Valdosta Fight Results

I wish someone would

hey corsey, I mailed you that thing today.

"I like to ANALIZE fights, fighters, etc. "

Well... that just about sums it up right there...

I usually just sit back and watch this BS but I'm sick of it.

I have nothing personal against Frank but it is readily obvious that he absolutely HATES anything in GA that is not directly associated with The HardCore Gym and if anyone else in GA gets any attention (that is not associated with HC) he trashes them. I mean, support for your team is one thing but blatant sour grapes is plain shitty.

I remember once he posted on the GA Fight Scene message board when Rory was fighting up north that we should all be talking about it and that he was appalled that no one supported "their local fighters". When he got called on it when someone said he didn't support anyone but HC guys he responded by saying that he supported ALL the GA fighters and went to ALL the shows. There have been 9 shows since then, one that had a HC rep on it. Guess how many Frank went to.... That one. Not another single show.

Then when Weez gets a shot at the Big Time he trashes Weez then gives his lame excuses of why Weez doesn't deserve it. I'll bet if the UFC called Adam to come fight next week Frank wouldn't have a problem with that at all, and Adam doesn't even fight anymore (that I am aware). Of course there are different degrees of what "deserving" is and Forrest definitely deserves a shot but DAMN... That doesn't mean Weez should get trashed. I am happy for the dude and I hope he represents GA well.

Frank, your support of HC turns into bashing of everyone else in GA and it is obvious. There are quite a few guys from HC that I really like. Adam and Forrest are both great guys and have never done anything but go out of their way to be nice to me and to support me as well as my school and all other GA fighters. Ross, Rory and Dan are all great guys. Your BS attitude is giving them a black eye and I'm surprised they still let you speak publicly on their behalf. I have had numerous people express that same sentiment to me.

And as far as Hornbuckle's statement...

He was referring to me. I pick my opponents smartly and that is why I have had a successful career so far. I think anyone who is serious about making a career in MMA (or any combat sport) should do the same. Shaun just likes to fight so he doesn't care who he fights. And I tend to agree with Hornbuckle... Shaun is probably one of the best (pure) strikers that is competing in MMA at the moment. Of course he has trouble "putting it all together" in the ring, but that's not the point, is it? When one says "strikers" they are talking about "striking". I challenge you to name a handful of guys that would fare better in a strictly striking environment, lb. for lb. of course, that have competed in MMA that are better than Shaun. I can name 20 or 30 maybe (if I tried real hard)... I think top 30 is saying something considering there are thousands of MMA fighters out there.

If you really cared about HardCore Gym as much as I think you do you would consider the ramifications of all the BS that you spout has on their image.

Peace-
Cam

Frank: you know I consider you a friend... but your coming off really bad in this thread. Let me just touch on some things...

As far as Shaun's standup. I have trained with some top level MMA'ers at this point in time and the week I spent at v-mac I was incredibly impressed with shauns standup. I thought when I went down there that his standup was average based on the 2 fights of his I had seen. Wow was I in for a wake up call. He had the best standup of any MMA'er I have worked with. I would deffinately say he is among the best standup fighters in MMA.

Also about weez: Weez is cool as fuck an obviously very talented. The UFC is looking for young talent in the heavyweight devision they can make their own to create fighter/promoter loyalty. They need heavies bad and he is deffinately a dominant heavy in the usa. To say beating dan severn is easy is nuts. How many have done it and where are they now? Pedro Rizzo, Royce gracie, Josh Barnett... It's an elite group and beating him deffinately earns you a shot at bigger things. If it wasnt true guys wouldnt even bother fighting him.

I consider all the guys at hardcore gym friends. I talk with rory very frequently. Hell rory and forrest gave me a place to stay and adam worked with me a ton.

It looks very bad when their manager/online rep spouts off like this. Once you get into a position that you have you need to watch your words even if you think them. Take a look at all the posts from "promoter (monte cox)" and see how he does it.

Hopefully we can all work out our differences. There is no need for GA to do anything but support one another. I have made friends with about every mma gym in GA and they are all great guys.

yeah we are all astronauts, your the only one whos grounded to reality.

i thought you meant we had our head in the clouds. lol

"You don't think that fighting more than once a year is smart?"

