UFC selling mega-wolf tickets on Weidman

plain as day this is irresponsible hype

He's going to get Leben'd.. you heard it here first... like 45 sec ko

Tebow Worships Satan - I downloaded Weidman's last 5 fights and just finished watching 4 of them.

This kid isn't beating Anderson Silva. He's okay, but they're trying to hype him up to be the Gennady Golovkin of the UFC and he definitely isn't I don't understand the hype around him at all. I'm glad I got to see the fights before I saw that commercial because if I didn't I would of probably ordered the show.

lol did the same....... he's toast

I think Weidman is for real. Gonna be a helluva fight I reckon. Weidman might actually win, Ando is 38 years old now, remember.

Weidman is better version of Chael Sonnen but i still don't see how he can beat Silva for five rounds. I think he won't get TKO or sub so that means he needs to survive with Silva for five rounds and still do enough for decision.

I doubt he is capable of that. Silva by 4th rd KO!

Megatherium - I think Weidman is for real. Gonna be a helluva fight I reckon. Weidman might actually win, Ando is 38 years old now, remember.
Silva being 38 years old doesn't mean shit, it is clearly not a factor in the fight he has shown no signs of slowing down. That dude is light years ahead of people skills wise. His physical intelligence is outstanding, being 38 really doesn't matter man. Phone Post 3.0

Tebow Worships Satan - I downloaded Weidman's last 5 fights and just finished watching 4 of them.

This kid isn't beating Anderson Silva. He's okay, but they're trying to hype him up to be the Gennady Golovkin of the UFC and he definitely isn't I don't understand the hype around him at all. I'm glad I got to see the fights before I saw that commercial because if I didn't I would of probably ordered the show.
I started a thread saying the same thing. Phone Post 3.0

inf0 -

plain as day this is irresponsible hype

It's not the UFC. It's stupid fucking Anderson haters/ Weidman fans. Anyone with a brain knows this kid is way, way, way in over his head. The arrogance and shit talking is just going to make it all worse. Anderson doesn't lose in the UFC and that's a fact people need to learn. Fact= not arguable idiots Phone Post 3.0

Darth_Vladar - 
Megatherium - I think Weidman is for real. Gonna be a helluva fight I reckon. Weidman might actually win, Ando is 38 years old now, remember.
Silva being 38 years old doesn't mean shit, it is clearly not a factor in the fight he has shown no signs of slowing down. That dude is light years ahead of people skills wise. His physical intelligence is outstanding, being 38 really doesn't matter man. Phone Post 3.0

being 38 most definitely matters. It is very likely that Anderson is not going to go out gracefully. Great chance that he is going to go out like top-flight strikers before him, taking beatings against opponents that wouldn't have had a chance against him during his prime years.

Elite strikers look good, until they don't. They age overnight, because 1/2 step lost is the difference between slipping a punch and a brutal KO, and the difference between crushing a jaw and getting nothing but air.

mose - 
Darth_Vladar - 

being 38 most definitely matters. It is very likely that Anderson is not going to go out gracefully. Great chance that he is going to go out like top-flight strikers before him, taking beatings against opponents that wouldn't have had a chance against him during his prime years.

Elite strikers look good, until they don't. They age overnight, because 1/2 step lost is the difference between slipping a punch and a brutal KO, and the difference between crushing a jaw and getting nothing but air.

Except Silva is about 3-steps ahead of nearly every opponent he has faced in the UFC.

Which means he could lose a 1/2-step and still whoop their ass Matrix-style.

inf0 - 

He's going to get Leben'd.. you heard it here first... like 45 sec ko

His wrestling is on a different universe than Leben's. I'm not saying he is winning, but he has a chance. If he gets the fight to the ground or can do that consistently, he has a chance at a judge's decision. He is not winning the standup. Weidman also hasn't fought for a long time and I gotta think that is a factor, too.

T Phone Post 3.0

I'm sure Weidman's strategy will be to trade punches just like Leben, Forrest and Vitor.

Nobody seems to be naming better challenges at MW for Anderson. Wrestling + BJJ + power is about as good as we can hope for.

Tebow Worships Satan - I downloaded Weidman's last 5 fights and just finished watching 4 of them.

Plus all the he's better then sonnen with subs lmao wolf fn tix at its best Phone Post 3.0

Rob San Soo - 

Plus all the he's better then sonnen with subs lmao wolf fn tix at its best Phone Post 3.0

ummmmm..do you know how many times sonnen has been subbed before? do you know that chris won adcc trials with less than a year of bjj traneing by subbing all his opponents including legit blackbelts? did you know he put close submissions on maia and galvao?

if you actually knew anything you would know that chris and sonnen are light years apart in terms of submission ability

Weidman is def one of the next starts at MW imo and has one of the most complete styles in the div so is a good stylistic challenge for Andy but i think he's a bit too green for the shot but the timing for the UFC is right. There is no one else, Weidman is a top contender and Andy isnt gonna be around or in top shape for that much longer.

I think Weidman maybe gets a td or 2, does ok on the ground, then Andy starts doing his hand riddum thing in 2 or 3 and Weidman goes down like everyone else.

Weidman knows how to get paid. Now we get to see him learn the stanky leg. Ill taking a sn bet on that. Phone Post

There's a surprising amount of level headed ness in this thread.

I thought I was alone in thinking weidman has a small chance but Anderson should destroy him.

ShawnTheBadger -
mose - 
Darth_Vladar - 

Except Silva is about 3-steps ahead of nearly every opponent he has faced in the UFC.

Which means he could lose a 1/2-step and still whoop their ass Matrix-style.

Silva has not slowed down at all, there are no signs of slowing down.

Also not all great strikers do, Anderson is a very intelligent fighter whereas many others are not. If he was a Wanderlei Silva or Chuck Liddell kind of guy, I'd agree with you. Anderson doesn't take a lot of punishment (don't be nit picky we've all seen him take it, but on the whole he doesn't) I'd compare him to Bernard Hopkins, he is also very old and is on top of the world due to him also being extremely intelligent. Phone Post 3.0

No way! Every single fighter in the UFC actually thinks Silva will lose! Anderson ducked him for a reason!

- Goku Phone Post