UFC Gold (again) no definitive proof of the best!

If the UFC keeps going towards the wwe route, time for me to find a new sport Phone Post

MartialArtsMixed - 

If the UFC keeps going towards the wwe route, time for me to find a new sport Phone Post

Any ideas?

If you keep winning you will eventually get a title shot. You might have to win more than others but if youcan beat everyone you will become champ. For proof, see machida, barao and JDS long roads to the belt

nick diaz nut hugger - 
MartialArtsMixed - If the UFC keeps going towards the wwe route, time for me to find a new sport Phone Post

GTFOHWTBS. Sonnen's shot is a fucking joke, but Dana was pretty clear when he said that Johny Hendricks, while deserving of a shot, is in no position to demand anything.

Gsp is the biggest draw in the UFC and has been the champion how long? He wants to fight Nick, so let him fight Nick and get his fucking ass beat.

Enjoy water polo Phone Post

sure AS and GSP should pick there fights. A sure fire way to ensure legitimacy of a sport is to let the champs pick, WTF not?

If it happens that Hendro (or any true #1) gets hurt before he gets a chance and is never the same, hey that's fine too!

"UFC Gold (again) no definitive proof of the best!"

This because #1's are not getting thier shots.

nick diaz nut hugger - 

Let's be honest here - GSP-Hendricks is just GSP-Koscheck 3

Dude I do not agree (because of greater power at the minimum) but per the thread it's a moot point.

Look I bet a ton on JBJ (Vs Sonnen) as soon as the line opened (scared of odds moving which they did BIG time) and IMO it's like stealing! But even in that fight I admit they need to fight it, that how come I COULD bet it!

"UFC Gold (again) no definitive proof of the best!"

This because true #1's are not getting thier shots.

Our opinions are moot in this, it is what it is. No worries mate, Nick is getting the fight with this clown show promoter no question IMO.

MartialArtsMixed - 

If the UFC keeps going towards the wwe route, time for me to find a new sport

They are only doing it because fans are buying it. The fans have shown They don't buy when they aren't Interested in certain fighters. Remember Fitch? Dana didn't book a gsp/fitch rematch cause fans hate Fitch's style. Didn't matter that he was the clear number two. The fans are just as much to blame for this entertainment first,sport second format the ufc is doing.

r_o_y - 
MartialArtsMixed - 

They are only doing it because fans are buying it. The fans have shown They don't buy when they aren't Interested in certain fighters. Remember Fitch? Dana didn't book a gsp/fitch rematch cause fans hate Fitch's style. Didn't matter that he was the clear number two. The fans are just as much to blame for this entertainment first,sport second format the ufc is doing.

Fair and logical post. The UFC is a business and the idea is to make money. With the UFC on FOX though I'm sure it's time to 'be legit'. Plus as mentioned these days if you rob a guy of a title shot he may get hurt and never get back when maybe he was supposed to own a belt (our opinions are irrelevant in this too in terms of what chance WE think a fighter has).

Lazer MMA - 
r_o_y - 
MartialArtsMixed - 

Fair and logical post. The UFC is a business and the idea is to make money. With the UFC on FOX though I'm sure it's time to 'be legit'. Plus as mentioned these days if you rob a guy of a title shot he may get hurt and never get back when maybe he was supposed to own a belt (our opinions are irrelevant in this too in terms of what chance WE think a fighter has).

Ufc can do it. Fox gives them the backing and resources they need to make a legit ranking system.

But ...ufc are going to have to take some risks. There are going to be some fans who aren't going to get what they want. No more matches like sonnen and Jones. Ppv numbers might tank a little. In the end though I think it will make them more legit and get the ufc taken more seriously.

r_o_y - 
Lazer MMA - 
r_o_y - 
MartialArtsMixed - 

Ufc can do it. Fox gives them the backing and resources they need to make a legit ranking system.

But ...ufc are going to have to take some risks. There are going to be some fans who aren't going to get what they want. No more matches like sonnen and Jones. Ppv numbers might tank a little. In the end though I think it will make them more legit and get the ufc taken more seriously.

Well two of us are on the same page. Can you get Dana on the line? LOL

Animal Mother - 
Hikikomori - Ufc is entertainment, not a sport.. Phone Post

I think you should go watch WWE fren. Phone Post

He's half way there. That's his point the match ups are BS.

TTT

Lazer MMA - 
r_o_y - 
Lazer MMA - 
r_o_y - 
MartialArtsMixed - 

Well two of us are on the same page. Can you get Dana on the line? LOL

LOL!

No one calls him Hendro. Stop it.

MinnowInaMankiniGotAced - 
Lazer MMA - 
Animal Mother - 

Wait a second...

The other day you made a thread about how much you miss Pride.

Pride matchmaking had a lot more in common with pro-wrestling. They didn't even try to hide it.

So if you loved Pride and miss it, shouldn't this be right up your alley?

I made what was supposed to be a feel good thread of stuff we'd have seen if it was the UFC that died and PRIDe lived. It did not turn out that way LOL! But lots of good points were made, the best about Bonnar - Griffen growing MMA IMO.

