UFC did right re: stitch

How about the fighters want him there because he is fucking awesome you dick w ears Phone Post 3.0

gokudamus - what does being well known have anything to do with it..

the problem is a sense of self-entitlement...you are the cutman...you arent entitled to sponsors..it was a privilege...

What you're really saying is fuck his free speech - why bother veiling it with the latest neo-con catch cry of 'entitlement'. I think he's well and truly 'entitled' to call it as he sees it without getting fired. You sound like a fascist.

He keeps fights from being stopped early due to a cut or his wraps prevents broken hands better than anyone else's which allows a fight to play out as it needs to. He deserves the credit and the pay Phone Post 3.0

JetSetter -
gokudamus - sorry, but you are the cutman..the CUTMAN...you are threatening to leave the UFC over not having sponsors on your vest and publicly heaping on the criticism of the UFC partnership with reebok?

YOU ARE THE CUTMAN
I agree bro. The cut man should never be seen or heard. Just fix the damn cuts and keep your trap shut.
It's the same as a caddy carrying the bag for a pro golfer and bitching about his sponsors. Phone Post 3.0
Again, golf bag can be carried by any joe shmo. Cut man has a legitimate duty and can effect the outcome of the fight. Not fair to compare them to someone they can just pull out of the stands Phone Post 3.0

Fuck that crybaby.

Good riddance.

Hopefully all of the stupid fucks who were apparently buying PPVs and tickets just to see that old fossil play with his cotton swabs and Petroleum jelly will now boycott the UFC and go watch fucking soccer or male figure skating.

Too bad, so sad, bye bye!

Goddamn you're a fucking idiot. Phone Post 3.0

Just a cut man? Many high level fighters specifically ask for this guy, even change their own schedules so that he can be at their fights because he is so good at what he does. He also wraps their hands.

It's crazy to me that threads like these are popping up calling important support staff like Stich something that you can easily be thrown away like an old plastic water bottle, easily replaceable. These guys are masters at what they do. I am genuinely disturbed by this announcement. Phone Post 3.0

Chuck Kongo - Fuck that crybaby.

Good riddance.

Hopefully all of the stupid fucks who were apparently buying PPVs and tickets just to see that old fossil play with his cotton swabs and Petroleum jelly will now boycott the UFC and go watch fucking soccer or male figure skating.

Fuck you dude. Phone Post 3.0

gokudamus - what does being well known have anything to do with it..

the problem is a sense of self-entitlement...you are the cutman...you arent entitled to sponsors..it was a privilege...

I'm pretty sure you're trolling. Otherwise, you have some real misunderstandings of what entitlement means.

People are actually entitled to earn a living. And they are entitled to choose a career that best helps them achieve their hopes and dreams within the bounds of ethics.

Stick is entitled to move to boxing from the UFC.

gokudamus - what does being well known have anything to do with it..

The UFC as his employer has a right to make him wear a uniform, he has a right to express dissatisfaction with that uniform. The UFC has a right to no longer use his services based on that, we as fans have a right to call them cunts for doing so. Phone Post 3.0

ISuckDosBalls - 

Good riddance.

What is he? Your dad?

He wouldn't piss on you if your fucking face was on fire.

Go change your tampon, douche.

McGruff The Crime Hog - Just a cut man? Many high level fighters specifically ask for this guy, even change their own schedules so that he can be at their fights because he is so good at what he does. He also wraps their hands.

It's crazy to me that threads like these are popping up calling important support staff like Stich something that you can easily be thrown away like an old plastic water bottle, easily replaceable. These guys are masters at what they do. I am genuinely disturbed by this announcement. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah, this one actually bothers me.

On one hand, you have a guy who was supplementing his income and that was taken away. On the other hand, that income was based on him selling advertising time that wasn't really his. I mean, it's not like the training staff in the NFL can sell space on their clothes. The kids who mop up the sweat during NBA games aren't allowed to sell sponsor space on their shirts, so this isn't without precedent.

