UFC Welterweight Title Picture

I don’t feel it’s as dire as Rob is making it out to be, but it’s tough to see Colby winning this. Khamzat will probably have him in trouble early on, and even if Colby survives the early onslaught, he’ll still probably lose the decision. Then again, who knows what happens when Khamzat is gassed in the later rounds and cardio Colby is relentlessly coming at him. We could see round 4 and 5 Khamzat crumble because his tank looks suspect and it’s uncharted territory for him.

Holland will probably be back at MW after Wonderboy. That fight seems like a one-off that has no real meaning in the division and is just for entertainment purposes.

Could be a 5 round co-main

Why the fuck wouldn’t you want this to be 5 rounds Vegito_Blue?

You pissed and moaned about Jorge ruining the ABC 5 round main event and now you dont want it?

Me thinks you’re a Khamzat sausage jockey and you know he would lose a 5 rounder

Whether it’s 3 rounds or 5 rounds I don’t really care. I just would love for it to be the Co-main event to Usman v Edwards 3. That would be awesome

Whether it’s 3 or 5 rounds I still pick Khamzat to win

And fyi they’re both in my top 5 favorite active fighters lol

1 Like

3 and 5 rounds for Colby and Khamzat is a huge difference. It’s like how they gifted O’Malley that 3 rounder which was his only chance. He still lost all three rounds in my eyes but with some help from the judges he got the W.

Khamzat wins a 3 rounder against Colby for sure, nearly a 100% lock. 5 rounds and Colby could make it interesting.

3 rounds or 5 Yan woulda won and did win lol

I don’t see Colby surviving long enough against Colby for the number of rounds to matter. I think Khamzat is on a different level in the grappling and submission departments

I don’t even think O’Malley would have survived 5 rounds against Yan and it would not have been left in the judges hands. Yan is a monster in the championship rounds and O’Malley has durability issues.

1 Like

Lisa Simpson Treehouse GIF by The Simpsons

I’m on your side here :thinking: 5 round Khamzat/Colby fight hoping for that upset. Shavkat is the chosen at WW anyway.

1 Like

Talking Yan vs OMalley :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

So he’s saying it’s competitive. Yes it is.

Let’s not start the Diaz thing with Yan where any time he loses a three round fight, we just say he would have turned it on in the fourth and fifth.

Let’s not pretend the O’Malley decision wasn’t considered highway robbery to nearly everyone who watched that fight.

Good for nearly everyone!

WW Conor

Shavkat looks to be very decent but we need to see him more active vs better comp. comparing him to Khamzat is funny as Khamzat is more active and fighting top guys now. This is likely the UFCs fault but they would be smart to get Shavkat more fights against better comp to promote him more

1 Like

The way Shavkat rolled through Magny was very impressive. He’ll be better than Khamzat. His fight iq and technique are top notch. He’s a smarter fighter and has better technique.

1 Like

Belal deserves a #1 contender fight against winner of Colby/Khamzat.

Winner of Shavkat/Neal should fight loser of Usman/Edwards

Loser of Colby/Khamzat should fight loser of Shavkat/Neal

2 Likes

Yeah the Magny fight was really impressive. I thought Neil was gonna push him because he’s a tough out for everyone. Shavkat walked through him.