UFC Gold (again) no definitive proof of the best!

MinnowInaMankiniGotAced - 
Lazer MMA - 
Mix6APlix - UFC has been about money for a long time now. How some of you are just realizing it, I'll never know.

FYI R_o_Y last post:

"Ufc can do it. Fox gives them the backing and resources they need to make a legit ranking system.

But ...ufc are going to have to take some risks. There are going to be some fans who aren't going to get what they want. No more matches like sonnen and Jones. Ppv numbers might tank a little. In the end though I think it will make them more legit and get the ufc taken more seriously."

So you want UFC to do something that will cause PPV numbers, ratings, ticket sales to "tank a little"?

Why in the world would they do that, to please the handful of "hardcore" fans on the internet who already watch every event despite complaining about EVERYTHING that UFC does?

Do you understand that the UFC is a business entity, whose goal is to generate a profit, not a charitable organization aiming to "legitimize the sport"?

Why are you so lost? Why do you think Sonnen VS JBJ would even be considered or Diaz Vs GSP. Yes the numbers are not the same vs other options in the mind of the UFC (1+2=3). DERP

The poster points that out "Fox gives them the backing and resources they need to make a legit ranking system.

But ...ufc are going to have to take some risks. There are going to be some fans who aren't going to get what they want. No more matches like sonnen and Jones."

However getting the right fights on Fox can grow the sport beyond any level know before. You don't get it cool, don't try.

r_o_y - 
Lazer MMA - 
Mix6APlix - UFC has been about money for a long time now. How some of you are just realizing it, I'll never know.

FYI R_o_Y last post:

"Ufc can do it. Fox gives them the backing and resources they need to make a legit ranking system.

But ...ufc are going to have to take some risks. There are going to be some fans who aren't going to get what they want. No more matches like sonnen and Jones. Ppv numbers might tank a little. In the end though I think it will make them more legit and get the ufc taken more seriously."

So you want UFC to do something that will cause PPV numbers, ratings, ticket sales to "tank a little"?

Why in the world would they do that, to please the handful of "hardcore" fans on the internet who already watch every event despite complaining about EVERYTHING that UFC does?

Do you understand that the UFC is a business entity, whose goal is to generate a profit, not a charitable organization aiming to "legitimize the sport"?

I didn't say I want it, just saying what would be needed for them to make the change.

I don't care what they do anymore. I watch here and there but it's hard to take stuff like sonnen vs Jones seriously. I know they are trying to money But sonnen JUST lost a title shot...and he got wrecked.

And even if you put that joke of a fight on FOX, it will not grow the sport. It's not legitimate enough to do that (how it will play out).

Lazer MMA - 
r_o_y - 
Lazer MMA - 

FYI R_o_Y last post:

I didn't say I want it, just saying what would be needed for them to make the change.

I don't care what they do anymore. I watch here and there but it's hard to take stuff like sonnen vs Jones seriously. I know they are trying to money But sonnen JUST lost a title shot...and he got wrecked.

And even if you put that joke of a fight on FOX, it will not grow the sport. It's not legitimate enough to do that (how it will play out).

Than what if sonnen wins? How would you work that? I would laugh my ass off. Lol

Well I'd be out A SHITLOAD of $$$ LOL. I got my shit in early starting at -600 Roy! I bet that shit like money in the bank PERIOD.

Lazer MMA - 
Lazer MMA - 

FYI R_o_Y last post:

Why are you so lost? Why do you think Sonnen VS JBJ would even be considered or Diaz Vs GSP. Yes the numbers are not the same vs other options in the mind of the UFC (1+2=3). DERP

The poster points that out "Fox gives them the backing and resources they need to make a legit ranking system.

But ...ufc are going to have to take some risks. There are going to be some fans who aren't going to get what they want. No more matches like sonnen and Jones."

However getting the right fights on Fox can grow the sport beyond any level know before. You don't get it cool, don't try.

Matchups like Diaz-GSP and Sonnen-Jones get more people to watch and talk about UFC.

Introducing a "legit ranking system" and strictly sticking to it will make a small portion of the existing fanbase happy, and attract no new fans.

The purpose of the UFC as a business entity is to get the most eyes on their product and the most money in their pocket, not to please the hardcore rankings nerd (who for the most part are impossible to please no matter what).

