UFC on ESPN 12 results & discussion

![](upload://imeOlxpx45FLRAtcr6kDZdzesvr.jpeg)

UFC on ESPN 12 took place Saturday June 27th from the APEX Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Main Card (Live on ESPN/ESPN+, 8:00 PM EST)

-Dustin Poirier defeated Dan Hooker by Unanimous Decision (48-47, 48-47, 48-46)
-Mike Perry defeated Mickey Gall by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
-Maurice Greene defeated Gian Villante by Submission (Arm Triangle, Round 3, 3:44)
-Brendan Allen defeated Kyle Daukaus by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-27, 30-27)
-Takashi Sato defeated Jason Witt by KO (Punches, Round 1, 0:48)
-Julian Erosa defeated Sean Woodson by Submission (D’Arce Choke, Round 3, 2:44)

Preliminary Bouts (Live on ESPN/ESPN+, 6:00 PM EST)

-Khama Worthy defeated Luis Pena by Submission (Guillotine Choke, Round 2, 2:53)
-Tanner Boser defeated Philipe Lins by KO (Punches, Round 1, 2:41)
-Kay Hansen defeated Jinh Yu Frey by Submission (Armbar, Round 3, 2:26)
-Youssef Zalal defeated Jordan Griffin by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

2 Likes

So I don't understand, is this on the ESPN+ app, or do you have to have cable ESPN? Fuck the ufc for making this so retarded

3 Likes

I just assumed the / meant both.  

PartsGuy -

I just assumed the / meant both.  

According to a couple of other sites, you are correct. 

Plenty of fighters on this card who don't trust judges. It has the potential to be a really fun card, even if it's a bit light on relevance in terms of rankings, future title shots, or even name recognition. 

Here are some of the fighters who finish 70% or more of their fights (70% is my threshold for giving a card a Just Bleed Potential thumbs-up):

• Poirier - 76%
  • Hooker - 85%
  • Gall - 83%
  • Perry - 85%
  • Daukaus - 89% (he's a new guy)
  • Allen - 93%
  • Villante - 71%
  • Greene - 75%
  • Hansen - 83% (chick fight)
  • Pena - 75%
  • Worthy - 73%
  • Lins - 86%
  • Griffin - 78%
  • Zalal - 88%
  • Brahimaj - 100%
  • Sato - 80%

Let 'em bang, bro.

2 Likes

Hooker looks like he's taking a dump on that promo pic

1 Like
Tug Dabone -

Plenty of fighters on this card who don't trust judges. It has the potential to be a really fun card, even if it's a bit light on relevance in terms of rankings, future title shots, or even name recognition. 

Here are some of the fighters who finish 70% or more of their fights (70% is my threshold for giving a card a Just Bleed Potential thumbs-up):

• Poirier - 76%
  • Hooker - 85%
  • Gall - 83%
  • Perry - 85%
  • Daukaus - 89% (he's a new guy)
  • Allen - 93%
  • Villante - 71%
  • Greene - 75%
  • Hansen - 83% (chick fight)
  • Pena - 75%
  • Worthy - 73%
  • Lins - 86%
  • Griffin - 78%
  • Zalal - 88%
  • Brahimaj - 100%
  • Sato - 80%

Let 'em bang, bro.

So can the "jbp"% be the average of all those #s? Thatd be fresh !

1 Like
Non N00B -

So I don't understand, is this on the ESPN+ app, or do you have to have cable ESPN? Fuck the ufc for making this so retarded

It says ESPN/ESPN+ which means it will be on both ESPN and ESPN+. 

Another shit card

1 Like

Puts shit on like this but won't bring Paul Daley back. Fuck me ya bald fake prick!!!

idsmashit - 

Another shit card

It’s not a PPV, and Covid prevents a lot of foreign fighters from flying in to compete.

It was a PPV, I’d never buy it. But we have to give UFC some leeway here with the circumstances and the fact it’s free.

2 Likes
idsmashit -

Puts shit on like this but won't bring Paul Daley back. Fuck me ya bald fake prick!!!

Paul Daley sucks fat dirty cock, as do you lol im guessing you're not a combat sports fan, just love looking at Paul Daleys cup!

Sprawl'n'Stall - 
idsmashit - 

Another shit card

It’s not a PPV, and Covid prevents a lot of foreign fighters from flying in to compete.

It was a PPV, I’d never buy it. But we have to give UFC some leeway here with the circumstances and the fact it’s free.

it is not FREE!

1 Like
idsmashit -

Another shit card

Well there could be just no cards at all . So take what you can get at this time 

colubrid1 -
Sprawl'n'Stall - 
idsmashit - 

Another shit card

it is not FREE!

Its on ESPN. 

Jesus.

Once upon a time MMA was a mail order VHS and you were grateful for every minute.

There's a pandemic going on. We're lucky to have a card and it's always good to follow what the rest of the league is up to. You don't just hit headline, unless you're Brock. Let's see if there's any promise in here.

1 Like
ILKR -

Jesus.

Once upon a time MMA was a mail order VHS and you were grateful for every minute.

There's a pandemic going on. We're lucky to have a card and it's always good to follow what the rest of the league is up to. You don't just hit headline, unless you're Brock. Let's see if there's any promise in here.

Agreed 100%.  There hasn't been a single pandemic card that hasn't had one or more awesome fights.

The problem isnt the cards,  it's the so-called "fans" that now make up a certain majority of the viewership who only really care about the stupid Twitter bullshit or what dumb comment Conor McGregor made.

Good fights are good fights.  That's what makes MMA awesome.   Any given fight on any given card can be an instant >

We don't need better cards, we need better fans.

1 Like
WaltJ -
ILKR -

Jesus.

Agreed 100%.  There hasn't been a single pandemic card that hasn't had one or more awesome fights.

The problem isnt the cards,  it's the so-called "fans" that now make up a certain majority of the viewership who only really care about the stupid Twitter bullshit or what dumb comment Conor McGregor made.

Good fights are good fights.  That's what makes MMA awesome.   Any given fight on any given card can be an instant >

Pandemic cards have been amazing for the most part. 

1 Like
ILKR -

Jesus.

Vtfu 

That on top of a new generation of fighters coming in I can't even keep track of.

1 Like
Flexo -
WaltJ -
ILKR -

Jesus.

Pandemic cards have been amazing for the most part. 

Personally, I love this shit.  I work in business for a living, so I totally get why we need the Conors and Rondas and Lesnars.  Those are the super cards that do the box office.  No arguement there for me.

That said, I love the "no name" cards where you get dudes like Emmett, Burgos, Burns.  Straight up dogs.   No glamour, no real fanfare to speak of.  Other than watching non-UFC, that's the closest I see getting back to what I enjoyed most about the sport- the fights themselves.   Not who could score more points or make the wittier tweet or who could hold out for the best payday.

Cool to watch up and comers and then in the main events, champions like Woodley and Ferguson still holding their ground.

And of course......the scintillating WMMA matchups that have all of us glued to our seats.