US Grappling Richmond - August 7th, 2010

US Grappling returns to Patrick Henry High School in Ashland, VA on August 7, 2010!

Pre-register now and save money:

http://www.usgrappling.us/events/dominion-grappling-championships-v/

This gi and no-gi event will have divisions for men, women, and 30+ men.

Saturday weigh ins will be held at the venue from 8 AM to 9:30 AM for anyone competing in no gi divisions, and will be extended to noon for anyone that will only be competing in the gi. Competitors can also register and weigh in Friday night from 6 to 8 PM at the venue.  If you weigh in Friday night, you do not need to weigh in on Saturday!

Competitors do not need to wear the gi during weigh ins.

Tentative Event Schedule

Note – Due to the nature of submission grappling tournaments, the schedule is tentative. 

Weigh ins begin for all divisions – 8:00 AM

Weigh ins end for ALL No Gi divisions – 9:30 AM SHARP.

Rules Meeting – 10:45 AM

Not before 11:00 AM – Men’s Advanced No Gi

Not before 11:00 AM – Women’s No Gi (all skills)

Not before 11:00 AM – 30+ No Gi (all skills)

Not before 11:30 AM – Men’s Intermediate No Gi

Weigh ins end for all Gi divisions – 12:00 Noon SHARP

Not before 12:30 PM – Men’s Beginner No Gi

Not before 12:30 PM – Men’s Novice No Gi

Not before 1:30 PM – Men’s Purple/Brown/Black (these are separate divisions)

Not before 1:30 PM – Women’s Gi (all belts)

Not before 1:30 PM – 30+ Gi (all belts)

Not before 2:30 PM – Men’s Blue Belt

Not before 3:00 PM – Men’s White Belt

The absolute divisions will begin when the weight classes for that belt or skill have finished.  For example, when all of the men’s advanced no gi divisions have finished, we will begin the men’s advanced absolute.  The last divisions of the day will be the men’s white belt absolute.

Note: This event is for adults only. Teens may compete in adult divisions with permission of their parents and coaches.

I get a text this morning from crazy... It says "By the way, Dade told me to tell you that he hates you"

(Dade is her father's cockatiel)

i am thinking about taking her crazy ass emails and text messages and starting a website where I post them. I will continue to post them until she somehow finds out about the website. Once she finds out, she will start sending me threats and emails/texts pisssed off about the website. I will post them too!

good idea?

TotalFightSource - i am thinking about taking her crazy ass emails and text messages and starting a website where I post them. I will continue to post them until she somehow finds out about the website. Once she finds out, she will start sending me threats and emails/texts pisssed off about the website. I will post them too!

good idea?

Best idea I've ever heard you have.

judogoat - 
TotalFightSource - i am thinking about taking her crazy ass emails and text messages and starting a website where I post them. I will continue to post them until she somehow finds out about the website. Once she finds out, she will start sending me threats and emails/texts pisssed off about the website. I will post them too!

good idea?

Best idea I've ever heard you have.

it was a good idea but I must have had a better one over the 10+ years I've known you

I could set up the website to update automatically by email. Then I could set it so all emails from her automatically publish. She would basically be updating the site for me!

TotalFightSource - I could set up the website to update automatically by email. Then I could set it so all emails from her automatically publish. She would basically be updating the site for me!

I like this idea a LOT.  I think it would be really popular due to its unpredictable nature.

What should it be called?

www.thisbitchiscrazy.com is available!

TTT

TotalFightSource - What should it be called?

www.thisbitchiscrazy.com is available!

YES!

Which is better? loonybitch.com or thatbitchiscrazy.com?

TotalFightSource - Which is better? loonybitch.com or thatbitchiscrazy.com?

If you can get both and have them direct to the same place, go for it.

Prizes for all adult absolute (open weight divisions)!

Gi:  US Grappling is giving away a custom embroidered gi for men’s and women’s white belt, blue belt, purple belt, brown belt, and black belt absolute division winners!

No-gi:  USG is giving away a board shorts and rashguards for all men’s and women’s absolute no-gi novice, beginner, intermediate, and advanced champions!

judogoat - 
TotalFightSource - Which is better? loonybitch.com or thatbitchiscrazy.com?

If you can get both and have them direct to the same place, go for it.

That is a good idea! I am planning this one out and then will get started. I don't want to just jump in to it. I want to come up with a good gameplan first. What are some other features? Would a weekly "Who is craziest?" poll be good?

You know what sucks? Cars suck! Car problems specifically. Right now my car has a problem overheating. I learned years ago that if your car is overheating, one way to help it right away is to turn your heater on. That will get more air flowing over the engine I believe and help cool it down a little. Riding around (especially this weekend!) with the heater on full blast SUCKS!

Will you or Jarrett be home this evening? My mom's house has a contract on it which is pretty good considering the economy. She is bugging me to pick up that a/c that is currently in Jarrett's window. Assuming my car makes it, could I come by around 5:30 or after and get it? I can put the other one you have in the window for him so it isn't hot when he gets home (if he isn't there).

Call Jarrett.  Just texted you his number.

Got it. Thanks!

already posted this elsewhere but did you read about my superfight last night?

2 guys w/1 gun vs me

it was what you call a 'winner take all' match. "all" being the $15 i had in my pocket. i stepped up last minute for this one and ended up losing.

TotalFightSource - already posted this elsewhere but did you read about my superfight last night?

2 guys w/1 gun vs me

it was what you call a 'winner take all' match. "all" being the $15 i had in my pocket. i stepped up last minute for this one and ended up losing.

I'm hoping you got to keep your anal virginity as a consolation prize.

I did!

TotalFightSource - I did!

Whew! 

Hey, are you coming out for this tournament?