Your think real small time bro. Last chance here.

No one but real MMA fans really know about MMA or these fighters. That's still small compared to other major sports. If JBJ VS Sonnen was on FOX the UFC would gain shit as Sonnen is meat and the fight would not be a good one even for the period that Sonnen held him down (if he even could).

I see the Diaz VS GSP fight much the same. Tooling Nick with the jab GSP will get the TD, and there will be bloody GNP for 5 full or Dr. stoppage.

Real number 1's are that for a reason. Put the best fighters on FOX and let them fight to grow the sport, they have the best chance.

Lazer MMA - 
Hikikomori - 

Ufc is entertainment, not a sport.. Phone Post

Professional sports ARE enterntainment.

But the legitimate team having had the chance to compete is called the champion.

So which UFC champions are not legitimate in your opinion?

Read my first post and the thread. Please stop with the trivial stuff, have good night.

"I'm saying it does not MATTER what WE think. "that's why they fight! It MUST be proven"; therefore, there is no "definitive proof of the best" as champions are failing to fight the true #1's and this can not be refuted.

Yes MMAE (entertainment) no question."

Therefore, the champions who fail (or who have failed) to fight the true #1's are in doubt.

MinnowInaMankiniGotAced - "Than what if sonnen wins? How would you work that?"

If Sonnen wins, it will set up an instant rematch which would bring in record-breaking numbers. It will "work" itself.

Yeah money works itself out but look at the rest of it. Why even have number 1 contender fights anymore? Just spin around and point to a fighter at random. I'm not talking about money. If another sport did this people would flip the hell out. Someone made a joke about Bj Penn training for Anderson Silva. sounds crazy right? Nothing would surprise me anymore now.

Lazer! Pew pew pewpewpew!

Pew pew pew! Phone Post

Lazer MMA - 
Lazer MMA - 
Lazer MMA - 

FYI R_o_Y last post:

Matchups like Diaz-GSP and Sonnen-Jones get more people to watch and talk about UFC.

Introducing a "legit ranking system" and strictly sticking to it will make a small portion of the existing fanbase happy, and attract no new fans.

The purpose of the UFC as a business entity is to get the most eyes on their product and the most money in their pocket, not to please the hardcore rankings nerd (who for the most part are impossible to please no matter what).

Your think real small time bro. Last chance here.

No one but real MMA fans really know about MMA or these fighters. That's still small compared to other major sports. If JBJ VS Sonnen was on FOX the UFC would gain shit as Sonnen is meat and the fight would not be a good one even for the period that Sonnen held him down (if he even could).

I see the Diaz VS GSP fight much the same. Tooling Nick with the jab GSP will get the TD, and there will be bloody GNP for 5 full or Dr. stoppage.

Real number 1's are that for a reason. Put the best fighters on FOX and let them fight to grow the sport, they have the best chance.

First, the fighter who gave Jones the most trouble and had him in most danger of all his UFC opponents was also the biggest underdog of all his UFC opponents.

Second, I think Hendricks-GSP (which will eventually happen unless GSP loses, retires, or permanently move up in weight) will be just as one sided as Diaz-GSP or anyone other welterweight vs GSP. But if UFC were to strictly follow a ranking system, GSP would have probably fought Fitch 3-4 times already. Would anyone want to see that after their first fight?

Going back to your Pride thread, you claim that Pride would have put together the Fedor-Lesnar and Silva-Jones fights. It seems like those are the type of fights you (and most fans) want to see. But if an MMA organization was to strictly follow a ranking, those type of fights would never take place.

So which is it that you want? Silva-Jones & Fedor-Lesnar, or GSP-Fitch 2, 3, and 4?

WTF not? Brock won the belt so he did not deserve the fight Vs fedor or he would not?

Fitch just lost to the true #2! WTF are you talking about?

I already just said above AGAIN "I'm saying it does not MATTER what WE think. "that's why they fight! WTF cares how you think Hendricks will go (or how I think it will either), he deserves the fight. Logically in time the best #1's will prove they have the best chance of victory (why they earned the #1 in the 1st place).

Looking at your last post and my full quote which I just refured to AGAIN. Figure it out using the first few sentences of my 1st post and the full quote. I said to please stop with the trivial. To me your grasping at straws and trolling. Have a good night.

