Volk has become my new favorite fighter

When you have guys like Khabib and Jon Jones and Usman and even GSP hold a belt for years never going up in weight. Never challenging themselves against the best guys one weight class up and then we throw them in the “Goat” conversation. Everyone of them played it safe and protected their legacy. Volk can stay at 145 and never lose again and retired as the greatest if he wanted. He is looking to throw himself in the hottest of fires at 155 to prove his greatest. Maybe it’s just me but I could have the same level of respect and admiration for guys that avoided the 2 weight class challenge then for a guy who played it safe and did not. And don’t tell me GSP did. They talked about GSP vs Anderson for years GSP wanted no part of it. He only came back because he knew Bisping was a winnable fight for him.

14 Likes

Blah blah blah

This nonsense was old a decade ago.

No champ is required to move up in weight to make you happy.

Cool if they do, zero issue if they don’t.

14 Likes

I definitely respect Volk for taking on all contenders. Izy is the same.

These guys duck no one.

While I think some prior champs could’ve tested other weight classes, especially khabib I do understand why they don’t

3 Likes

It’s just you.

2 Likes

Changing weight classes is never a requirement

Guys like Anderson JBJ George DJ etc. their title reigns are more impressive than McGregor winning the belt then immediately moving up and winning another belt and never defending either of them

Max Holloway and Volk rank higher all time at FW than Conor for that reason

8 Likes

If you want to be the greatest I think you should go to multiple weight classes. If Volk wins the 155 title he’ll enter the discussion I don’t know if another 145 defense would have the same impact.

4 Likes

So by default can fedor not be the MMA goat?

I mean I don’t think he is, not even close to goat. But a lot of his fans say he is

Whether Fedor is the greatest is up for debate, but he’s definitely in the conversation mate.

1 Like

there are men of sport and men of war, Volk is the latter.

4 Likes

Watching Volk in person at UFC 276 against Max this summer, he was by the far the most impressive fighter on the card. And that was against the #2 fighter in the division and an all time great in Max. And he was far ahead of him. Like Fedor was against his #2 in Nogueira in his Pride heyday. After that event I said he was true the #1 p4p fighter and then Kamaru got KO’d and he took his rightful place at the top. Volk impressed me and fought like a little Fedoresque style. Really happy he is finally getting some respect and to me he is at the top of this generation skillswise and he is a true p4p fighter due to his size and balls.

7 Likes

Also what other p4p #1 fighter volunteers to be a short notice back up in another division’s Title fight. Volk is the man right now

7 Likes

Totally agree with this.

In fact, I’m not a fan of a champ-champ in any way. I think it negatively impacts multiple weight divisions and should only be done when a champion absolutely wipes out the top 10 of their division, along with a guarantee to defend the belt in both divisions.

1 Like

When Fedor fought unlike the UFC there was no 265 lb HW limit so there was nowhere higher for him to go. He was the true HW Champ not the 265 lb Champ lol

Man don’t tell me you weren’t impressed when bj took on lyoto at what hw or some shit maybe lhw bit that’s some real gangster shit. Volk begging for a fight at lw does impress me but not enough to be my fav fighter.

Nice

Yeah but your opinions are even less appealing than your face… Which your mother personally told me even she ain’t a fan.

2 Likes

Volk is a cocky prick but he’s one of the goats without a doubt

You’re right, Marvin Hagler is a weak bitch. Not worth 2 shits in the ring, obviously.

Damn KJr where the Hell have you been lately