Very Interesting Quote from Forrests' Book

pickledsoylentgreen - 
story97 - saying forest didn't quit while he's doing windshield wipers from his back to stop getting hit is like saying BJ didn't quit.

there's nothing wrong with saying you've had enough when you're pummeled like that. but you better expect to be ridiculed when you make a stupid statement in a book and it comes back to bite you in the ass

Those are actually nothing alike at all. BJ verbally said he was done, Forrest just put his hands infront of his face cause he was already beat and knew he was about to get his face punched in. He never said he quit, or asked the ref to stop the fight, but the ref knew he was beat and called it. Some people just want to be haters I suppose, maybe it helps you sleep at night....

Pretty much. Flailing his arms like a retard was the best he could do to defend himself at the time, considering that he was barely conscious and rocked like a mother fucker.

2JupitersTooMany - So what, quotes like the one you quoted sell books, but they are wrong.

After getting knocked down three times, he'd had enough, and he was in a world that you can't experience while typing a book at a desk. I'm sure he felt like he was in a nightmare after that last shot, and there is no fault in wanting out. He obviously wasn't "unconscious" because he was communicating with Anderson.

I'd bet that he would be less cavalier if he was rewriting the book, but that book is marketed to an over-testosteroned fan base.

frankiscool - So BJ, the guy who says he'd die in the ring, VERBALLY quits on his stool and I don't think I saw more than one or two posts about it. Forrest, who was rocked a few times and dropped puts his arms up, half out of it and he's a quitter?

Are you guys fucking kidding me?

I thought the level of respect for fighters would get better as the years went on, but it's only gotten worse.

Like a bunch of fucking hens in here talking about this shit for weeks. What would all you badasses do in that situation?

Frank, you have a very short memory if you think there were only 1 or 2 posts about BJ quitting. Unless when you say 1 or 2, you meant 1 or 2 thousand & when you say posts, you meant threads

frankiscool - No he didn't tap from strikes. He was 100% out in the Rashad fight and was slopping. He was out.

Why not look shit up before posting?

I'm not sure what slopping is, and I know you're his BFF and all, but ...

He was attempting to tap out to strikes in the Rashad fight, but the ref didn't see it and let the fight continue for a few seconds more. Rashad continued to punch him and that is when he was put out.

I actually thought he waved Anderson off when I watched the fight, but looking at the GIF, I think he was at a point of being unable to defend himself (TKO'ed)

sage77 - From page 19 of Got Fight

"... you don't want to be that guy who quits in the ring - that's unforgiveable. If you quit because you don't want to get hit anymore, you took the hairy vagina way out. If you want to be a man, take the hits and get knocked the fuck out. My philosophy on getting knocked out is that it renders you unconscious and numb, so why worry about it."
I'm sure the next line read "but it's totally cool to weep openly in the ring."

lol

pickledsoylentgreen - 
story97 - saying forest didn't quit while he's doing windshield wipers from his back to stop getting hit is like saying BJ didn't quit.

there's nothing wrong with saying you've had enough when you're pummeled like that. but you better expect to be ridiculed when you make a stupid statement in a book and it comes back to bite you in the ass

Those are actually nothing alike at all. BJ verbally said he was done, Forrest just put his hands infront of his face cause he was already beat and knew he was about to get his face punched in. He never said he quit, or asked the ref to stop the fight, but the ref knew he was beat and called it. Some people just want to be haters I suppose, maybe it helps you sleep at night....

BJ never "verbally quit in the corner." In fact, he didn't do anything verbally; watch the end of the fight: didn't respond at all to Rudy Valentino or his other cornermen. Then his corner stopped it. He was completely messed up by the beating. I would have liked if they stopped it earlier but that's OK.

We don't know for sure what was going on in Forrest's mind (if anything). I actually found his book entertaining.

TH

forrest didnt quit, those who said that he did dont know what they are watching

Ecko Unltd -  Forrest was unconscious...so he didn't quit

Yeah, unconscious fighters always LOOK DIRECTLY AT THEIR OPPONENTS before WAVING THEM OFF.

LMFAO

It is NO disrespect to Forrest to point out that he quit. It's simply an observation that anyone who watches the end of that fight can and should make. It actually just goes to show that he's intelligent enough to know when he's done rather than risk serious injury just for the sake of going out on his shield.

supersonic - "Those are actually nothing alike at all. BJ verbally said he was done, Forrest just put his hands infront of his face cause he was already beat and knew he was about to get his face punched in. He never said he quit, or asked the ref to stop the fight, but the ref knew he was beat and called it. Some people just want to be haters I suppose, maybe it helps you sleep at night...."

