VOTE for 2021 fighter of the year!

Make your VOTE count and help MixedMartialArts.com decide the 2021 fighter of the year! Here are the nominees.

Kamaru Usman: Won three fights, and finished Masvidal in Burns, still remains welterweight champion
Charles Oliveira: Beat and finished Chandler and Poirier, became lightweight champion
Ciryl Gane: Won three fights, barely lost a round, defeated Rozenstruik, Volkov and Lewis (all in the top 10) and became interim champion
Glover Teixeira: Beat Jan Blachowicz to become oldest light heavyweight champion in UFC history
Valentina Shevchenko: Defending flyweight title twice, and finished Murphy and Adrade.

• Kamaru Usman
  • Charles Oliveira
  • Valentina Shevchenko
  • Ciryl Gane
  • Glover Teixeira

0 voters

3 Likes

Although Gane made a big splash, it comes down to Usman and Oliveira due to quality of wins.

Texeira only had one win in 2021 although it was for a title.

Valentina had a weak schedule.

I chose Oliveira with big wins over Chandler and Poirier. Usman was really close.

9 Likes

Chael needs to be on that list if anyone is going to take it seriously

15 Likes

Jake Paul.

11 Likes

Where’s Yan, Islam and Khamzat?

1 Like

Jake Paul shits on ops pussy ass list

4 Likes

Maybe a write in option?

I wanted to vote for Uncle Chael too

11 Likes

It was between Olives and Usman out of the fighters on that list for me. Wanted to vote Glover but can’t justify it.

2 Likes

Usman was my pick. Not only did he defend his title, he showed improvement with each fight.

Olivera because it is the toughest division.

Usman beat one good guy.

I love Valentina but there is no legit competition for her.

Super happy for Glover but just one fight…

1 Like

Yan had a win a dumb loss. Khamzat just one win. Makachev beating Dober, Moises, and Hooker doesn’t quite compare to what the others did. Makachev is on the breakout fighter list though, and you can vote for him there.

2 Likes

Guess it wasn’t year of the Cannon again

3 Likes

Jon Jones’ old lady.

Gane

It’s hands down Oliveria!

1 Like

I hope Dude Wipes paid well because they got a hell of a deal!

3 Likes

I picked Oliviera since Usman just beat two of the same guys he already beat.

I voted Glover because that mofo is 40+. That hasnt happened, to my knowledge, since Randy.

1 Like

Charles and its not even close

1 Like