UFC official confirms Iaquinta acting like novice

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/05/ufc-official-confirms-al-iaquinta-remains-on-bonus-ban-offers-conflicting-recounting-of-events

UFC official confirms Al Iaquinta remains on 'bonus ban,' offers conflicting recounting of events

“The stories he’s telling are not true,” the official told MMAjunkie. “The premise for his whole beef is not accurate, and I think he’s trying to justify the fact that he thinks he should still get bonuses.”

The official spoke on the condition of anonymity because he is not authorized to speak publicly on the matter.

MMAjunkie confirmed with UFC officials that the bout was the first of a three-fight stretch for Iaquinta in which he’s not eligible to receive a $50,000 fight-night award. The order is a result of three incidents

First, he destroyed a hotel room at MGM Grand in Las Vegas following a UFC 183 win over Joe Lauzon. In his next appearance, he cussed on national TV while addressing a belligerent crowd following a controversial split-decision win over Jorge Masvidal.

The final straw was no-showing a 2015 UFC fighter summit in Las Vegas. Iaquinta insisted he gave the company fair warning that he would not be attending, but UFC officials said that was not the case.

“His story about the summit, the part that he left out was that he never called us to tell us he didn’t get on the plane,” the UFC official told MMAjunkie. “He never called us to tell us not to send a car to the airport to pick him up. We had all these arrangements for the hotel. All these things were arranged, and he never bothered to call us to tell us he wasn’t coming, which I think would make anyone mad.

“We sent a car to the airport to pick him up, and he wasn’t there. He never called us to say, ‘I’m not coming.’ Not calling us, not telling us that he wasn’t going to show up, having to send a car to the airport to pick him up, literally, and him not being there – how immature is that? To not call and say, ‘I didn’t make the flight. I’m not coming.’ It’s immature.”

Iaquinta’s extended layoff was due in part to his frustration with the promotion and his contract, but a knee surgery also contributed to the time away from competition. It also contributed to complicating his relationship with his employers, with Iaquinta publicly proclaiming he had to “beg” the UFC to cover the cost of the procedure.

UFC brass contends that couldn’t be further from the truth.

“It was a chronic injury, and since it was a chronic injury and not something that happened while training or fighting for us, the insurance denied it,” a UFC official told MMAjunkie. “There were also a number of alternatives that could have been done that would have been covered, but Al insisted on using a specific surgeon back east. The UFC paid tens of thousands of dollars to cover that out of our pocket without any obligation to do so since it was a chronic injury, which means it happened over years and years and years.

“Mr. Iaquinta never once called the medical team or (UFC President) Dana (White) to say thank you. Instead, he talks about how he had to beg for it, which is not true. … We agreed to do it. We paid for it. The entire medical team assisted through his surgeon getting this done and getting it paid, and Al never once called anyone to thank them. Instead he goes out on the Internet and says he had to beg for it, which is absolutely, 100 percent false. That’s a lie.”

“Dana, (former UFC co-owner) Lorenzo (Feritta) and our team worked for weeks on this thing and were able to get him the surgery, and it was successful; instead of thanking us, he goes on the Internet and taunts Dana, who paid for it,” a UFC official said.”I think when Al learns to take responsibility for his actions, he’ll be a lot better off as a person.”

You bonus suspending me? I bonused my ass off, FUCK YOUUUU!

They should just cut him

Some jobs / companies aren't for everyone, they just don't click

"The official spoke on the condition of anonymity"

"...UFC official said."I think when Al learns to take responsibility for his actions, he'll be a lot better off as a person.""

Look forward to AI's reply

why would i believe anything if Dana is involved??

dude is a tosser.

BringBackGoldy - dude is a tosser.
Yeah but it's funny

Am I allowed to call a fighter an idiot? Or is that fighter bashing?

Uni man -

Don't worry he's an idiot hell of a fighter but ask like a 13-year-old immature boy

jTheHybridwolff -
Uni man -

Don't worry he's an idiot hell of a fighter but ask like a 13-year-old immature boy

Great spelling asshole.

Its a shame he has the iq of a potato because Al is a great fighter. I understand not seeing eye to eye with the ufc but he is handling this like a 14 year old.

Shanebone -
jTheHybridwolff -
Uni man -

Great spelling asshole.

Yeah talk to text is a bitch sometimes.

Glad a intellectual scholar like yourself is present to correct me ..

jTheHybridwolff -
Shanebone -
jTheHybridwolff -
Uni man -

Great spelling asshole.

Yeah talk to text is a bitch sometimes.

Glad a intellectual scholar like yourself is present to correct me ..

Or at least call me an asshole !

very few fighters in the ufc have ever come close to this level of open contempt for the management. it's great that he is putting them under pressure - and it's fucking hilarious when he goes off on one

I doubt his bevaior will be rewarded.  My guess is that they make him sit for a long time without a fight.   

UFC is fucking embarrassing at this point. I'm 100% in agreement with Al. Acting like him wanting a good doctor and thinking the UFC should pay for his surgery is out of line, I mean what the fuck. A 4 billion dollar company can't shell out 60k for a top fighter to heal properly? Fucking absolute nonsense. I would smack the shit outta these fat housecat UFC officials. I'll guarantee the majority of them haven't trained a day in their lives. 

Keep up lords work al!

he is not the only one bashing the UFC, there are other way high level, Diaz, Rockhold, Werdum etc

ISuckedConorsLuckyCharm -

UFC is fucking embarrassing at this point. I'm 100% in agreement with Al. Acting like him wanting a good doctor and thinking the UFC should pay for his surgery is out of line, I mean what the fuck. A 4 billion dollar company can't shell out 60k for a top fighter to heal properly? Fucking absolute nonsense. I would smack the shit outta these fat housecat UFC officials. I'll guarantee the majority of them haven't trained a day in their lives. 

It's sad that I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not anymore with mma fans.