Very Interesting Quote from Forrests' Book

Forrest was unconscious...so he didn't quit

the book is okay. i was hoping for more of a life story than a lesson on how to be a fighter, but it was ok.

he admits to contradicting himself in the book, and says something along the lines of the moment dictating where you fell in a situation, and he made fun of himself for the jardine situation in there. so don't be too hard on the guy.

story97 - saying forest didn't quit while he's doing windshield wipers from his back to stop getting hit is like saying BJ didn't quit.

there's nothing wrong with saying you've had enough when you're pummeled like that. but you better expect to be ridiculed when you make a stupid statement in a book and it comes back to bite you in the ass

Those are actually nothing alike at all. BJ verbally said he was done, Forrest just put his hands infront of his face cause he was already beat and knew he was about to get his face punched in. He never said he quit, or asked the ref to stop the fight, but the ref knew he was beat and called it. Some people just want to be haters I suppose, maybe it helps you sleep at night....

quit,tap, same thing But Forrest was not KOed he was alert enough to look at the referee and ask for no more

It's crazy how people see things so differently. I see Forrest raise his arms to protect himself and the ref jumps in. How is raising your arms to protect yourself giving up?

Go watch Tank Abbot and Matua (something like that)

After Tank smashed his head off, Matua had his arms up like Forrest's.  I guess he quit too.

So what, quotes like the one you quoted sell books, but they are wrong.

After getting knocked down three times, he'd had enough, and he was in a world that you can't experience while typing a book at a desk. I'm sure he felt like he was in a nightmare after that last shot, and there is no fault in wanting out. He obviously wasn't "unconscious" because he was communicating with Anderson.

I'd bet that he would be less cavelier if he was rewriting the book, but that book is marketed to an over-testosteroned fan base.

I don't think he quit, he just raised his hands to defend himself. He wasn't unconscious.

sage77 - 
Crocop'sLeftLeg - Irony? What irony?

Forrest didn't give up against Anderson - he got KOed.

Somebody post the picture of Forrest out cold on the mat and end this thread.

Are you blind or retarded? He was fully conscious and lifted up his arm towards Anderson with a gesture of wanting no more. Watch it again.

No, he was KO'd and had a natural reaction to put his hands up to defend.

"Those are actually nothing alike at all. BJ verbally said he was done, Forrest just put his hands infront of his face cause he was already beat and knew he was about to get his face punched in. He never said he quit, or asked the ref to stop the fight, but the ref knew he was beat and called it. Some people just want to be haters I suppose, maybe it helps you sleep at night...."

Has it ever been proven that Penn himself said he quits? I havent heard that. He is on record thanking his corner for saving him however.

How is that differnt that the ref saving Griffen?

So BJ, the guy who says he'd die in the ring, VERBALLY quits on his stool and I don't think I saw more than one or two posts about it.  Forrest, who was rocked a few times and dropped puts his arms up, half out of it and he's a quitter? 

Are you guys fucking kidding me?

I thought the level of respect for fighters would get better as the years went on, but it's only gotten worse.

Like a bunch of fucking hens in here talking about this shit for weeks.  What would all you badasses do in that situation?

"Winnson - Go watch Tank Abbot and Matua (something like that)After Tank smashed his head off, Matua had his arms up like Forrest's.  I guess he quit too."

Totally different situation. Matua was out and convulsing if I remember correctly.

double

"So BJ, the guy who says he'd die in the ring, VERBALLY quits on his stool and I don't think I saw more than one or two posts about it."

Yes, not more than one or two posts.

Why would anyone spend money on a book by Forrest? Go to the library and discover all sorts of knowledge and entertainment.

story97 -
THP -
story97 - saying forest didn't quit while he's doing windshield wipers from his back to stop getting hit is like saying BJ didn't quit.

there's nothing wrong with saying you've had enough when you're pummeled like that. but you better expect to be ridiculed when you make a stupid statement in a book and it comes back to bite you in the ass

You're such a douchebag. What fight did you watch? He got ROCKED so badly the entire fight.

Some of you amaze me. Bunch of keyboard warrior assholes.

It could be worse, there could be douchebag dipshits that are so fucking nut hugging they can't see what the rest of the world does....

Your opinion and join date tells me a lot about you. There's no way you could use one of those bullshit, "I've been lurking for forever" stories. This is simply the dumbest opinion I've ever heard. How many times have you been rocked before? Forrest was dropped 3 times by Anderson Silva in one round. That's the most times someone has been dropped by Anderson in a single round. Anderson hits incredibly hard. How the hell is that difficult to understand? Forrest got finished.

lmfao at anybody who thinks he quit after watching that gif

Altofsky - 

4 - Forrest LOOKS AT ANDERSON

5 - Forrest intelligently and willingly puts his arms up to say "no more"

You have ZERO ability to know that.  We see guys get rocked or knocked out all the time with their eyes looking all over the place.  But this time you knwo for CERTAIN that he was actually conciously looking at Anderson and then put his arms up with the express purpose of saying "no more"?  Really?

Forrest getting rocked here was no different than versus Jardine, Rashad, etc.  He did the same motions in those fights and didn't give up, same as this one.  Get a clue.

I'll just hope this was a troll.

gusto - 
Winnson - Go watch Tank Abbot and Matua (something like that)

After Tank smashed his head off, Matua had his arms up like Forrest's.  I guess he quit too.
lol, matuas arms were stiff

winnson was just kidding.

i hope to god...

IMO, Forrest didn't quit against Rashad or Silva. He wasn't out cold like Bisping, but he was definitely out of it. He is a warrior for trying to keep fighting after getting dropped twice.