US Grappling Chicago- October 9th, 2010

US Grappling presents a gi and no-gi tournament in Chicago, IL at the Oak Lawn Pavilion on Saturday, October 9th.

Things that will make this tournament run smoother than your typical jiu jitsu tournament:

1. No kids. This is an adults only BJJ and submission grappling tournament. This means that the adult divisions will begin at the beginning of the day (first matches start at 11 AM!).

2. We will be capping competitors at 500! This venue, our staff, and our bracketing can handle this many competitors in a very efficient manner throughout the day.

US Grappling is a tournament by competitors, for competitors.

US Grappling tournament in Chicago (BJJ and no-gi grappling)

Full information and registration is open:

http://www.usgrappling.us/

This gi and no-gi event will have divisions for men, women, and 30+ men.

Note that the exact weigh-in times are subject to change as the event approaches. I will keep everyone attending this event posted! Saturday weigh ins will be held at the venue from 8 AM to 9:30 AM for anyone competing in no gi divisions, and will be extended to noon for anyone that will only be competing in the gi. Competitors can also register and weigh in Friday night from 6 to 8 PM (night before weigh-in location to be decided). If you weigh in Friday night, you do not need to weigh in on Saturday!

Competitors do not need to wear the gi during weigh ins.

First matches will begin at 11 AM.

Note: This event is for adults only. Teens may compete in adult divisions with permission of their parents and coaches.

TTT for adding another city to the USG list!

TTT!

TTT

TTT

TTT! Chicago is awesome! I haven't been in years but had a lot of fun when I was there.

TUFF-N-UFF -  TTT! Chicago is awesome! I haven't been in years but had a lot of fun when I was there.

Best thing about it is the food, IMO.

TTT for Chicago food (except the pizza)!

US grappling is one of the best run tournaments out there! Support!

ninjasaresweet - US grappling is one of the best run tournaments out there! Support!

Thanks!!!

Yeah I did an 8 man for you in Milwaukee a few years back. I blew my knee out the day before and still competed. Finished 3rd and lost to rick macauley. I could barely walk but it was still a blast.

judogoat - 
TUFF-N-UFF -  TTT! Chicago is awesome! I haven't been in years but had a lot of fun when I was there.

Best thing about it is the food, IMO.

best thing when i went was the free booze but now that i rarely drink, i may try and remember the food if i were to go.

ninjasaresweet - Yeah I did an 8 man for you in Milwaukee a few years back. I blew my knee out the day before and still competed. Finished 3rd and lost to rick macauley. I could barely walk but it was still a blast.

I remember that!  You fought really well through the adversity. 

ttt

TTT

Sweet, I'm loving all the attention to the Midwest!

Had to drop out of the 8 man to go to Costa Rica last time you guys were in the Midwest, I'll be at this one for sure

ninjasaresweet - US grappling is one of the best run tournaments out there! Support!

Thanks! If you think we did a good job in Milwaukee, you're going to be amazed with the progress we've made since then!

Serafin - Had to drop out of the 8 man to go to Costa Rica last time you guys were in the Midwest, I'll be at this one for sure

I am hoping to start training again and not be a fat ass! And I will be there as well.

Why do you not have a green name?

Serafin - Had to drop out of the 8 man to go to Costa Rica last time you guys were in the Midwest, I'll be at this one for sure

Check your PM here!