MinnowInaMankiniGotAced - Also, I don't understand why you keep going on about "put the best fighters on FOX" when these illegitimate fights you are complaining about will both be on PPV.

Actually all the fights that UFC has put on Fox so far have been extremely legitimate, as far as title shots or #1 contender fights go.

I said the best chance to grow the sport was to put the best fighters on FOX and let them fight. That MMA was still small compared to other sports, but it could grow by leaps and bounds by doing that. I think it's logical.

r_o_y - 
MinnowInaMankiniGotAced - "Than what if sonnen wins? How would you work that?" If Sonnen wins, it will set up an instant rematch which would bring in record-breaking numbers. It will "work" itself.
Yeah money works itself out but look at the rest of it. Why even have number 1 contender fights anymore? Just spin around and point to a fighter at random. I'm not talking about money. If another sport did this people would flip the hell out. Someone made a joke about Bj Penn training for Anderson Silva. sounds crazy right? Nothing would surprise me anymore now.
Were you complaining about legitimacy back in the day when BJ Penn fought Lyoto Machida at open weight? Or were you praising his budo like most fans were at the time?
i'm talking about right now, you don't find doing things like Jones/sonnen a little weird? It just would be nice to have some structure so guys like Hendricks know for sure they are going to get the shot and not get shafted like Fitch did.

MinnowInaMankiniGotAced - "WTF not? Brock won the belt so he did not deserve the fight Vs fedor or he would not?"

Woah, back it up a bit. If UFC were following a ranking system all along, Brock would have never fought Randy for the title in the first place, not with a 2-1 record and one win in UFC, anyway. And if Brock had to fight his way up the ranks and face other contenders like Carwin, Cain, JDS or even Gonzaga then his inability to take a punch would have been exposed much sooner and he would never even get to fight for the title.

And forget Brock... if UFC were strictly following any kind of legitimate ranking then Couture, Sylvia, Mir would not have received half the title shots that they had. The HW division would have looked a whole lot different, except for the top 3 of JDS, Cain, Overeem who actually did fight their way up the ranks.

And saying "he won the belt so he deserved it" completely invalidates your argument for legitimacy in title shots. Serra won the belt so he deserved it. Brock won the belt so he deserved it. If Sonnen or Diaz win a belt, I guess they will also have deserved the shot, no?

Yes I concur with you here, Brock MAY have been stopped, we don't know. Well done post though IMO

Yes things may have gone differently.

The last part is hard to answer, I'd have to say yes and agree with you again but keep in mind I bet VERY heavy the other way in the JBJ fight (right away, scared of odds moving) and I imagine I will in the GSP fight too NO question. In fact I think Sonnen's best (only chance) in the fight is a JBJ injury during the fight itself.

MinnowInaMankiniGotAced - "Fitch just lost to the true #2! WTF are you talking about?"

Again, back it up a bit.

Fitch had to win 8 fights before he got his title shot, while St. Pierre was defending his belt against TUF winner Matt Serra. He then won another 5 in a row but still did not get a rematch, while GSP was defending his belt vs. Hardy and Penn. With any kind of ranking system in place, Fitch would have fought for the title more than once, guaranteed.

Okay say Fitch should have lost to GSP 1 more time before he was stopped by Hendricks too okay. Fair point but all of this is moot IMO.

If for any reason after GSP VS Diaz comes off (and this is today sir) and Hendricks fights and gets injured or for any reason is not the same as he would have been robbed of what may be a title (we'd just never know but today with injuries-OMG).

This so the UFC can cash in on what they see as a big bankable fight now in which... (refer to my take of the fight prior). TY sir

Lazer MMA - 
MinnowInaMankiniGotAced - Also, I don't understand why you keep going on about "put the best fighters on FOX" when these illegitimate fights you are complaining about will both be on PPV.

Actually all the fights that UFC has put on Fox so far have been extremely legitimate, as far as title shots or #1 contender fights go.

I said the best chance to grow the sport was to put the best fighters on FOX and let them fight. That MMA was still small compared to other sports, but it could grow by leaps and bounds by doing that. I think it's logical.

They are putting the best fighters on Fox and letting them bang, bro. The Fox cards so far have been full of super legit title fights and #1 contender matches.

That has nothing to do with them putting Jones-Sonnen and Diaz-GSP on PPV.

