UFC Heavyweights That Can Beat Lesnar?

"Don't you know what Werdum, Nogueira and Mir will try to do as well? At least with Brock (or any strong wrestler) he is more able to control where the fight takes place and thus who will be able to try what."

Yes, more or less, but I think Noguiera is more dangerous on his feet than the other two and I also think that Brock would end up in their guard; he wouldn't be able to control them the way that he was able to control Herring.

He does look pretty good w/ so little training but two thoughts: (1) Who knows how well-rounded he will become? Maybe, like Kerr and Coleman, he won't ever adapt fully to the MMA game. I'm just not sure why you're so convinced that he'll improve by leaps and bounds. (2) He looked much better against Herring because he matches up so much better w/ Herring than w/ Mir.

Gonzaga, Werdum, Nog.. and Mir did already.

To put things in perspective a little bit, there are a few guys who come to mind. I think Brock's got a ton of potential, but let's be honest. He was leaving limbs all over the place and a more experienced BJJ practitioner likely would've caught him. I think Nogueira would beat him and I think Werdum would have a great shot. Other than that, it's tough to say.

I think the people saying Shane Carwin are really onto something. Another massive, powerful guy with great wrestling skills, but he's got a lot more experience than Brock as well. I don't think he has the ceiling Lesnar has, but at this point I think he'd have a great chance. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll see this fight happen as the company has too much to lose. Lesnar's next fight has to be against another "name" fighter. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we see him matched up with Gonzaga or Kongo.

There's every reason to believe that Lesnar's submission game will improve.

He's been training with Comprido.

sub guys will catch brock, the rest will get bashed

^ What about great strikers with good takedown defense? Like say CroCop (in his MMA prime)??

what???

Kostakio -  ^ What about great strikers with good takedown defense? Like say CroCop (in his MMA prime)??

Yeah but how many guys are there that fit the bill these days?  Obviously not CroCop since you had to add the prime part.   

Too bad the UFC got rid of Arlovski. :(

Cain, Carwin, Nog, Mir, Gonzaga and Werdum would all give him serious probs.

He would steamroll the rest imo.

I posted Gonzaga b4. I forgot to mention Fabricio Werdum, and of course Big Nog.

Its unfair to say Lesnar simply 'layed and prayed'.

Herring just turtled up and refused to do anything. He used the rules to his advantage (no striking to the back of head/neck/spine) and complained at times to try to get a strandup.

Fighting takes 2 people.

Well Herring couldn't get up. If he could have he would have.

lol@ Kongo and Sanchez

JakeTyler - Vera's jiu-jitsu is too good for Brock and his wrestling is good enough to avoid at least some takedowns, and his striking is way better. How would Brock win?

He would take him down and pummel the shit out of him. LMAO at Vera stopping any of Brock's takedowns. Brock is bigger, stronger, faster, and has much better wrestling.

JakeTyler - Vera's jiu-jitsu is too good for Brock and his wrestling is good enough to avoid at least some takedowns, and his striking is way better. How would Brock win?

He would take him down and pummel the shit out of him. LMAO at Vera stopping any of Brock's takedowns. Brock is bigger, stronger, faster, and has much better wrestling.

I agreed the first time, now you just have me confused^^^

werdum and nog for sure, but thats about it

Ryan MacLeod - I'm not one to claim Brock as a god send to the sport.. but there's some names on your list that are just ridiculous. Eddie Sanchez? lmao What would he offer that Herring can't? More sloppy/wild punching power?
If you're referring to MY (initial) post, then I think you misunderstood my intent. I was just listing all of the UFC heavyweights minus fighters that have been cut (i.e. Arlovski, Sylvia, etc.) and Herring/Lesnar.