Very Interesting Quote from Forrests' Book

my spelling is irrelevant to the argument and wanting no more and quiting are two different things. forrest never gave up.

[img]http://i27.tinypic.com/16c98oz.jpg[/img]

blue namer?

Crocop'sLeftLeg - [/img]

blue namer?

Thanks.

Anyone saying Forrest quit is a fucking retard. He got dropped 3 times in one round.

THP - Anyone saying Forrest quit is a fucking retard. He got dropped 3 times in one round.

saying forest didn't quit while he's doing windshield wipers from his back to stop getting hit is like saying BJ didn't quit.

there's nothing wrong with saying you've had enough when you're pummeled like that. but you better expect to be ridiculed when you make a stupid statement in a book and it comes back to bite you in the ass

story97 - saying forest didn't quit while he's doing windshield wipers from his back to stop getting hit is like saying BJ didn't quit.

there's nothing wrong with saying you've had enough when you're pummeled like that. but you better expect to be ridiculed when you make a stupid statement in a book and it comes back to bite you in the ass

You're such a douchebag. What fight did you watch? He got ROCKED so badly the entire fight.

Some of you amaze me. Bunch of keyboard warrior assholes.

Getting knocked out isn't always like an "on-off" switch, just because his arm could move around doesn't mean he wasn't well and truly fucked up. Some of you need to shut up about things you don't understand.

THP - 
story97 - saying forest didn't quit while he's doing windshield wipers from his back to stop getting hit is like saying BJ didn't quit.

You're such a douchebag. What fight did you watch? He got ROCKED so badly the entire fight.

It could be worse, there could be douchebag dipshits that are so fucking nut hugging they can't see what the rest of the world does....

story97 - 
THP - 

It could be worse, there could be douchebag dipshits that are so fucking nut hugging they can't see what the rest of the world does....

you just a hater simple as that. i'm not a forrest fan but he did not quit.

So let me get this straight. There are some of you that believe Forrest got knocked down, then with a perfectly clear head made the decision that he didn't want to fight anymore, and waved his arms to signal that he was giving up? Wow. I saw a completely different fight.

I saw Forrest get clocked on the button with a clean punch, get knocked loose of his senses, fall down, and then flair his arms upward by defensive instinct because his brain wasn't fully functional at the time. I would seriously doubt he even remembers any of that.

He was doing the exact same motion with his arms when he was getting fucked up by Jardine. Defensive instinct while the lights are on but nobody is home.

Forrest quit that fight. He was getting outclassed and gave up. He waved the damn fight off. His eyes were open and he stood right back up after Silva showed mercy. He was rocked, but far from out. He's stayed in there for worse beatings on the ground in prior fights. He simply knew there was no point continuing and gave up after the last knock down. That's not hating. That's simple observation.

A. The book is good. buy it:)

B. Nothing wrong with quitting in the ring

C. I haven't seen Forrest quit in the ring

Griffen doesnt seem to get KO'd in the traditional sense, but always seems to go in some sort of spaztic flippy floppy body motions when he is getting beat on. I dont think its giving up in the traditional sense, but when the going gets tough he seems to shut down

LOOK AT THIS GIF.

Follow the stages of what happens very closely:

1 - Forrest wiffs

2 - Anderson tags him with a jab

3 - Forrest falls

4 - Forrest LOOKS AT ANDERSON

5 - Forrest intelligently and willingly puts his arms up to say "no more"

That is quitting. Anyone saying he got knocked out is simply ignoring what it is plain sight.

Now, I don't have any problem with him quitting at all. Especially given how horribly he was getting handled. He did the right thing to save himself from further damage. Better off to live to fight another day.

However, reading that quote is HILARIOUS when you see him quit clear as day. And reading people try to say he didn't quit or got ko'd is even funnier. Huggers.

Forrest has just never been one to give up. I guess it just goes to show that you really can't say what you would or would not do until you are in that situation. I am sure Forrest really believed that statement until he was put in his most recent situation.

I can't blame him for giving up though. It was very clear that he could do nothing against Anderson. He lived to fight another day and saved himself from serious injury.

RyanWilcox - why does Forrest even have a book out?

Because no one would buy yours.

Debuted at #8 on the NYT Best Seller List.

J-LauFan1 - not only did he quit in that fight but hasn't he tapped from strikes in a couple other fights( i.e. quit in forrest's words)?

No he didn't tap from strikes.  He was 100% out in the Rashad fight and was slopping.  He was out. 

Why not look shit up before posting?