PRIDe from the start was a different animal in order to get folks in Japan to even watch MMA they brought in pro-wrestlers who was huge in Japan. Takada was the biggest superstar in Japan. Even Saku came from pro-wrestling BTW.

As I said I think though in PRIDe we'd have seen JBJ VS AS (if JBJ would even have been a fighter) and AS VS GSP too (as well as Brock Vs Fedor). They (and me) loved a good freak show fight too though no doubt. What are the fights in PRIDe you wanted to happen and did not as a quick sidebar?

All of this has nothing to do with a true number one getting a shot or else forfeiting your legitimacy. This is (was supposed to be) a more serious thread.

Mix6APlix - UFC has been about money for a long time now. How some of you are just realizing it, I'll never know.

FYI R_o_Y last post:

"Ufc can do it. Fox gives them the backing and resources they need to make a legit ranking system.

But ...ufc are going to have to take some risks. There are going to be some fans who aren't going to get what they want. No more matches like sonnen and Jones. Ppv numbers might tank a little. In the end though I think it will make them more legit and get the ufc taken more seriously."

Lazer MMA -
jaytrainwreck -  Sports are entertainment. Phone Post

'Real sports' have playoffs as the best prove it. There is no champion until the playoffs are over. Number #1's are NOT denied AND NEXT YEAR means NOTHING in that equation at all.

but not all teams play each other Phone Post

Lazer MMA - 
Lazer MMA - 
Animal Mother - 

Wait a second...

The other day you made a thread about how much you miss Pride.

Pride matchmaking had a lot more in common with pro-wrestling. They didn't even try to hide it.

So if you loved Pride and miss it, shouldn't this be right up your alley?

I made what was supposed to be a feel good thread of stuff we'd have seen if it was the UFC that died and PRIDe lived. It did not turn out that way LOL! But lots of good points were made, the best about Bonnar - Griffen growing MMA IMO.

PRIDe from the start was a different animal in order to get folks in Japan to even watch MMA they brought in pro-wrestlers who was huge in Japan. Takada was the biggest superstar in Japan. Even Saku came from pro-wrestling BTW.

As I said I think though in PRIDe we'd have seen JBJ VS AS (if JBJ would even have been a fighter) and AS VS GSP too (as well as Brock Vs Fedor). They (and me) loved a good freak show fight too though no doubt. What are the fights in PRIDe you wanted to happen and did not as a quick sidebar?

All of this has nothing to do with a true number one getting a shot or else forfeiting your legitimacy. This is (was supposed to be) a more serious thread.

So it's a double standard then?

If Pride "won the war" as in your hypothetical thread, you would be seeing a lot worse match-ups than Diaz-GSP or Sonnen-Jones. Would you be complaining as much about title legitimacy? Or would you be still making excuses that Pride has to do this because of the peculiarities of the Japanese market?

I just want to understand how you reconcile "loving a good freak show fight" while at the same time complaining about how UFC's matchmaking lacks legitimacy.

Why is only the UFC that's tasked with upholding the legitimacy of the sport?

huba bubba hubba buba? DERP

I know M&M had a good line in the battle (in the movie) that kind of fit.

Dude I explained the difference in the promotions and threads above as a courtesy, PRIDe is dead. There is nothing to reconcile even as some MMA fans watch the WWE (not be but WTF cares anyway!). If you're in the US think of all the sports that have to "uphold the legitimacy of the sport".

I said it's night and day even as the sport has evolved in the time since PRIDe was formed and today.

mmamonstar - 
Lazer MMA -
jaytrainwreck -  Sports are entertainment. Phone Post

'Real sports' have playoffs as the best prove it. There is no champion until the playoffs are over. Number #1's are NOT denied AND NEXT YEAR means NOTHING in that equation at all.

but not all teams play each other Phone Post

Great give an example. The best teams may not win but they get the chance to.

Hikikomori - 

Ufc is entertainment, not a sport.. Phone Post

Professional sports ARE enterntainment.

But the legitimate team having had the chance to compete is called the champion.

Lazer MMA - 
Mix6APlix - UFC has been about money for a long time now. How some of you are just realizing it, I'll never know.

FYI R_o_Y last post:

"Ufc can do it. Fox gives them the backing and resources they need to make a legit ranking system.

But ...ufc are going to have to take some risks. There are going to be some fans who aren't going to get what they want. No more matches like sonnen and Jones. Ppv numbers might tank a little. In the end though I think it will make them more legit and get the ufc taken more seriously."

So you want UFC to do something that will cause PPV numbers, ratings, ticket sales to "tank a little"?

Why in the world would they do that, to please the handful of "hardcore" fans on the internet who already watch every event despite complaining about EVERYTHING that UFC does?

Do you understand that the UFC is a business entity, whose goal is to generate a profit, not a charitable organization aiming to "legitimize the sport"?

I didn't say I want it, just saying what would be needed for them to make the change.

I don't care what they do anymore. I watch here and there but it's hard to take stuff like sonnen vs Jones seriously. I know they are trying to money But sonnen JUST lost a title shot...and he got wrecked.