Vera vs stann who wins and why?

RockMeAmadeus - Easily Vera.

Correct.... Sure Vera hasn't looked amazing lately but Stann has won 1 of his last 4.....at middleweight and has been finished twice.

GarlicSauce - LOL, Vera wins, no contest there. Everyone here is voting with their emotions. Vera has more experience, more heart, more skill and bigger size.

Verdict: Vera crushes Stann.
Boom. Phone Post 3.0

Jesus the stupidity of the UG sometimes is unfathomable.

Seriously you guys? No one has yet denied my facts I've put forth.

The guy HASN'T changed since his Marshall fight, and he was as closed to being KO'd as one can come. It was MARSHALL we're talking about here.

(BTW Marshall's not a bad fighter or anything, just a much more known grappler than striker. And he struggled in the UFC and never fought in the upper parts of the UFC.)

heavyweightmma - Jesus the stupidity of the UG sometimes is unfathomable.

Seriously you guys? No one has yet denied my facts I've put forth.

The guy HASN'T changed since his Marshall fight, and he was as closed to being KO'd as one can come. It was MARSHALL we're talking about here.

(BTW Marshall's not a bad fighter or anything, just a much more known grappler than striker. And he struggled in the UFC and never fought in the upper parts of the UFC.)

Because it makes more sense to look at a fighters career rather than cherry pick one fight to try and make a point. I don't think Stann would do any better than Vera did against Mir, Werdum, Sylvia, Jones, Shogun, Couture, Jardine, or Krystof. Also, I think Vera would do just fine against Bisping, Sakara, Wand, Leben, Santiago, Mike Massenzio, or Steve Cantwell.

Their level of competition is night and day difference and Vera is an all around better fighter. That's why he is going on an 8 year UFC career.

They need to have a Rocky V type fight. Phone Post 3.0

Lmao @ more heart...I say Stann takes it...his striking has looked pretty crisp since he went to Jackson (not counting the wandy bout)... Phone Post 3.0

LILBROCK -
Kentpaul - Stann because he has a great career after fighting

Vera was part owner of city boxing as of 10 years ago and founded and is part owner of Alliance MMA now. He makes more money outside of fighting than Stann will in the 6 hours a month he'll get for UFC gigs.
What about calling college football games for fox? Or his many public speaking appearances?? I call bullshit on Vera making more money than Stann. Phone Post 3.0

GarlicSauce - Vera has more experience, more heart, more skill and bigger size.
That's a new level of retard right there.

Funny how he brings up teammates. When stann's teammate broke veras face. oh the irony.

Mustard Tiger -
Other then the more heart part which can't be proven. He is pretty much spot on. How is that a retarded post? Phone Post 3.0

Vera hasn't looked good since the Randy fight.

Stann TKO's him.

Rudi - If stann loses ill KO vera on UFC undisputed my damn self. Phone Post

Haha this Phone Post

GarlicSauce - LOL, Vera wins, no contest there. Everyone here is voting with their emotions. Vera has more experience, more heart, more skill and bigger size.

Vera has more heart?  You realize we are talking about Brandon Vera, right?

i remember halloween - 
GarlicSauce - LOL, Vera wins, no contest there. Everyone here is voting with their emotions. Vera has more experience, more heart, more skill and bigger size.

I was gonna say this yesterday. After a couple of punches he just seems lost in the cage these past couple of years.

This guy doesn't seem to have much left imho from what I've seen the last 4-5 years from him.

i remember halloween - 

Yes.

heavyweightmma - 
i remember halloween - 

I was gonna say this yesterday. After a couple of punches he just seems lost in the cage these past couple of years.

This guy doesn't seem to have much left imho from what I've seen the last 4-5 years from him.

Does he quit after those "couple of punches"? No, he keeps on going. He was robbed in his fight against Werdum. And against Jones and Shogun, he ate an enormous amount of punishment and didn't quit. He got his skull broken in the process too. You should rewatch some of his fights.

nolabrum - 
Mustard Tiger -
Other then the more heart part which can't be proven. He is pretty much spot on. How is that a retarded post? Phone Post 3.0

Because he likes Stann and he got offended that not 100% of the posts he saw here were all praise for him.

GarlicSauce - 
heavyweightmma - 
i remember halloween - 

Does he quit after those "couple of punches"? No, he keeps on going. He was robbed in his fight against Werdum. And against Jones and Shogun, he ate an enormous amount of punishment and didn't quit. He got his skull broken in the process too. You should rewatch some of his fights.

Seriously? He balled up and did nothing after he was hit by an Elbow from Jones. Against Thiago Silva he just let Silva ride his back and Silva was able to effortlessly drum away on his back. Shogun was in his occasional HORRIBLE shape fight against Vera, and he won via (T)KO after Vera had gotten tired and his offense had disappeared (Other then one okay combo, after that he just stopped again.)

In one of his recent fights against Marshall (2011), he was rocked badly and close to being finished, and Vera is a MUCH better striker than him with much higher credentials.

I guarantee I've watched his fights enough.

How is Vera gonna stop a Brain Stann who: knocked Wanderlei down three times, and TKO'd Leben?

The Brian Stann that fought and lost against Wanderlei Silva looked good, the only reason he lost was because Wanderlei was in beast japan mode.

Brain Stann could easily be the winner of the Silva fight right now (Not my wish, was rooting for Silva especially since they were in Japan.), but Silva had a good sense of recovery in that fight for some reason.

UGCTT_Capnsavem -
GarlicSauce - LOL, Vera wins, no contest there. Everyone here is voting with their emotions. Vera has more experience, more heart, more skill and bigger size.

Boom. Phone Post 3.0
Stann hits damned hard. Vera has fought awfully for ages now. Phone Post 3.0

stann via being an american hero!!! Phone Post 3.0