Volkanovski vs. Ilia Topuria Featherweight Title Fight Targeted for 298

1 Like

LOL!

Ok that was pretty great.

1 Like

Much of the narrative on this fight is on Topuriaā€™s threat to Volkā€™s reign and Volk returning to action just months after being stopped by concussion.

An aspect to this I donā€™t think is getting enough attention is what it would mean to Volkā€™s legacy if he does repel Topuriaā€™s challenge. Volk has held the title for 4 years and made 5 defences. He is facing a proven challenger who is in his prime, is undefeated and has been extremely impressive in his career this far, including overcoming a big head kick and knee to go to stop his opponent in the next round. If you look at his earlier career, he won his first 7 fights by submission. I donā€™t think it is a stretch to say that Topuria will most likely go on to be (at very least) an all time top 10 FW when his career is over. Possibly top 5.

If Volk can turn back that challenge, it will be remarkable. Not suggesting he canā€™t do itā€¦ I am saying, if he does, it will be a massive achievement. Usman turned back Covington but that fight (the first) was the same year as his title win. If Volk can turn repel Topuriaā€™s challenge I think it will something more akin to Hagler repelling Mugabi, who was unbeaten and a very destructive force. I think that would absolutely cement Volkā€™s position as the greatest FW ever.

5 Likes

Anaheim Baby

rt2d2bmi

Paulo aint showing up.

I couldnā€™t careless about that Ian Garry Machado guy.

I love Volk and Topuria.

I think ill hold off until 299.

Chito vs SOM
DP vs BSD
Holland vs MVP
Burns vs JDM
Yan vs Song Yadong

Michel Pereira vs Oleksiejczuk
Gamrot vs RDA
Blaydes vs Jailton (meh)

1 Like

What is it with the hate for him? I am totally out of the loop.

Heā€™s just a whiny retard. Like dude always has a problem, always bitches and thinks hes the man.

And he took his wifes last nameā€¦

6 Likes

Heā€™s trying very hard to be conor 2.0. Hes been kicked out of a couple gyms, and is a legitimate cuck. Heā€™s married to a woman twice his age who literally wrote a book on how to seduce young famous athletes. She made him change his diet and HER ex is heavily involved in the camp.

He also said some heinous shit about neil magny.

7 Likes

Cool. Iā€™ve now decided to hate him, too.

5 Likes

What he say about Magny?

1 Like

I dont really follow the drama but garryā€™s has been hard to avoid. Itā€™s my understanding he accused him of child abuse and it got brought up in family court. There was some drama with geoff neal too, so maybe im confusing neil and neal.

1 Like

So the whole $10 off if a person purchases the PPV by tomorrow probably means UFC PPVā€™s in general have not been selling as much as they want/expect?

Donā€™t buy the hype guys. Volk is going to put an MMA clinic on Illia.

3 Likes

The Goldbergs Yes GIF by ABC Network

Did you see Topuriaā€™s GF? No way is he training hard with that dime piece distraction

2 Likes

Leading up to the fight Magny said something like ā€œIā€™m gonna whoop you like I whoop my kidsā€ or something to that affectā€¦then Garry ran with it and accused him of child abuse.

I dunno anything about the fallout from that though.

1 Like

Yes to everything you said except for him being the best FW ever. That belongs to Aldo.

Edit: Another thing is Topuriaā€™s best win is Emmett. He hasnā€™t fought Max, Yair, Ortega, etcā€¦. He overcame adversity against Josh but there is a very substantial gap between Emmett and the top 3-4 guys in that division. Topuria is untested against anyone of that caliber and that of Volkā€™s is going to be 2-3 levels above anyone he has fought.

4 Likes