.They never showed another UFC in that theater after that.The place was only 1/4 full.I love big screen TV so I thought that it was great.The fans were just typical fans there that night.

They cheered the loudest when Randy got the submission.

1 Like
Thebonfirexm -

Prelims start at 515 ET 

Thanks for the answer I came looking for. Lol, fucking UG and their fight times.

Thebonfirexm -

Prelims start at 515 ET 

Wouldnt be a ug thread without them getting one of the times wrong. 

Thebonfirexm -

Prelims start at 515 ET 

I was gonna say, how the hell they gonna fit 10 fights in 2 hours 

What a card. It's refreshing to see a main card with 5 good fights with names I recognize. Prelims are incredible as well. Let's go!!!

DT_MMA -

What a card. It's refreshing to see a main card with 5 good fights with names I recognize. Prelims are incredible as well. Let's go!!!

Agreed! 

crowbar -
Vegito Blue - 

Yes,watched it one time when Randy Couture fought James Toney.They never showed another UFC in that theater after that.The place was only 1/4 full.I love big screen TV so I thought that it was great.The fans were just typical fans there that night.

They cheered the loudest when Randy got the submission.

Cool. So since it’s not a movie it’s ok to make noise and use my phone at times obviously right 

Has there ever been a UFC card with 15 fights on it?

Edit: Never mind. UFC 2 had a tournament (I think 16 fights in all) and the Fight Night card on July 26 last year had 15.

Universally -

Has there ever been a UFC card with 15 fights on it?

Yes

Looks like a good card but $70? Damn...

We are live! Trevin jones walking out with tears rolling down his face. I've got bautista -220. Hoping to start the night with a W. 

WAIT! WTF? These fights are already starting? Can whoever makes these goddamn threads start putting the correct times in the OP please...... this has happened so many times, but today in particular is a real curveball because the card seems to be a regular ppv.

Might throw down some bets tonight but not sure on who yet, first glance at the card / odds wasn't really sure who I really liked.

Not at home either so tuning in may be sporadic, smart man would save his money 

sgotwalks -

WAIT! WTF? These fights are already starting? Can whoever makes these goddamn threads start putting the correct times in the OP please...... this has happened so many times, but today in particular is a real curveball because the card seems to be a regular ppv.

According to Ug News, prelims start at 8pm,  And early prelims start at 8pm. Duuuuh

Big fan of the ref. He's become my favorite. Would buy his guided meditations.