VanArsdale as poss. Vitor replacem

Randy IMO is a way better wrestler than VA with better credentials as well

I agree Daren.... Randy is a better wrestler, he's more adaptable into mma, his style, intensity, everything...if MVA was going to be anything in MMA he would have done it already.... no one wants to see him... I would not even rank him in the top 10... that's the truth.... and again, wrestling credentials mean jack shit in MMA... trigg thought his credentials were going to carry him straight through hughes, and we all saw what happened with that nonsense talking

Daren , is your point that to be a great wrestler you should have no losses .....Randy never won an NCAA title in college ,,which means he must have lost too....Randy was also like 26 when he started college ,,,little advantage you think .....Who beat him Daren ,you should have something on video ...

Fuegofighter ,your points you are making are so generalized you cant really pay much attention to them....Hughes is a 2 time NCAA all american ...Trigg hasnt done shit in wrestling ....So what are Triggs credentials???????????? Explain your yourself ....Do doule legs still work fuegofighter?????

Mike would take Randy right down imo if they fought ,,,Hes taking down Olympic hopefuls in training ....Who is the last great wrestler Randy fought .......???? Randleman ,,,What happened ??? Randleman took him down .........He was too small for Randy and the fight turned on him like it turned on Randy against bigger ground fighters ......

double legs of course work, but not from blind outside shots.... and if mva is going to clinch with randy, he will lose.... that's what i mean... i should have explained better, but i assume everyone who is debating this, has some kind of wrestling knowledge, or competed in college or something....

as far the trigg comparison..everyone talk about trigg, and his hyped up wrestling career, and it meant nothing... .

no more talk about wrestling credentials..mma and wrestling, and using or adapting those skills into it are completey different.....

in the end, who cares, and randy would beat his ass...

only reason i brought up was cause someone said VA was a much better wrestler than Randleman Ya I know VA has some good wins of late.Coutore lost to Kerr in the finals one year.I think VA can be an excellent fighter Im not knocking him but IMO Randleman and Coutore are on the same level in wrestler.Randleman was a phenom and one 2 NCAA titles and a second place ? or something like that

"double legs work of course ,but not from blind outside shots "

So Van would shoot blind outside shots ?????WTF ,is your point ?????? What did Randleman and Ricco take Couture down with ?????

"Everyone talked about Trigg and his hyped up wrestling career "

You claim to be a knowlegable wrestler so you should have known Trigg hasnt done shit in wrestling ....Who cares what was hyped about him ,,facts are facts...So dont throw him in the same boat as VanArsdale ....Vans track record speaks for itself ...He has continued wrestling unlike these other guys mentioned .....Mike would 15 point Randleman in a match today .......Mike also trains almost daily with the Army greco team who have 2 or 3 Olympic hopefuls ,,so he is no spring chicken to the clinch ...........

I dont mind listening to opinions ,just nonsense....Mike will be back in the UFC soon ...He probably would have gotten in right after beating Babalu had Babalu not pulled out ....Now it looks like he fighting Tanner in Feb. instead .....So hopefully the display that will be put on will get him back in ....If people want entertaining fighters in the show than they should be lobbying for Van to be back in .......

Maybe fuegofighter would boycott that show since he thinks Mike has no skills to compete at that level....

No one will smoke Van Arsdale!!!

Secondly, Randy is an awesome fighter but he is the last one who will smoke Van Arsdale. Their striking is about the same giving Randy a slight nod on that one. As for the wrestling Van Arsdale is the better wrestler by far, Fact. Not fiction. This fight comes down to who can put it together better on that given night. I give the edge to Randy only because of how active he has been lately while Van Arsdale is having a tough time finding fights.

Bottom line......................GREAT FIGHT!!!

Ricco is much bigger than coutore, levarage, fatigue, etc....

ricco could not take down rizzo.. his outside shots look sloppy...

too much risk involved.. everyone these days has great sprawls, and punches and knees to go with them....don't bring up past matches, because each fighter gets better and better, and they just dont' revert to the same mistakes, or broken positions...

scars from experience will always sharpen the technique...

Tito dominated vanderlie on the feet, hit him with great shots, but from creating angles, and finishing hard.....thought fight was boring, and silva caught him with one good shot... Tito fought smart..

MVA got his ask kicked by Vanderlie.. he did not adapt his ability to take people down, or use his wrestling arsenal to beat vanderlie....and he paid for it..

I have seen MVA compete, his an outstanding wrestler... but he has not earned a fight against Randy....

how do you think the would match up against Rampage?

and i am not throwing him in the same boat as trigg, i was stating how people throw out credentials to map out a mma fight....

can't do that.....

THAT'S A BOLD STATEMENT!!!