Virus reports

TARRat - Firefox with Ad-Blocker Plus and Kapersky AV here at work. Firefox with Ad-Blocker Plus and Avast AV at home. No issues, whatsoever.

is that a good thing or a bad thing?

seems like you should at least get a notification that the site was trying to redirect you somewhere, even if it stopped it.

i would be confused as to whether or not it even picked it up

Well thats it.

I'm not using this site on my PC anymore lol, time to change my homepage lol...

iPod app all the way from now on until things are cleared. Phone Post

Clarence Parents - 
Joe Lauzon -  Would be interesting to see what browsers/plugins people are using too... things are sometimes mistaken as malware that are really just ads. 

Seems to be the IE users.

I use firefox with no add ons and have never seen 1 virus detection on the UG ever. And I've actually tried to get it to come up by opening the 'infected' threads that people list.. clean as a whistle on my end.

Firefox / Norton = no can defend.
same for me

I guess this site is no longer safe at all.

In for info on what people are using. I was using Firefox with Ad-Aware free when I got hit with it the first time. Switched to Nortan/Chrome with Adblock now but only come on the site with my phone. Phone Post

I wasn't running any add blocking protection when I got tagged using Firefox BTW. I'm thinking this could have been the main problem? Phone Post

I got a Norton virus attack warning on page two as well. Holy crap.

Yeah it seems like someone posted an image or link on page 2 that is hosted on a site known for malware. Thats why everyones browsers are bugging out when they view the thread.

Everything else (besides the warning on page 2) works fine @ home (Chrome, Kaspersky) and here @ work (chrome, norton) Phone Post

I got the same thing with Firefox/Norton, page 2.

I had Adblock on, btw. The internets is just to full of ads.

People need to stop using IE.

It is a POS.

SO I POSTED THE IMAGE WE ARE GETTING AND NOW IT APPEARS TO BE CAUSING OTHER ISSUES FOR OTHERS

I will delete my post and see if other are getting the error after that.

ABE FROMAN - People are on edge about Worm.Win32.flame.

I would shut down for routine maintanance tonight and scan the system. You're going to have to do it sometime anyway.

I agree with this.. Take a few hours to reboot and scan Phone Post

Haole - 
rushinbear - SO I POSTED THE IMAGE WE ARE GETTING AND NOW IT APPEARS TO BE CAUSING OTHER ISSUES FOR OTHERS

I will delete my post and see if other are getting the error after that.

Once you remove that pic on page 2 it wont happen on this thread anymore, wherever you copied that pic from it was possibly posted by a malicious person if you know where you got it from.

1. That pic is what I was getting on my screen when going to many different threads on this site.

2. I got that pic off another thread here where someone posted the pic. I just copied and pasted the addy in this thread.

"iMac owner"

Haha. I hope you still have some protection on that.

While an adblocker will not help in this case, but certainly will in others.

1. That pic is what I was getting on my screen when going to many different threads on this site.

2. I got that pic off another thread here where someone posted the pic. I just copied and pasted the addy in this thread.

past that addy into adblock plus, and its blocked forever, everyone.

Haole, I'm not following what you said ?  (then again I'm not the brightest when it comes to the interwebs that Al Gore invented)

Nothing since this morning. Phone Post

Ok. I see. Thanx

Firefox, AD Block+, No Script, when I use my computer.

Don't have an AV running except when I turn it on for routine scans, surfed the site for days zero issues. Phone Post

I don't believe it's pics posted by users, but, rather, some malicious code in the random advertisements.

Someone tech savvy should correct me if I'm wrong, but I've gotten the redirect on threads with no pictures.  I've also gotten the redirect, used Alt+F4 to get out, and then gone back to the exact same thread with no problems.

To me, that suggests that it's not pics--it's the ads.  If it was the pics, wouldn't it always redirect when I went to that page of the thread?  By contrast, the ads change randomly, so sometimes a particular thread/page gives you an issue while it gives none to others, or won't redirect you twice.

Right?