UFC HBO deal signed

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=3796&zoneid=2

Deal signed according to Dana. HBO production team and HBO announcers (no Rogan or Goldberg).

Boo!

throws a chair for having an "HBO announcing team" that knows NOTHING about MMA!

i'll check it out...

fuck.... might have to get HBO now...

From the article:

"UFC doesn't want to give up its control of the product, wants its own crew to film it, and wants to use its own announcers, who are closer to pro wrestling announcers whose role is to build up the product as opposed to providing detached, objective commentary."

Detached , objective commentary on HBO is only a dream. The team they use now are very biased.  Watch Showtime Championship Boxing if you truly want  detached, objective commentary.

MMA Commentary will be a new game for HBO. I'm sure they will hire somebody like Frank Trigg

It smells awful.

But UFC in HBOHD, awesome.

Larry Merchant being a trainwreck is half the fun of watching HBO Boxing.

If it's on HBO then they will want it to success. They're smarter than to hire people who don't know abou the sport (re. Lampley/Merchant). I sure wouldn't mind seeing Kellerman on there.

"But UFC in HBOHD, awesome."

Precisely.

"fuck.... might have to get HBO now..."

The only reason I have HBO is to watch The Sopranos, but now I have a reason to keep it after this final season is over. And to MikeD who said he wouldn't mind seeing Max Kellerman commentate, I like that idea even if it's only for the HBO shows. Kellerman is a good personality and seems open to MMA from what I've heard. I say throw him in the MMA grinder and get him up to speed as quickly as possible on the MMA game. For God's sake keep Rogan though, he's a company staple.

Deal is NOT signed. Dana specifically said he's confident, will happen, and it's NOT signed.

"Deal is NOT signed. Dana specifically said he's confident, will happen, and it's NOT signed."

From the MMAweekly story: When asked by a reporter if the HBO deal is "signed, sealed, and delivered," White said, "Yes." When asked if the deal should be reported as official, White said, "Yeah. We will be on HBO this summer."

So what will air on HBO? Will it be a spike tv fight night equivalent or are they planning to do ppv style shows with big fights (crocop, gsp etc)? i'm in the uk so not really sure about all this but curious to know.

With the HBO production, I'm confident we won't see tons of commercials and plugs for movies, Xyience, and other crap. Maybe just some future HBO programming

"Deal is NOT signed. Dana specifically said he's confident, will happen, and it's NOT signed."

From the MMAweekly story: When asked by a reporter if the HBO deal is "signed, sealed, and delivered," White said, "Yes." When asked if the deal should be reported as official, White said, "Yeah. We will be on HBO this summer."

Dana never said the deal was signed.

He said "hell no" regarding the question of Jim " the girlfriend beater" Lampley being part of the broadcast team too.

BEST THERE IS,BEST THERE WAS,BEST THERE EVER WILL BE!

NO ROGAN=NO RDUK

With Spike and PPV, what does HBO add?

Given their negative attitude toward MMA and the fact that upper mgmt is forcing this on the sports division, they just might not have their heart in this one. It might not be very good because they secretly want it to fail.

"With Spike and PPV, what does HBO add?
Given their negative attitude toward MMA and the fact that upper mgmt is forcing this on the sports division, they just might not have their heart in this one. It might not be very good because they secretly want it to fail."

The main thing is that HBO adds a bigger audience. Who cares what the management at HBO thinks about MMA? The fans are going to being watching it and that's what matters. If they try to sabotage the UFC by putting on a horrible show then they can expect a big backlash. People would drop their subscriptions and their rep would be ruined. They should get used to the fact that MMA is the modern day gladiator sport and help expand it.