Wand 'ashamed', wants rematch

epwar - 
jjj2121 - 
epwar - 
OriginalTUFer - The biggest reason that Leben hasn't gotten there is that there are not clear contenders at MW, like there are at other weights.

The only "elite guys" Chris has faced have been:

Anderson
Akiyama
Wand
LOL @ Akiyama being "elite."

Seriously, Akiyama has proven in his UFC run that he's absolutely not elite and he's probably gone after Belfort beats him.

"But...but...but...he fought in Japan! He cant be elite." -90% of the UG

Edit.

Agree that Wand is clearly bear the end of the road and, while I understand him wanting 5 more years, that's just not a good idea. Would HATE to see him end up in some low grade promotion just because he wants to keep fighting. My hope is that he gets one more fight, notches a W, and leaves gracefully on a high note.

As for Leben, props to him. He may never hold the strap, but I think he's made great strides since the TUF days. Also, win or lose, his fights are consistently exciting IMO. Phone Post

gotta hand it to Lebon hes has a very good career in UFC and win lose or draw he puts on great fights

Leben must have been training "Slip outside wild looping right, counter w left" over and over and over. So Wand had a horrible strategy to run in throwing wide hooks.

It's too bad cause it seemed like he was changing his game up the last few years and fighting from distance more, mixing things up, protecting his chin and not exposing the sides/back of his head by being inside throwing hooks.
He completely went back to his old predictable style, got out of position and got countered.

I think the lack of deception in his game is as big a problem as his chin.

Wand is a warrior though, most guy think of the judges and a win, Want just wanted to put on a show for everyone :(

Chris Leben is great. Comes to fight. Makes no excuses. Gives good soundbites and fights. If he could just string together wins. He could get a title shot rematch against Silva (as much chance as Okami but draws more fans). Phone Post

i want to see Leben vs Belfort if Vitor takes care of business at 133

the heart is still there, but the body isn't following it anymore. That's life, sadly. He should stop now, and focus on other things rather than competing.