Video:Cro Cop vs Yamamoto

Nice. I'd prefer to see Mirko fight more A and B fighters though.

Yamamoto is a hard ass

is that the same yamamoto from the "choke" documentary? he actually looked halfway decent.

holy shit there are a lot of morons on this thread

Cop would KILL Fedor................

thats "IF" Fedor ever agrees to fight him!

Cro Cop looked "one dimensional" If those left low kicks are working, why change it? This is probally my favorite fight in 2004 so far. Yama's arrogance got him a well deserved obliteration.

How would Cro Cop kill Fedor?

Mirko can't stay on his feet against Fedor, and all Fedor has to watch for is Mirko's left leg.

f'ing beast

First and foremost, THANX Bro HYmn!

Do you live in Japan?

"Lets review, Mirko used uppecuts, jabs, left straights, left crosses and an overhand left along with low kicks, the RIGHT high kick, left body kick and soccer kicks.

Wow, that adds up to NINE different standup techniques.

Once again, Mirko doesnt need to use "boxing" per say, this is a fight not a sport boxing match.
"

Exactly. His sprawls are among the best for sure. Do you remember his week ass knees to the head of Heath Herring? This one against Yamamoto looked HARD.

I was really looking forward to Fedor vs Crocop last november, but back then I beleive it would have been a one sided massacre, with Fedor delivering the pounding. As time goes by, Crocop is getting better and better in his weak points so when that match do happen it'll be a brutal affair for sure, but a lot more closely matched then I would have been then.

"Name one other time crocop shoved his opponents face. "

Pretty sure he did that against Waterman as well, I don't think it's intentional eye-gouging...

Why are you bitching about Mirko's so called lack of striking diversity? Do you bitch if Minotauro triangles all of his opponents?

If your opponent can't stop it, keep throwing it!

Bro Hymn is Brazillian I believe, and has translated a lot of interviews and stuff for us as well as posted videos. He is the brazillian version of dragonhead or Gryphon.

SA

Jesus Christ, how many of you train any real striking?

Pushing another guys face? Thats a practice I nevr heard of and I kickboxed for almost a year.

"Pushing another guys face? Thats a practice I nevr heard of and I kickboxed for almost a year. "

The bridge--which is what Mirko was doing--is very common in Muay Thai and is used constantly. I can see how someone used to doing it with gloves on can poke someone in the eye wearing mma gloves. Boxers do it to, although the rules are more restrictive--see De La Hoya vs. Vargas for a good example.

"In k1 and in his vanderlei match whenever anyone didnt fear his power and started punching with combos at crocop, he covered up with zero defense, like in a standing fetal position. He did this against Hoost, and against Silva when silva was owning him momentarily with punches."

He also did this when Sakuraba, of all people, backed him into the ropes with a flurry of punches.

Yamamoto didn't look as bad as I'd thought he would. He could have lasted a little longer if he hadn't stupidly tried to get up from the ground while Mirko was still standing over him, giving Crocop an open invitation to obliterate him.

"Mirko can't stay on his feet against Fedor"

!!!!!!!!

"mirko should just eat them on the chin like a HARDCORE AMERICAN PRO BOXRE WOULD RIGHT?"

Who said anything about Americans?

What I'm saying is if Crocop covers up and lets himself get pushed into the ropes (he even closed his eyes during one of Silva's flurries, as well as getting his head spun by a solid shot to the face) against Fedor, he will be instantly taken down or possibly even KO'd on his feet.

Yes, I know how ridiculous that sounds -- how could a "world class striker" ever be hurt standing by a non-"world class striker"? It has never happened and will never happen!

ttt

ttt

I dont see anybody beating this man. I dont think Rodrigo can do it again. And since Mircos sprawl and grappling has gotten much stronger...Maybe sylvia can take him in ufc...but no one else

thanks for posting cool clip

ttt