MMA Underground Forums

UFC pulls horrible ratings last night

3 Sided Square -  Umm, are those ratings for the FightMaster show that moved to Thursday? If so you need to compare it to TUF which beat it by 200K+, and even with the move it only beat the fights by 19k.

Had that finale been on Wednesday, against Duck Dynasty it wouldn't even be close.

A 2nd rate MMA organization's show beat out the main card of a fox fight. TUF beating it by 200 000 is still quite close knowing that people have been saying UFC is so far ahead it cant be touched and that Bellator is so much more worse and should just be a feeder league.

Imagine the NFL and CFL being this close to another in ratings.

Bellators last fight card was Bellator 97 on Wednesday night and it did 676,000

News flash , people don't watch girls in sports. Please see every other women's sport that pulls no ratings or fans. They can say its ground breaking all they want , fact is a lot of guys and girls don't want to watch women compete in sports. I think they would be better off putting Snooki in as a coach. Phone Post 3.0

Ch1ef - 

I've never met anyone with a Nielsen box. Ever. Phone Post

Ding Ding Ding

IhaveDSL'SforPettis - It had nothing to do with a Wednesday night or anything, come on now you nooblets.

If it was a Saturday and the channel was established they would have done much better Phone Post 3.0

if, if, if....if ,y aunt had a cock, she'd be my uncle.

epwar - 

I'm still laughing at MMALOGIC's enthusiasm two weeks ago where he said in a thread "chestbumps everyone!"  Such an optimistic young lad.

I said it last week after the other FS1 card, go back and read the ratings thread from the first show, its very funny now

I always thought it was a big mistake to move TUF off of FX. I don't think it's what the UFC wanted either, but it was FOX's decision. It's nice to have all the UFC's content under one roof, but putting TUF on FX gave them access to the kind of casual audience that's going to be totally bypassed now they are on FS1.

It's a real shame because Rousey Vs Tate would have been a great season to have on FX.

lookoutawhale - 

Fightmaster/Bellator Finale Ratings

5 days ago

MMALOGIC Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

558k viewers

that doesnt look too shabby now. When, what people believe is 2nd rate feeder league, beats the mma leader that has been around for much longer.

you cant put shit next to shit and say one pile of shit doesnt smell so bad now...

spike has an average audience of around 800k viewers.  you have to pull around 800k just to tread water and keep up with the rest of the programming.  FS1 has an average audience of around 160k. 

ufc unleashed used to pull a million viewers on spike.    if you placed bellator on fs1 it would barely pull 200k viewers.

They marketed the hell out if this too. On all the fox football shows too.

Well I still hope to see meisha naked though. Phone Post 3.0

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - 

Well it wasn't a particularly strong card, and it was on a Wednesday night. I personally couldn't watch it live, because I was at work. Tuf started at 6pm, that the exact time I get off work. I had to rush home, just to catch tuf. Phone Post

depends where you are for me it was 10 pm at night

Well that's no good. Oh well, that's what happens when you have so many events in such a small span. The card was good too, so that's sad.

Ch1ef - 

My parents had one. RAI and Soccer must have got a bump for the time the had it

Bobby Lupo - 
Ch1ef - 

How does it actually work? 

lookoutawhale -
3 Sided Square -  Umm, are those ratings for the FightMaster show that moved to Thursday? If so you need to compare it to TUF which beat it by 200K+, and even with the move it only beat the fights by 19k.

Had that finale been on Wednesday, against Duck Dynasty it wouldn't even be close.

A 2nd rate MMA organization's show beat out the main card of a fox fight. TUF beating it by 200 000 is still quite close knowing that people have been saying UFC is so far ahead it cant be touched and that Bellator is so much more worse and should just be a feeder league.

Imagine the NFL and CFL being this close to another in ratings.

I don't consider this a "Fox card". It less significant than a fx card. Phone Post

Chris27 - 
Bobby Lupo - 
Ch1ef - 

How does it actually work? 

Some dudebro came to their house, asked a few questions, signed them up, and IIRC they got paid for it. They must have or they wouldn't have done it, and they plug a contraption that looks like the old cable black boxes into your TV

time to ride the sport till the wheels fall off.  then everyone can be happy.

There has been a crazy amount of fights lately. I'm not complaining.

People watch all over the world. Don't pay attention to U.S. ratings.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2223067&page=1

Looking to see how many people on an MMA forum are actually Nielsen contributors. Ratings ARE NOT reflective of how many people are actually watching a show. There are like 20,000 households sampled in a country of over 300 million people.

The Chits - Yeah this shouldn't be all that surprising. The card was awful on paper and in reality.

Are you stupid? Sure the prelims had 3 decisions but the only real bad fight was the first one, and the others were mildly entertaining. Now the main card was awesome.

Glover gets a come from behind KO win after being rocked. Jacare DEMOLISHES Okami in the first round, and Benavidez does the same to Formiga. Both fights had awesome finishes. Hallman-Trinaldo was another come from behind win after Hallman was rocked early, he came back and got a sub in the 2nd round. Natal-Troeng was a very entertaining fight, with lots of back forth action on the ground and a couple near finishes. Then to top that off, we had a great debut from an interesting Russian FLW with KO victory.

Prelims were meh, but to say the main card was awful is just idiotic.

json123 - Those numbers would be considered terrible if on other more established networks. However, aren't these numbers some of the best for FS1 in its short time so far?

the tuf number beat every college football game on fs1 last week.  I believe the best college football game last week pulled 711k viewers.  This isnt a disaster for fs1 as it is for zuffa.

You cant sell ppv's, tickets and merchandise if you're audience dwindles away.

The tuf numbers arent good but they arent disasterous yet.  if it drops and settles around 600k it will be.  if it stays around 800k it's not great but at this point it's all you can ask for.

The prelims were also fine... last week the prelim numbers were 100k on fs2.  so 270k is good for zuffa on a midday showing.where the exposure for the prelims tripled.  that's about the only good news for zuffa.

The numbers for the main card is what's concerning here (539k)...  and the fact that the audience for the UFC on fs1 isnt increasing 3 weeks in... it's decreasing.