UFC LW title picture

Today at ACA…

Arman and Damir are both killers.

Kind of fucked up the UFC is making their best LW prospects fight eachother and all these old rank squatters get to be so choosey.

It’s almost like two different divisions at LW with most of the top talent not even in the top 5.

Side note: I can’t stand how Anik calls 155 “the glamour division” :face_with_hand_over_mouth: what a try hard faggy idea to push.

Its been pretty obvious UFC had to pit Tsarukyan, Ismagulov, Makhachev, Gamrot, Kutateladze and Moises against one another on their way up the ranks so they could let Conor, Dustin, Tony, Chandler, Gaethje etc… stay right there as the only title picture fans though about.

Hence why Conor got a LW title fight after going 1-1 vs Diaz in another weight class, Chandler got a title shot for going 1-0 in UFC, Gaethje got a title shot after going 3-2 in the UFC and got a 3nd title shot after going 1-0 after he lost his 2nd title shot but Islam had to go 10-0 to get his title shot, Charles had to go 8-0, Khabib had to go 9-0, Dariush is 8-0 and won’t get a title shot without going 9-0 or maybe even 10-0.

Its very obvious who UFC wants to get a crack at the title by the road the fighter must travel within the promotion to get to their title fight.

Dennis Siver is available!

These are the fights we have seen already plus what is booked with weekend.
Tsarukyan vs Makhachev
Tsarukyan vs Gamrot
Tsarukyan vs Ismagulov
Gamrot vs Kutateladze
Ismagulov vs Kutateladze
Moises vs Makhachev
Moises vs Ismagulov

2 Likes

Not only did Tsarukyan fight Makhachev in his UFC debut but he fought the 2022 PFL champ Aubin-Mercier in his 2nd UFC fight. In his past three fights he fought 19-2 Joel Alvarez, 20-1 Gamrot and 24-1 Ismagulov.

On top of that he fought 8-1-1 Frevola, 10-3 Davi Ramos and 19-8 Giagos.

Though 6-2 in those fights some think he should be 7-1 with the one loss being FOTN in his debut.

Whats why I don’t really give a shit about the UFC “top 10” or when fans say “he needs to beat two top 5 fighters to get a title shot!”.

No a fighter does not. The top 10 and top 5 are often bullshit in UFC rankings. We watched Conor and Tony get to stay there forever without winning and sometimes without competing. Fuck those rankings, #1 bullshit.

Gonna be real fun seeing this title picture going forward with Islam, Volk, Dariush, Poirier, Tsarukyan, Oliveira, Fiziev etc…

Happy to see Dober beat Green the way he did to prove he is the baddest gatekeeper on the planet. Since 2016, only 2022 PFL champ Aubin-Mercer, Dariush, Makhachev and Riddell have beat Dober. Other than that he went 11-0 in the UFC and the majority of those wins have been KOs because he hits like a truck and has not been KOed after a decade in the UFC so he is gonna be in your face the whole time. You better submit him or pray to the MMA Gods to save you. Been a Dober fan forever.

2 Likes

Arman was definitely impressive last night. Isn’t Rafael Fiziev still looking for a fight? That’s one to be made

1 Like

Since Fiziev is coming off the RDA win it is possible we see them try to book Dariush vs Fiziev for the next title challenger. I don’t know, its a complicated title picture just with Makhachev, Oliveira, Dariush, Fiziev, Dustin, Tsarukyan etc… and now they threw Volkanovski in there.

I’m really hopeful the UFC MW division is great in 2023 and it feels like thats gonna be the 2nd most exciting division of 2023 after the UFC LW division. In my mind the Bellator LW GP is just like a bonus in terms of entertainment though I don’t expect many good shows from the promotion as a whole next year. I just want them to stack that Fedor and Yoel Romero card on CBS.

1 Like

Volko is gonna take his beating and go back to his hood where he belongs.

Dariush deserves the next shot.

He kills Fiziev, Dustin or Oliveira. Arman could be trouble.

His last 3 fights have been decisions but he’s supposed to kill guys that would be a major step up?
I Dont Think So No Way GIF

2 Likes

sucks that the “main stay” guys in the top ten like Dustin, Justin, Tony, Conor, etc. seem so unwilling to fight guys like that over the past few years. It’s not just a LW thing but feels like it’s the worst division for it with that many of them hanging around because of their names not their current talent or ability to beat others ranked below them

Personally I’d like to see Tsurukyan vs Poirier and Turner vs Gaethje, give the up and comers the shot they deserve. Hope they make the Dariush-Fiz title eliminator like you mentioned as well. That’s a good fight

1 Like

He Decisioned barely Top 10 ranked Gamrot (#10?)

To think he kills any of those three when he hasn’t “killed” anyone of importance is #1 retard.

1 Like

2 Likes

Volk instils a lot of confidence when he speaks because he’s a great fighter and he walks the walk, but every time I think of this fight the same thought pops into my mind, ‘he still won’t be able to stop the takedown and almost got subbed by Ortega. Game over’

I got Islam by Sub but I think it’ll be competitive in the beginning. I see him lasting longer than Charles and doing better on his feet

2 Likes

I already got money on Islam at -300 , will pour more if it the line gets even better.

1 Like

I see Tukhugov is moving up to LW. Fights Joel Alvarez on the Makhachev card.

Tukhogov has been in the UFC nine years but you would never know it as he is only 5-2-1 and not a big finisher so his fights don’t stand out. Both his losses were split decisions and so was one of his wins.

He has had almost as many canceled UFC fights as fights, 7 canceled fights, 8 fights in nine years.

Good competitor but I highly doubt UFC would have him under contract if he was not an AKA/Eagles fighter.

1 Like

Id like to see dariush get a crack at the title. Hes got good wins and is on a streak. He does have two horrible ko losses to barboza and alex fukn hernandez but he rebounded and is a much better fighter than i thought. He handled Gamrot. It was impressive. Granted its the inly time ive been impressed with him but it was a real eye opener. Dude is legit.

Dariush needs a number one contender fight for his next fight. Hes earned it.

2 Likes

Dariush beats arman. Arman may need to drop to 145. Gamrot/arman was much closer than gamrot/dariush. And gamrot beat arman.

1 Like