Volkman on Administrative Leave for Obama Joke...

It's rediculous how much shit EVERYONE gave bush and no one cared but you can't say shit about liberal Obama without everyone throwing a hissy fit. Phone Post

ortman166 -  It's rediculous how much shit EVERYONE gave bush and no one cared but you can't say shit about liberal Obama without everyone throwing a hissy fit. Phone Post

Again with this fantasyland bullshit about how people were able to threaten Bush with impunity when he was in office. See my earlier posts in this thread.  

LOx2 - 

Like millions of other "brain dead spoonfed" he lets FOX do his thinking for him. He just repeats and regurgitates. Phone Post

While you on the other hand take a paintbrush and paint the entire network (Fox) with a single stroke. Very objective, aren't you.

I think his political humor is asinine, but this is definitely one toke over the line.

'One toke over the line........ sweet jesus ?'

Volkmann is a fucking dumbass. What offends me most about what he said (and note, I'm not a US citizen or resident) is a) that it was very unfunny and b) that it was really lame and weak - big fucking deal that he would "rip Obama's arm off", he's a professional mixed martial artist in the prime of his career; Obama is a nearly 50 year old guy who, despite being reasonably fit, has never been a serious athlete in his life. How pathetic would it be if someone like Volkmann didn't crush Obama in a fight? The fact that he even thinks this would be a contest of any sort, even discarding Obama being the fucking US president, speaks badly of Volkmann as an athlete.

That's like that youtube video of LeBron James kicking some kid's ass in a pick up basketball game. I bet he was real fucking proud of himself afterwards...

Vitor29 - 
Phisher -
JeffersonDArcyChoke -  Administrative leave?

How many were put on leave for calling Bush worse or implying worse?

I hated the joke, don't care about him or his politics but this punishment is too harsh. Phone Post

Oh fuck off with this shit. You're not seriously going to sit here and insinuate that nobody ever took any heat for talking shit about Bush in public when was in office, are you? As a refresher, we can start off with The Dixie Chicks. Bush/Cheney wouldn't let people who were wearing political t-shirts that they didn't like get within 1000 feet of them when they made public appearances much less make threats of violence under the guise of bad jokes. You must have been living somewhere other than the US between 2001 and 2008 to make this claim earnestly.    

Dixie chicks weren't placed on leave from their job, they were boycotted by people who disagreed with them. Immense difference. Phone Post

If people stop going to see Jason Volkmann they stop going to see the UFC.

It was a danger anyway as he's fuck off boring. XD

Ghost of That Feel - USA is a third world totalitarian s***hole so this isn't exactly surprising.

where you from?

He's from Mars, clearly.

It's obvious that Obama is the worst president that the USA has ever had. But it's racist if you don't like him. Right?

Clearly Volkman is retarded and has no future in stand up comedy...But apparently that doesn't stop him from trying. Oh well, cut his boring ass, no loss.

Fuck obama

chesty_1775 - It's obvious that Obama is the worst president that the USA has ever had. But it's racist if you don't like him. Right?

Really, you'd put him below Harding, Pierce, Buchanan, Taylor, Nixon, Tyler, A. Johnson, Harrison (both), not to mention W, which due to his presidency being so recent may be a little more controversial?

Again, I'm not an American, but I honestly think if you think Obama is worse than any of those presidents (excluding fucking W for all I care) you clearly don't know the history of your country.

When you are a teacher you really have to watch what you say in public, especially if its on tv. And as far as freedom of speech is concerned, I'm actually pretty sure that it's out the window when it comes to any types of "threats" to the president. I'm not saying that I actually think he's threatning him or anything, just needs to think before he speaks, especially about politics.

<blockquote>rowil - <blockquote>chesty_1775 - It's obvious that Obama is the worst president that the USA has ever had. But it's racist if you don't like him. Right?</blockquote><br /><br />Really, you'd put him below Harding, Pierce, Buchanan, Taylor, Nixon, Tyler, A. Johnson, Harrison (both), not to mention W, which due to his presidency being so recent may be a little more controversial?<br /><br />Again, I'm not an American, but I honestly think if you think Obama is worse than any of those presidents (excluding fucking W for all I care) you clearly don't know the history of your country.</blockquote><br /><br />For not being American you do know your stuff. I would vote you up if I could. Volkmann should just keep his mouth shut from now on, but he seems like one of those guys that has to voice his opinion no matter what. I would not have that much of a problem with what he said if he was on a political talk show or something. But him doing it in the Octagon was just stupid. No one cares about your political opinions at a UFC event.

chesty_1775 - It's obvious that Obama is the worst president that the USA has ever had. But it's racist if you don't like him. Right?

You should read more books and listen to less talk radio.

LOL @ all tards crying about freedom of speech when this isn't even a freedom of speech issue. Read up on "freedom of speech" an what it really means before crying like a bitch about an employer suspending an employee, you ignorant dumbfucks. Phone Post

Guys. We heard Volkman speak for like 1 minute after his fight, and we all got douche chills.

Imagine working with this guy. Imagine he's your teacher.

Consider how he was warned and suspended the FIRST time he said these things, and now he does it again.

I'm not saying it's necessary right, but don't act like this guy has an untarnished image up until this last event.

Having said that, it seems to me the school is doing what a lot of people do, compete at who can be most offended by the most miniscule shit. I don't see how his retarded political reasonings impedes his ability to teach wrestling to kids.

stonepony - If he had been accused of molesting kids in the locker room, the school and teacher's union would have charged to his defense.

lol....yeah right. Show us one time that has happened.

Everyone talked about beating Osama back up in 2001. So why is everyone mad that Volkmann said it now?