Want an alternative to the CJA?

I already posted this information under the "worst grappling tournament" thread in response to the displeasure voiced there. I thought I would create a thread about it too.

In 1992 The World Kobudo Federation was established by three fine martial artists and gentlemen, Soke Richard Morris, 9th Dan, from England. Kyoshi John Therien, 8th Dan, from Canada. Kyoshi Alain Sailly, 7th Dan, from France. Since the beginning, they have been able to build up the World Kobudo Federation into one of the leading multi-style organizations in the world.

The International Headquarters is located in Canada.

The European Headquarters is in London. Other Member Countries of the World Kobudo Federation have now opened up their own Representative Headquarters.

The Representatives for each Country have been chosen with great care. Those chosen are the ONLY Official Representatives for their Country.

As of 1999, World Kobudo has created several International Competition Divisions. With the addition of the International Competitions we anticipate great and further growThe Idea and the main principles of the W.K.F. is to promote and develop all Martial Arts throughout the world, and to recognize and bring together all Martial artists under one banner.

The WKF is represented by all of the following countries;

Armenia, Austria, Australia, America, Belgium, Bahrain, Canada, China, Denmark, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Great Britain, Germany, Hungary, Greece, Ireland, Israel, India, Italy, Latvia, Norway, Portugal, Russia, Spain, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Saudi Arabia, Sweden, New Zealand, and Ukraine.

The W.K.F. is represented by all of the following Martial Arts;

Judo, Jiu-Jitsu, Aikido, Taekwondo, Karate, Kung Fu, Hapkido, Kick Boxing, Mauy Thai, Sambo, Goshindo, Nin-Jitsu, Hakko Ryu, Jeet Kune Do, Yushin Kai, etc.

With senior grades in all these arts the WKF has a deep and complete knowledge throughout the arts. The WKF strives to be a political free and ego free organization. The WKF is open to any and all Martial Artists regardless of affiliations.

If you are not yet a member , we would warmly welcome you into the WKF family. Feel free to contact the WKF-USA headquarters for further information and membership forms.

www.wkf-usa.com

When you say John Therien, is that the guy who used to train Jean-Yves Theriault? Don't know about the rest of the names, but if it's the same guy, gotta give him MAD respect.

Cheers!

Joe

My club (Kumojiujitsu) are members of the WKF. I haven't been around long enough to enter into any tournaments or attended any for that matter but in one of our recent newsletters, we were advised of having to pay our annual fee of $20 each for our continued membership. Some of the benefits are:

·Being part of A recognized world wide organization
·Invitation to special events, conventions and tournaments for a discounted price (eg. Capital Conquest)
·Exclusive invitation to special seminars given by world renown instructors (eg. past seminars held with Dan Severn and Renzo Gracie);
·WKF Belt Certificates and WKF Badges available for a minimal price;
·WKF Passport Membership Handbook;
·$2,000,000 liability insurance per member covered up until March 31, 2005.

Sorry if that came out sloppy. I just copied and pasted from the newsletter. Hopefully that is helpful.

CaptainCaveman-At least you guys know what kind of things your $20 membership gets you, insurance/seminars ect.

It seems that information is quite hard to find on what exactly the CJA $25 membership fee gets someone.

World Kobudo sounds great, however I was told by someone who spoke to Ken Hayashi directly, that the C.J.A. are the only people in Ontario with the authority to run the grappling tournaments here!

This wasn't a C.J.A. member either! It was an independant promoter, just like myself!

I am not pro C.J.A., or against it, but I know I don't want to risk having an event being shut down by Hayashi!
I am pro grappling, and right now untill the World Kobudo can prove that they are recognized by Hayashi to run grappling tournaments, I will be using the C.J.A. for my events.

With all due respect, everyone can bitch and complain as much as you want but unless you do your research, you will not be taken seriously.
The World Kubudo Federation is not allowed to sanction events in Ontario. If they could, I would have joined/used their sanctioning a very long time ago. They are superbly run organization but they are NOT recognized by the Ministry in Ontario.

I to was very frustrated with how things ran yesterday. I sat alone for the majority of time there, taking notes and avoiding anyone and everyone ( I'm sick actually, so I didn't want to cough on anyone...sorry Liborio1 ).

Grab some chalk, grab a pen and do 'lines' like you did in Elementary school. Write this down 500 times:

FOR NOW, THE CJA IS MY ONLY OPTION...WHETHER I LIKE IT OR NOT. FOR NOW, THE CJA IS MY ONLY OPTION...WHETHER I LIKE IT OR NOT. FOR NOW, THE CJA IS MY ONLY OPTION...WHETHER I LIKE IT OR NOT. FOR NOW, THE CJA IS MY ONLY OPTION...WHETHER I LIKE IT OR NOT. FOR NOW, THE CJA IS MY ONLY OPTION...WHETHER I LIKE IT OR NOT. FOR NOW, THE CJA IS MY ONLY OPTION...WHETHER I LIKE IT OR NOT. FOR NOW, THE CJA IS MY ONLY OPTION...WHETHER I LIKE IT OR NOT. FOR NOW, THE CJA IS MY ONLY OPTION...WHETHER I LIKE IT OR NOT.

Warmest Regards,

Mr.Broken Record.

Thats why you were covering you mouth! All this time I thought I had bad breath!

I should've taken a deep breath and coughed all over you man...I'm regretting it now.

I feel bad for portuguese as well...he spent a few mins with me...oops. Sorry bro.

Joe, get me my MMA in Ontario damn it!

There may be a way!!! All grapplers need to be united for this to work!!!

Unless all the clubs and their reps share the same goal/s and put those in writing you won't see changes. It's do-able with a united effort. It's a lot easier than some might think.

Regards,

SD

Stela...try getting the grappling community to work together. If you can do that, you will see results.

And if it's so easy, and I want to believe you, let's see it get done.

I'm engulfed in red tape right now...if I could get out, I would. Trust me...it is process that is not easy to do. You know it, I know it.

The united part may not be so easy but if there was unity the rest is more predictable...:)

S

SDJ is, as usual, a lone voice of correctness, and is, also as usual, too good for the sport.

(Bet MTL is looking better and better, eh Joe ;) Try to come down on July 17th for the WIJJ tourney :)

TTT

There is no alternative. We have all been complaining for like 2 years now about the CJA issue but nobody has actually provided another option other than the following:

-complain and complain some more untill someday something happens

OR

-Use what the CJA offers, and get tournaments rollign again!

TTT

Assuming unity was there, does anyone know the process for establishing a new organization?

Joe?

BB

A new organization is pointless. Get WKF to do it. Or why won't Judo Ontario do it?