UFC LW title picture

Can Arman cut that much? He carries tons of muscle but makes it work

1 Like

I would not mind a Dariush vs Oliveira #1 contenders fight to fight the winner of Makhachev vs Volkanovski.

Yes Oliveira just lost but he is also still 11-1 in his last 12 and has wins over three of the top 5.

Fiziev vs Gaethje would make sense right now.

Hopeful its a great year for the division.

I’m sure #15 Dawson and #14 Dober are grateful that UFC finally got Tony and Conor the fuck out of the top 15 rankings, better late than never I guess.

3 Likes

Sometimes I think Zuba the Chechen is only in this thing because he wants to ride with Khabib’s crew and is not really overly optimistic about his own career. He’s fun fighter and sensational dancer but he’s not champ material and he knows it. His commitment is questionable.

He’s a lover not a fighter.

RIZIN SPOILER…

Huge win for McKee last night over RIZIN LW champ, Souza. He is now 20-1 in MMA and 2-0 at LW. Glad to hear him say in a pre-fight interview he does want to compete in the LW GP (someone on the UG had their doubts). Rabadanov won as well but since AKA/Eagles MMA will already have the Bellator champ Usman in the GP… its doubtful Rabadanov is gonna be getting a spot.

2 Likes
1 Like

6:30 the Boss handles it like it’s nothing. Not surprising considering who it is, but still cool.

I read it was -27 in the mountains where Islam was.

I’m just not sure how much worse that is than going in water when its say 20 degrees, I’ve done that.

Don’t ever want to try -27, I’ll say that.

Khabib still trying to outdo Islam swimming upstream in the freezing cold.

“Life is short”

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnMCLgnBOrx/?hl=en

2 Likes

This is exactly the fight I’ve hoped for. Dariush vs Oliveira. Thats one side of the bracket. Makhachev vs Volk is the other side.

Dariush on an 8-0 streak, Charles 11-1 in his last 12, Makhachev 11-0, Volk on a 22-0 streak but moving up in weight.

Thats a sick tourny right there with two great title fights no matter what.

Meanwhile over in Bellator the GP has also been booked to start in March.
Champ Usman vs Benson is the first title fight in the tourny. Mustafaev vs Shabliy also announced.

Then Patricky, Outlaw, Barnaoui and McKee also announced for the tourny but not matchups yet.

Gonna be one hell of a year at LW.

3 Likes

Just read Barnaoui vs Outlaw on May 12th is the co-main event of Bellator Paris with Mousasi vs Edwards headlining so that leaves McKee vs Pitbull as the final LW GP fight.

Have to assume the Usman and Mustafaev fights are one side of the bracket and the Barnaoui and McKee fights are the other side but who knows as apparently Bellator is weird and has not released the bracket or when the McKee fight takes place.

Having quarter final fights of a GP spread out two months apart is dumb and defeats some of the appeal of tournaments. I get that they want Barnaoui on the Paris card but come on Bellator, you are doing one tournament a year, do it right.

1 Like

2 Likes

Regarding Charles v. Beneil

As a fight fan, of course I love this fight. But as a fan of the LW division specifically, I hate this fight. Because I don’t want either guy to lose. I would have rather let BD wait for the winner of Islam/Volk, and give Charles a longer rest. Because he was very active and was in wars lately

2 Likes
3 Likes

Old School Yes GIF

1 Like

Fiziev by brutal KO

1 Like

Terrible, terrible matchup for Gaethje lol This is essentially his walking papers out of the top 5

Dead Man Walking GIFs | Tenor

To give ya an idea of how hard it is to hang on to a title at LW or walk away while champ like GSP and Khabib did…

There are 18 former UFC/Bellator/ONE/PFL LW champs in the fightmatrix LW and WW rankings at the moment. Former, thats not counting the 4 current champs.

15 of them are in the top 100 LW’s or top 100 WW’s. 3 of them are outside the top 100 and one is even ranked 320 now at WW.

Martin Nguyen was once the ONE LW/FW double champ and he even went all the way down to 135 lbs and came up short, losing a split decision to Bibiano in his bid to capture a 3rd title in 2018. One judge away from being the only Triple champ in UFC/Bellator/ONE history and now ranked 170th in the world at LW.