You really are pretty dim, aren't you? Where did I say anything about the frequency of fighting? I said "they should pick their opponents wisely". It doesn't matter how many times they fight as long as they pick their opponents wisely. And before you make some other shit up, I don't mean fight only tomato cans. What I mean by "wisely" is pick opponents that will better your career by taking you up the ladder one step at a time while not stepping in over your head.

"THousands at his weight?"

Again... go back and read what I wrote... notice that little phrase I put in there that says "lb. for lb. of course".

"Again, one has nothing to do with the other."

If you really believe the shit that you write and say doesn't reflect on HCG then you are pretty stupid.

"And I guess you won't tell me any of the numerous people...and I'll do the same with the numerous people who tell me stuff. "

Everyone at our gym thinks you give HCG a black eye and have verbalized this to me quite often. Jason Hornbuckle obviously thinks so too. Everyone at VMAC except Joel Weldon... I don't even think he knows who you are. A good handful of people from LA Boxing... I can even think of 2 guys from HCG that have personally said to me that they wish you'd keep your mouth shut. No I won't name their names because I don't want to start trouble among those guys. Mike Carlson has voiced sentiment about you tarnishing the image of HCG and I'm not 100% positive but I "think" I had a short word with Brett Moses once about it.

The fact is that you are associated with HCG whether you want to be or not and your actions reflect on them whether you realize it or not.

Like I said initially, I personally don't have a problem with you but your propoganda is not very good for the image of HCG.

Peace-
Cam

If ya'll don't stop antagonizing BIG FRANK, some of you are going to find yourselves hanging over balconies and begging for mercy. BIG FRANK is known as the Georgia MMA version of Suge Knight for a very good reason. He has given rival Georgia MMA promoters/fighters/managers the "V Ice" treatment before and won't hesitate to do it again.

Let's end this thread right now before anyone ends up getting hurt.

lol!

LOL at striker.

lmao, striker!

Frank,

I like you fine. Sometimes, you do irritate me, but I don't hate you. Please don't kill yourself.

sincerely,
james

t3

I have to say I have a great deal of respect for Cam.It was real cool for him to come here and admit he made a mistake ( In a world were admitting you are wrong is very rare). I think his reffing otherwise was flawless and I can tell he is an unbiased referee. I enjoyed the fights very much and was impressed with how everything went. It was my birthday and I had hoped to seee at least one or two "decent" fights but it turned out to be a great night of fights.  I would like to see more fights in Valdosta  Anyone know if there will be a "Hot Summer Fights " show this year?

Yeah Cam trained my opponent for the fight, and i dont think i would have fought anyone if there trainer was the ref, but Cam is just different. Totally stand up dude, and hes cool too. I really look up to him.

That was sweet armbar, he kinda made a mistake and gave it to you  but I give ya props for taking full advantage. It was an extremely entertaining fight to watch. that dude had a very unorthadox style that was fun to watch. Great intensity in that fight. Good job doomsday.

Thanks man, the best thing about that fight was the crowds participation and the compliments i've received. The worst is that he gave such a great performance and took a loss. I really hate that. Kenneth is a winner.

I'm not sure about another show, i think something may be in the works for June. I think i'm just gonna watch next time. ;D

"Dooms, I saw Joel vs Joe, and it was a serious KO. Joe had a good first round though. Anyhow, maybe Joel is finding himself and his style"

Actually Jason it was not a serious KO. I was in trouble no doubt. I gassed in the first round trying to finish that triangle, and had nothing for the second. I got dropped early in the first round and got back up, then he threw a haymaker that I just watched without thinking of blocking or moving. The punch sat me straight on my ass and Cam stopped the fight. I was not out but it was a good stoppage. And if Joel had landed another one or two of those it wouuld have been a seriuos knockout. I did however start training with Cam right after that fight, I was self trained up to that point in terms of all ground fighting.

gotta love self trained fighters with skills.
i'm impressed Joe. :D