unusual submissions

"I can't tell exactly how Imanari finsihed Mike Brown in that clip"

Funny someone mentioned this just 5 posts above mine. Ironically, My first grappling event EVER was against Mike Brown in the NAGA N.E. Regional Championships. I remember thinking half way through the match "This guys is my first fight? I drove 6 hours for this??? (there was a blizzard and most roads were cut off completely in the Vermont state). 6 Mnts later we me at "Mat Madness" for the NAGA Yearly Title) It was even closer than our first match. I cant think of a single fighter I have more respect for than Mike Brown. Kirik was the reff. I predict huge things for Mike Brown in any organization that he fights for. Truley a world class guy.

any one have the von flue vid?

Newton hitting the choke on Pat was pretty unusual, lots of people saying, well he won't finish him with that. Next thing he nearly tears Pat's head off!

pics?

"Newton hitting the choke on Pat was pretty unusual, lots of people saying, well he won't finish him with that. Next thing he nearly tears Pat's head off!"

My buddies and I kept reffering to it as "The schoolyard bully choke" That shit looked tight as hell.

I have seen a reverse leg-triangle from back mount in the IFC.I cant remember who was fighting though.I do know that it was of Cesar Gracies guys that got the submission.

Imanari did a knee kimura on Brown...

"when they sit up and don't open their guard - I stuff the head real quick under my armpit, secure double unders, and "sprawl" into them"

Yep... ya can feed your arms in from side while the guy is trying to get his gaurd back too...especially if he raises up on an elbow. Then just switch your hips and sit...course it helps to have long arms.

R.Chonan's hosteira to heelhook on A.Silva was so smooth "joga bonita de BJJ"....ttt for a blue linked vid.......

"I've tapped people with this before - I've set it up off a can opener (which I use to set up a pass, not an actual submission), when they sit up and don't open their guard - I stuff the head real quick under my armpit, secure double unders, and "sprawl" into them"

Were any of these guys with a pulse? I am guessing that is one that works on the newbs, I have a tough time believing anyone with alot of mat time would get caught with that particular set up.

great thread!

THX