(VID) Sparring Match Gets Heated

boxer looked like shit.

ttt

I cornered Hec for that fight; such a shame he broke his foot because it was an anti-climactic end and that first round was great!

...Hec went on to stop Jay Estrada for the Fighfest 155lb belt after he rehabbed the injury.

When is Marcus fighting again?  He really is a good cat, and unless he's fighting one of my guys I'll always be cheering for him.

...DAMN; this thread just serves to remind me how much I miss Hec with him being in Corpus and me being in Dallas.  He has always been my favorite person to fight, and one of the best friends I've ever had.

That was a bummer about Hecs foot, Marcus told me he wants to fight
soon. Hows Hector doing Lancifer, any news on his next fight? Always a
pleasure to watch him fight.

Lancifer, could you mma.tv mail me the phone number to ya'lls gym?

DAMN!!!!!

Marcus turned into a beast. I used to spar with him when I lived in
Texas. My old coach Ron Van Browning and his coach at that time were
friends, so we would have them come to our gym or we would go to
theirs in Fort Worth.

Trust me, those punches are hard.

Marcus was a great guy to spar with - he always pushed just a little
harder than you, trying to bring you up to that level, then when you got
there and thought you could hang with him he would bring it up a little
more.

I remember one battle I had where I just got frustrated and went toe-
to-toe with him Wanderlei style. I definitely took the shit end of the
stick on that one.

Anyways, if Marcus happens to get on here - Good to see that you are
doing well man. Hit me up if you ever come out to California.

Bobby Pittman
www.myspace.com/bobbypittman

ttt anyone that knows his manager please have him contact me asap
(marcus that is) 815-919-9961

timmy

Since I was first to say I didnt think it was that heated till the end when The guy kept talking, I still think it wasnt that bad. hicks was pounding him, but never went to the level the tall guy tried to get going at the middle of the session, until the guy talked one time too many and got dropped.

But I do think the contact was excessive from mid way on on both sides. I also have seen sparring sessions that got way more out of hand than that one, but those were between guys of similar power. I dont doubt for a second if the tall guy had been less intimidated by the banging he was getting that one would have escalated to a full on war too. IMO Hicks was sending a message in as polite a way as one can in that situation. I have surely seen the "message" sent in a far less polite manner.

Ego had nothing to do with what i said regarding the whether it was "heated" or not. Had been able to hear more of the verbal exchanges, or actually been in the gym with them my opinion could change, everyone here who has been around a ring when things start to spiral out of control knows there is an atmosphere around it that tape alone doesnt capture well. But as it stands I have seen it get worse before. Not to say that was healthy sparring, but had they been closer matched (power wise) it sure could have gotten uglier.

That's why Professional sparring partners get PAID. That's just good work and should be a part of a fighters regimen.

ttt

nice hl

thanks ruffdogg.

"Heres Marcus Record"

Name: Marcus "Wrecking Ball" Hicks

MMA Record: 2-0-0 (Win-Loss-Draw) (Pankration)

Pro MMA: 5-0-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)

BJJ Record: 70-15-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)

Ametur Boxing Record: 5-2-0 (Win-Loss
Draw)

Pro Boxing Record: 5-3-1 (Win-Loss-Draw)

Association: Colony Boxing Gym/Mohler Jiu-Jitsu

Height: 5' 7"

Weight: 155-165

Style: BJJ, Boxing, Thai Boxing, Wrestling, Sub Wrestling

City and State: Dallas, TX.

bad man

It looked more aggressive than normal because the crackhead boxer was weak in all aspects. If he had a stiffer jab, decent defense and good coditioning then that would have been a hard but honest sparring session.

The crackhead boxer was most likely just setup in that situation to get his heart tested at a new gym by getting his head beat in. He had a foot long reach advantage and still had NO jab and horrible defense. Marcus looks very tough but at the same time the boxer looks like a scrub.

bdog,

That was a bummer about Hecs foot, Marcus told me he wants to fight soon. Hows Hector doing Lancifer, any news on his next fight? Always a pleasure to watch him fight.

Fightfest is going to have him defend his title against their #1 or #2 contender soon:

(from Fightfest.tv rankings)

Lightweight (155 lbs)

Champion : Hector Munoz

1. Jorge Gurgel
2. Jason Ireland
3. Dan Hawley
4. Alonso Martinez
5. Waylon Lowe

Either way it is a high profile fight which will test him and let the big shows know whether he may be ready or not.  He has been training the ever loving shit out of his boxing and conditioning and wants to make waves.

WrestlingSucks, I'll shoot you JD's number first thing tomorrow; we'll always show a ninja a good time, LOL!!!

Blair - is Hicks one of Saeksons guys?

Guys like that are why MMA is going to the next level skill wise. Getting good boxing sparring, doing BJJ tournaments, and having a good diverse background.

That's a big part of why GSP beat Hughes. He spars with pro boxers and Olympic-quality wrestlers who come to tear him a new one.