unusual submissions

TiTTy!

Sakurai's arm bar from inside guard.

Bas caught a guy with a funky heelhook in a Pancrase match once - they were both going to leglocks, and the guy had his foot/shin against Bas's cup. Bas grabbed his heel and cranked it, using his cup to keep the foot in place and get the tap.

Was it a flying Heelhook that Ryo Chonan got on Silva? That was pretty bitchin'.

Malachy Friedman, seriously I would fucking love to see that. Save this Thread, because if you ever do that I'll send you $100.00. Heck, we should build that up and everyone should contibute to it: Friedman's Flying Omoplata Fund.

ive landed it in real training 4 to 5 times

only thing is it depend heavly on what the opponent is doing

but i guarentee before im done with fighting and competing i will hit it

Mayhem giving doing the splitter in his last fight to someone.

MF, in Wrestling or in MMA? How would you set that up? Collar/Wunderhook and Wrist Control? I'm assuming you have to have Wrsit Control on the Arm you want to Omo...

ill try it in mma if the oppurtunity presents itself

and i need no control over anything

the opponent needs to have the grip

has it ever been done before? probably, im thinking everything has been done haha..

"the opponent needs to have the grip "

Oh Shit!!!

Thanks man, I got something to work on Tonight!!! Fucking awesome.

Pride 10 had 2 unusual subs. Ricco smothers some guy with his chest, and Mark Kerr actually finishes a can-opener.

I submitted a guy with a cricifix from within his guard, Ill look for a pic.

"I submitted a guy with a cricifix from within his guard, Ill look for a pic."

Wow. Now THAT'S fucking bitchin'.

"I submitted a guy with a cricifix from within his guard"

How did you not get your back taken or armbarred?

"How did you not get your back taken or armbarred?"

The Guard Player can't take his Back or get the Armbar if he is crucifixed because he is technically caught in Underhooks.

I can't tell exactly how Imanari finsihed Mike Brown in that clip. It looks
like he has Brown's foot on his pelvis, and then twists his heel with one
hand. Like a blend between a toe-hold and a heel hook.

Any ideas?
-Dan

"The Guard Player can't take his Back or get the Armbar if he is crucifixed because he is technically caught in Underhooks."

But in the process of getting the underhooks for the crucifix you need to reach behind his head. Which leaves you open to getting your arm dragged by and getting your back taken or possibly getting armbarred.

I have gotten it from inside someone's butterfly guard before setting it up from a double collar tie on his head. Since I am not worried about the armbar from butterfly.

if someone has a videocamera id do a step by step for the flying oma

"I submitted a guy with a cricifix from within his guard"

How did you not get your back taken or armbarred?

I've tapped people with this before - I've set it up off a can opener (which I use to set up a pass, not an actual submission), when they sit up and don't open their guard - I stuff the head real quick under my armpit, secure double unders, and "sprawl" into them

"I've tapped people with this before - I've set it up off a can opener (which I use to set up a pass, not an actual submission), when they sit up and don't open their guard - I stuff the head real quick under my armpit, secure double unders, and "sprawl" into them"

That makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

I cant find the pic and Ive looked quite a bit. His name was Craig Oxley and he was pretty legit on paper (Win a ton of sports jiu jitsu wins national title/ US team Captain and I saw him box on Tuesday night fights a couple of times). But his only MMA fight other than ours was a loss to Genki Sudo in japan. It was my first fight in a cage, my 6th MMA fight. I knew I couldnt possibly be set up to lose. The promoter was very ethical guy named Jamie Levine. As mentioned in a few threads above, I DID have heavy underhooks and was kneeing him hard to the stomach so he moved his hips out and I slnapped down with under-hooks and heavy punches with my free hand. he fell to guard and I used hip pressure to lock up the Crucifix. I dint realize he was in pain till my bro/corner started yelling "That hurts!! That hurts!!" and I saw his chin about a inch from his belly button. next thing I know Din Thomas jumps in and breaks the hold. Next thing I know Im in a local strip joint and Mark Coleman is buying me a drink, later he pushes 3 bouncers into a wall and screaming he'll take the fucking girl back to his hotel if he wants!!!!! Rivera lost a fdight he was winning convincingly against Brando Lee HInkle that night (Hence Coleman being there). I was in awe seeing him win the first ever Pride GP just months prior.