Nope not quite there at all boss. They blundered by failing to put on the entire card (which was HUGE)but this only happened with JDS VS Cain IMO. The best are the best, poor post IMO. Now I'm not saying I did not like the cards, hell I think FUEL cards kick ass like a motherfu(*@r but we are real fans. I'm saying to get AS, Hendo, Aldo, JDS, Bendo ext on fox. Gamble to get your product to explode and it maybe will. Hell it has in Brazil, more $$$ in the US though.

Be legit, give the true number 1's there do. Don't be penny wise and pound foolish.

BTW I am in favor of across the board random testing too. To me that is also a must.

MinnowInaMankiniGotAced - "WTF not? Brock won the belt so he did not deserve the fight Vs fedor or he would not?"

Woah, back it up a bit. If UFC were following a ranking system all along, Brock would have never fought Randy for the title in the first place, not with a 2-1 record and one win in UFC, anyway. And if Brock had to fight his way up the ranks and face other contenders like Carwin, Cain, JDS or even Gonzaga then his inability to take a punch would have been exposed much sooner and he would never even get to fight for the title.

And forget Brock... if UFC were strictly following any kind of legitimate ranking then Couture, Sylvia, Mir would not have received half the title shots that they had. The HW division would have looked a whole lot different, except for the top 3 of JDS, Cain, Overeem who actually did fight their way up the ranks.

And saying "he won the belt so he deserved it" completely invalidates your argument for legitimacy in title shots. Serra won the belt so he deserved it. Brock won the belt so he deserved it. If Sonnen or Diaz win a belt, I guess they will also have deserved the shot, no?

Yeah I would have to give Diaz or sonnen their props...no matter how you got there you still beat the champ.

No doubt just don't bet on it Roy! LMFAO

I would not bet if they were facing the true #2's as well, but Sonnen and Diaz, you'd LOL if you knew what I did do get some extra $$ down right away on JBJ. Business is one thing, $$ in the bank is another!

Lazer MMA - 
Lazer MMA - 

They are putting the best fighters on Fox and letting them bang, bro. The Fox cards so far have been full of super legit title fights and #1 contender matches.

That has nothing to do with them putting Jones-Sonnen and Diaz-GSP on PPV.

Nope not quite there at all boss. They blundered by failing to put on the entire card (which was HUGE)but this only happened with JDS VS Cain IMO. The best are the best, poor post IMO. Now I'm not saying I did not like the cards, hell I think FUEL cards kick ass like a motherfu(*@r but we are real fans. I'm saying to get AS, Hendo, Aldo, JDS, Bendo ext on fox. Gamble to get your product to explode and it maybe will. Hell it has in Brazil, more $$$ in the US though.

Be legit, give the true number 1's there do. Don't be penny wise and pound foolish.

BTW I am in favor of across the board random testing too. To me that is also a must.

You'll get no argument from me on some of this. They should have broadcast a full card for the first event. And I also like the Fuel and FX cards but you have to admit those mostly feature the "B-squad" type fighters. This has not been the case with the Fox cards.

So far there have been 5 events on Fox. This included 2 title fights, 4 top contender matches which directly resulted in title shots, and about 10 other elite-level contender fights.

The upcoming event is no different: it has a legitimate FLW title fight, a legit top contender bout that is virtually guaranteed to get the next title shot, another possible top contender fight, and a legend vs hot prospect, "passing of the torch" type fight.

And not a single "Sonnen-Jones" type fight.

So you really can't complain about the quality of Fox cards this year, no one can. They've been fucking excellent and as legitimate as it gets.

And if you are suggesting they put EVERY SINGLE title / top contender fight on Fox, that's just not realistic unless Fox has at least 12-15 shows a year and there is no more PPV.

As for testing... that's neither here nor there. I say legalize it all, but if testing can somehow help reduce all these injuries then I'm all for it.

Like I said "Gamble to get your product to explode and it maybe will", "Get AS, Hendo, Aldo, JDS, Bendo ext on fox." "The best chance to grow the sport is to put the best fighters on FOX and let them fight." BTW that MEANS the TRUE #1's!

It's not an injury issue but an across the board legitimacy issue yet again Aced,. With random testing fighters won't come and say, one after the other that 80 percent of fighters are on the 'real' juice (the last one being Stun Gun). Random testing is also a must.