UFC 297 Strickland v. Du Plessis thread

First African champion.

Congratulations, Africa!

4 Likes

Did you just call the new champ Kissus Dupleses? Lol that made me chuckle, very clever

1 Like

Cheers guys! Have a nice one! Peace out

3 Likes

They (UFC) should let the UG , 3 UG’ers judge a card,
Would probably have to be in a non sanctioned country tho…

Get a few of the Dagis on the card and also Peter Yan.

I’m sure if they picked @Nick_Diaz_Army and @JackMerridew as a 2/3 man army they would be professional and unbiased, if it went to a decision

star trek GIF

Congratulations to Neil Magny tonight

4 Likes

Yeeeeeeahhhhhhhhh

https://twitter.com/VerdictMMA/status/1748962837865623616

100 percent agreed. Rounds 3 and 4 were Dricus best rounds, but I’m not even sure he won the third.

3 Likes

Same 2 judges that gave aljo the nod over henry .

Is there even a procedure to have a judges track formally examined?

2 Likes

Ever hear it called the 10 point must system? Why do you think that is :face_with_monocle:

5 Likes

All the judges see is a fighter backing up with blood on his face being taken down. It doesn’t matter that he was rolling with punches, and popping right back up after takedowns. This is how almost every judge handles MMA scoring regardless of what they’re told are the key metrics to look for.

4 Likes

1 Like

DDP followed Sean around the cage eating clean punches all night while missing the majority of his

This is why I don’t care too much for MMA anymore

A handful of years ago, the sport changed. It used to be the Superbowl of MMA…

Now it’s shitty unknown fighters by the dozens, WMMA, and robberies

Sean won 4-1

4 Likes

Yeah I know. It’s pretty stupid.

2 Likes

Didn’t watch this shitty card Strickland talks a good game but he’s always pillowfisted when it counts.

4 Likes

Just read they recently switched from compustrike to dominion systems.

Oh that changes everything

…… NOT

We gotta get your scoring system implemented.

1 Like

Extremely biased commentating against Strikland. However, he got taken down at the wrong times. It could have gone either way. Strikland did more damage but Dricus had surprisingly better gas than I predicted in late rounds…

Great night for South Africa :south_africa: with a solid champ.

Great night for globohomo pundits like Ariel and luke Thomas to get rid of a political firebrand talking about things they want silenced.

Strikland had to know they aren’t letting him win in a decision.

How about that women’s title fight though…

5 Likes