UFC did right re: stitch

Kinrao -
McGruff The Crime Hog - Just a cut man? Many high level fighters specifically ask for this guy, even change their own schedules so that he can be at their fights because he is so good at what he does. He also wraps their hands.

It's crazy to me that threads like these are popping up calling important support staff like Stich something that you can easily be thrown away like an old plastic water bottle, easily replaceable. These guys are masters at what they do. I am genuinely disturbed by this announcement. Phone Post 3.0
This.

Good cutmen change fights. How many fights have you seen where at the end of a round a fighter is bleeding badly only to come out the next round and have a minute or two to score points before the bleeding starts again. If we have poor and inexperienced cutmen we get more Doctor stoppages and more fighters with lay offs due to broken hands.

The UFC exists as the top promotion not just because of the fighters. Bruce B, the ring girls, Joe Rogan and others make it what it is. The Reebok deal is in theory a good one but it's been badly thought out. People being canned because they express concern that their earnings have diminished is both sad and concerning. Phone Post 3.0
voted up... thanks to both of you for making valid points on this... stitch did not deserve this (to be treated this way) Phone Post 3.0

Think of all the free advertising stitch reaped personal benefit from in the previous years. All from a platform that he was never entitled too.

Let the UFC control their business. Phone Post 3.0

Shame and definitely undeserved imo.

On the other hand, everyone said shit was going to fall apart when Burt left, and there hasn't been any noticeable change at all. Phone Post 3.0

Yet another management does no  wrong thread and post from our good friend Goku--

Goku represents fighters. . .

This whole situation is unfortunate and I wish the best for Stitch. However, if I were to publicly criticize my employer, I would definitely NOT have a job tomorrow. And the fact that Stitch is not technically UFC's employee makes it even easier to cut ties with him.

The only reason the fighters have gotten away with the backlash is because they are the product and firing one of them for this could be opening a Pandora's box to a fighter's union. Regardless of how experienced a cutman is, they are still a commodity to the UFC. No one is buying PPVs based on cutmen. Phone Post 3.0

wasn't one of stitches points that he had no input at all with how the cutman "kit" was made ?

I guess if your used to having all your equipment in certain places and then the new gear you have to wear is all changed without giving you a chance to try it out then its gonna slow down your work as you try and find where everything is during the round break.

just my thought

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you cannot tell an independent contractor how to dress, can you?

ThomasBJJ - Correct me if I'm wrong, but you cannot tell an independent contractor how to dress, can you?
Being able to terminate them "at will" for any reason accomplishes that. Phone Post 3.0

Kostakio - I agree. When I read his rant (or whatever you want to call it), I was like, "Get over yourself." Phone Post 3.0

Is Stitch not allowed to share his opinions when asked for them? Can't he speak about how the Reebok deal may affect his career, as well as the careers of others?

Chuck Kongo - 
ISuckDosBalls - 
Chuck Kongo - Fuck that crybaby.

Good riddance.

Hopefully all of the stupid fucks who were apparently buying PPVs and tickets just to see that old fossil play with his cotton swabs and Petroleum jelly will now boycott the UFC and go watch fucking soccer or male figure skating.

Too bad, so sad, bye bye!
Fuck you dude. Phone Post 3.0

What is he? Your dad?

He wouldn't piss on you if your fucking face was on fire.

Go change your tampon, douche.

I think youre kind of a dick but this did make me laugh. Kinda killed it with the second line. Lol

Spinning Shit - 
ThomasBJJ - Correct me if I'm wrong, but you cannot tell an independent contractor how to dress, can you?
Being able to terminate them "at will" for any reason accomplishes that. Phone Post 3.0

I wonder how this would work for a fighter. Say the fighter doesnt like their current contract and wants to go to a different promotion. If they refuse to wear their uniform would they just be terminated and cut loose to go elsewhere? Seems to easy....

Enter the code of conduct--which was tacked onto the Promotional agreement by amendment.  Fighters are asked to sign these tack ons via amendment that often arrives with their next bout agreement. . .

More likely, the fighter would be pulled from the fight, the fighter would be fined for breaching the "code of conduct," the fighter would be threatened with a suit for breaching the terms of the promotional agreement. . .

Gokudumbass strikes again. Phone Post 3.0

Stitch died for our sins. Phone Post 3.0

wiggum -
gokudamus - what does being well known have anything to do with it..

the problem is a sense of self-entitlement...you are the cutman...you arent entitled to sponsors..it was a privilege...

I'm pretty sure you're trolling. Otherwise, you have some real misunderstandings of what entitlement means.

People are actually entitled to earn a living. And they are entitled to choose a career that best helps them achieve their hopes and dreams within the bounds of ethics.

Stick is entitled to move to boxing from the UFC.
Lol Phone Post 3.0

rbl -
gokudamus - what does being well known have anything to do with it..

the problem is a sense of self-entitlement...you are the cutman...you arent entitled to sponsors..it was a privilege...

The UFC as his employer has a right to make him wear a uniform, he has a right to express dissatisfaction with that uniform. The UFC has a right to no longer use his services based on that, we as fans have a right to call them cunts for doing so. Phone Post 3.0
And I have the right to say stfu Phone Post 3.0

Macedawgg -

Yet another management does no  wrong thread and post from our good friend Goku--

Goku represents fighters. . .

Yes but I don't represent cutmen (lol) Phone Post 3.0

DiscipleDojo - Don't feed the trolls. Every real MMA fan knows that without cutmen there is no fight. Phone Post 3.0
There also no ufc without the janitors that clean the toilets. I want to know what javier, the best toilet cleaner on the ufc payroll thinks of the reebok uniforms Phone Post 3.0

pulsar -
gokudamus - what does being well known have anything to do with it..

What you're really saying is fuck his free speech - why bother veiling it with the latest neo-con catch cry of 'entitlement'. I think he's well and truly 'entitled' to call it as he sees it without getting fired. You sound like a fascist.

Free speech has nothing to do with this dummy. Yeah I have free speech to talk shit about my employer too, but guess what? I'd get canned with the quickness. Phone Post 3.0

Rumble Young Man Rumble - 1/10
This shit isn't even worth 1. Phone Post 3.0