I just wish that they could have figured out some kind of settlement so that everyone could be somewhat happy.

Stitch was very good at what he did and hopefully Phone Post 3.0

Chuck Kongo -
ISuckDosBalls - 

Good riddance.

What is he? Your dad?

He wouldn't piss on you if your fucking face was on fire.

Go change your tampon, douche.
Nice comeback, child. Phone Post 3.0

6MonthsKickCheckTraining - 
JetSetter -
gokudamus - sorry, but you are the cutman..the CUTMAN...you are threatening to leave the UFC over not having sponsors on your vest and publicly heaping on the criticism of the UFC partnership with reebok?

YOU ARE THE CUTMAN
I agree bro. The cut man should never be seen or heard. Just fix the damn cuts and keep your trap shut.
It's the same as a caddy carrying the bag for a pro golfer and bitching about his sponsors. Phone Post 3.0
Again, golf bag can be carried by any joe shmo. Cut man has a legitimate duty and can effect the outcome of the fight. Not fair to compare them to someone they can just pull out of the stands Phone Post 3.0

Err... no. Don't talk up Stitch then proclaim that anyone can be professional caddy. This ain't some low-level public golf-course we're talking out!

Coincidentally, the caddies are in a lawsuit against the PGA over what they can/can't wear during an event and if/how they should be compensated.

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/caddies-file-multi-million-dollar-lawsuit-against-pga-tour

stitch also did hand wraps... which a lot of fighters preferred over other "cutmen" ...

he has just as much right to complain about this reebok deal as anyone else

plus he didn't really say that much... sad times for MMA in my opinion (you should read jacob durans book... pretty good read) Phone Post 3.0

rbl - 
gokudamus - what does being well known have anything to do with it..

The UFC as his employer has a right to make him wear a uniform, he has a right to express dissatisfaction with that uniform. The UFC has a right to no longer use his services based on that, we as fans have a right to call them cunts for doing so. Phone Post 3.0

Anyone who thinks differently on the issue than rbl is an idiot.

Shills are coming out of the woodwork Phone Post 3.0

Uncle Ringo - Really, fuckface?
Stitch never threatened to leave the UFC. He never was a UFC employee to begin with and he never stopped working boxing.
He simply stated that he didn't get any reebok money and suggested working with more boxers to recoup the lost dollars.
Getting blackballed like this is bullshit.
Why should he get reebok money? Why should he be sponsored in the first place? Phone Post 3.0

McGruff The Crime Hog - Just a cut man? Many high level fighters specifically ask for this guy, even change their own schedules so that he can be at their fights because he is so good at what he does. He also wraps their hands.

This.

Good cutmen change fights. How many fights have you seen where at the end of a round a fighter is bleeding badly only to come out the next round and have a minute or two to score points before the bleeding starts again. If we have poor and inexperienced cutmen we get more Doctor stoppages and more fighters with lay offs due to broken hands.

The UFC exists as the top promotion not just because of the fighters. Bruce B, the ring girls, Joe Rogan and others make it what it is. The Reebok deal is in theory a good one but it's been badly thought out. People being canned because they express concern that their earnings have diminished is both sad and concerning. Phone Post 3.0

Ramsey - 
Uncle Ringo - Really, fuckface?
Stitch never threatened to leave the UFC. He never was a UFC employee to begin with and he never stopped working boxing.
He simply stated that he didn't get any reebok money and suggested working with more boxers to recoup the lost dollars.
Getting blackballed like this is bullshit.
Why should he get reebok money? Why should he be sponsored in the first place? Phone Post 3.0

I don't feel like I said he should?
What I said was that its bullshit that he's being blackballed for stating that he lost an avenue of income and tossing out a couple of ideas where he could recoup it.

The UG Thread title for that was misleading as fuck. He never said it might drive him to boxing. He never stopped doing boxing. He just said that he might have to work with more boxers to make up the money he lost from his sponsors.