UFC 297 Strickland v. Du Plessis thread

I’ve always said, and conventional wisdom did as well, you have to TAKE the belt. That wasn’t it by any stretch. These new markets, or ones that rarely have fights, conpletely miss that.

6 Likes

No ones gonna rewatch that crap

2 Likes

between you and huntsman74 I am not sure who’s sucked more cocks on this board

1 Like

How about that co main though.

2 Likes

I had money on Dricus so that probably added to my enthusiasm

Busted Sean up? He landed one elbow that cut his eye, that’s it. DDP’s face was black and blue and his left eye was completely swollen shut. Sean clearly did more damage.

2 Likes

I agree that DDP won, but his takedowns were meaningless. Nothing came up of them, but the Unified Rules loves wrestlers.

Tf did i do? Huntsman is my sworn enemy

Fuck, I was just saying that in a group chat. There should be back to the mat at the very least for it to count for anything

1 Like

Honestly kind of ridiculous to give Khamzat the shot, his 2 wins at MW are over WW’s. He would be the fav over DDP though.

1 Like

This fight was judged by 5 Jon Anik’s. They count big dramatic swings that miss and ignore less dramatic straights that land. Body shots don’t even count.

2 Likes

How you guys see any combination of Alex/Izzy/Dricus/Sean as exciting is beyond me. These guys aren’t explosive to watch but they’re also not extremely calculated chess matches either. All these fights are/were stale.

3 Likes

Dricus’ wrestling and ground game might fuck Izzy up but if he stands with Izzy, Izzy probably picks him apart. I’d like to see Izzy rematch Sean too. Sean proved he didn’t fluke out but I think it showed Izzy might have been burnt out or unmotivated a bit. Although it also seemed like Sean had Izzy’s number since he was able to keep it up over 5 rounds.

2 Likes

Strickland blocked/slipped a ton of strikes. The actual punch that cut him barely grazed him, and Dricus glove scraped him, causing the blood. I seriously think judges can’t tell when strikes are being blocked, even partially blocked, and aren’t doing damage. Sean is so fluid with his style that you have to actually know what you’re watching. I don’t think there’s a chance in hell that Dricus landed 73 clean significant strikes.

6 Likes

They’re all fighting not to lose now.

3 Likes

I have no idea who the fuck he is. He just responded to a post about me not liking WMMA?

1 Like

Motherfucker even types with a lisp

Absolutely zero chance that Du Plessis landed 73 clean significant strikes on Strickland.

I’m a fan of Dricus, but I seriously think these judges need to be shown what blocked/parried/slipped/rolled strikes look like.

6 Likes

Thing is, it was not until i saw the strike counts that i realised how much the jab was working for Sean.

And how many head kicks did Sean just take without any real effect, 4 or 5?

1 Like