Has it ever been proven that Penn himself said he quits? I havent heard that. He is on record thanking his corner for saving him however.

How is that differnt that the ref saving Griffen?
Watch the fight over again, His corner ask if he wants it stopped and he nods his head yes....

Has anyone seen frank?

That gesture that Forrest does has been done before. It's been done to mean "Oh, crap here he comes, let me try and ward off the punches!". It also could mean "No more please!". Whichever way you want to interpret it is up to you, but it could mean either. When I first saw the fight, all 8 people in the room took it to mean "no more" without even any confusion. We all assumed that's what it meant without even talking it over. Maybe the ref did too.....

THP - 
story97 -
THP -
story97 - saying forest didn't quit while he's doing windshield wipers from his back to stop getting hit is like saying BJ didn't quit.

You're such a douchebag. What fight did you watch? He got ROCKED so badly the entire fight.

Some of you amaze me. Bunch of keyboard warrior assholes.

It could be worse, there could be douchebag dipshits that are so fucking nut hugging they can't see what the rest of the world does....

Your opinion and join date tells me a lot about you. There's no way you could use one of those bullshit, "I've been lurking for forever" stories. This is simply the dumbest opinion I've ever heard. How many times have you been rocked before? Forrest was dropped 3 times by Anderson Silva in one round. That's the most times someone has been dropped by Anderson in a single round. Anderson hits incredibly hard. How the hell is that difficult to understand? Forrest got finished.

The funniest part of your whole response is that your make it clear that your entire decision making process is retarded.

you're basing my response on when I joined this forum...... Not on my experience fighting, my knowledge of the sport, my background or anything else. Since you don't know it, you can't be.

So just keep telling yourself you're smart. And for god's sake, don't change the junior high process you use to base opinions of people, and fights.

Perfer Et Obdura - 

I'm not sure what slopping is, and I know you're his BFF and all, but ...

He was attempting to tap out to strikes in the Rashad fight, but the ref didn't see it and let the fight continue for a few seconds more. Rashad continued to punch him and that is when he was put out.
I meant flopping and you are 100% incorrect.  I heard directly from him when I asked how bad he was hurt...he didn't know what happened till he saw the replay in the cage.  He wasn't tapping and that's why he made that comment.  Watch from other angles.  And for God's sake, this place is funny.

Altofsky - 
Ecko Unltd -  Forrest was unconscious...so he didn't quit

Yeah, unconscious fighters always LOOK DIRECTLY AT THEIR OPPONENTS before WAVING THEM OFF.

LMFAO

It is NO disrespect to Forrest to point out that he quit. It's simply an observation that anyone who watches the end of that fight can and should make. It actually just goes to show that he's intelligent enough to know when he's done rather than risk serious injury just for the sake of going out on his shield.
+1

Those of you saying Forrest quit. How about you guys quit watching a gif that ends when the ref steps in and watch the fight itself. After that gif ends, Forrest tries to roll over and CAN'T without help. He then gets picked up by two people and half dragged to his corner so the doctors can check him out. He wasn't out cold, but the man couldn't even get on his knees without help. His brain was definitely not working well enough to do what you are claiming he did.

http://www.myvideofight.com/UFC/Silva-vs-Griffin-Video

To me it didnt look like he quit or got KO'd....looks like the ref stopped the fight.

MDubz....maybe I mis-read a few things or missed a post or two,but I didnt see anyone calling Forrest a bitch,just people stating their opinions on the end of the fight...stop taking the internet so seriously.

Wow, so many arm chair quarterbacks who have no idea what he was able to think about or or if he could think at all... The fact is the fight makes it believable that he would quit, but its not 100% provable either way unless Forrest himself comes out and states it, so why get upset?

uniqueid09 - Also, I don't think its cruel to bring up a contradiction, when Forrest felt the need to trivialize fighters who do quit when they can't defend themselves.

When you make those kinds of silly, macho quotes, you better believe that you'll get some shit thrown back at you when you do the very thing that you thought made you manly. It's the only proper thing to do.

It just goes to show that guys love to act macho until their time comes.

In his own words, he took the hairy vagina way out. I'm sure he would admit as much.