MMA Underground Forums

Was Fedor this hated too?

"His biggest wins ever were decisions. In 40 minutes of fighting Nog there was maybe one brief flurry in the first fight where he had Nog in any trouble. In 20 minutes of fighting Crocop, Mirko was never in trouble and took almost no damage -- certainly far less than Koscheck took this weekend."

A new low for orcus. Yeah he certainly just horsed around in there with Nog and Cop and played for points while riding out the clock for a safe decision.

I cant even use "youre lost" on you, because you know exactly what youre doing. Try looking in the mirror. And then come to grips with the fact that Fedor spent 20 F'ing minutes fighting Nog on the ground and Cro Cop on the feet. And then, half a decade later, took Sylvia and Arlovski out in less than a round each.

MrHenson -  its hard to take anything people say about mma seriously on here

Yeah youre telling me...............

Kirik should do some MAJOR spring cleaning and show a couple hundred shitbirds the door, imo.

The average POS "new fan" cant get past their lack of arousal at guy's like Fedor or Sylvia's physique to even begin to accurately analyze their skill set.

When people criticize Fedor for not fighting in the ufc I understand it. But trying to tarnish his past achievements is where I think people are just trolling. No one mentions that it took the HW division 7 years to remove a chubby LHW from the top spot (and he is still top 5)... No credit goes to him at all. Phone Post

MrHenson -  its hard to take anything people say about mma seriously on here

the majority of people here said Carwin was the best HW in the world...

others said brock was the baddest man on the planet

everyone picked McCorkle to win, except me.

GSP is boring because he cant be beat

Carwin/brock would murder fedor

u get the drift...

just keep it moving, you wont get a serious response to this thread because that would take wayyyyyyyyy more intelligence than this forum has collectively

Now THATS how you endear yourself to the UG......I better take notes

I've lurked on this forum for years and he was revered here IMO until just a few years ago. The myth has been shattered.

"No one mentions that it took the HW division 7 years to remove a chubby LHW from the top spot (and he is still top 5)... No credit goes to him at all. "

Even better is how the UFC HW champion hadnt been the universally recognized #1 fighter in the sport for years and only is again because Fedor lost. Not because of any accomplishment by Brock or Cain that came close to even matching let alone exceeding Fedor's accomplishments.

But because Fedor losing gave the ball-less media an excuse to proclaim Brock Lesnar as the number 1 fighter on the planet.

Made me physically F'ing ill.

When he was in PRIDE he was worshipped. Later when the UFC became king and he wouldn't sign he was demonized. In my experience 3 things get you hated on in MMA:

1. Not fighting top guys

2. Boring fights/not finishing

3. Being recipient of bad decisions

Every fighter who dominated for awhile has gotten hate.

Nup. He was universally praised until it was clear he didn't want to fight all comers/hooked up with crazy management.

When Fedor was in PRIDE beating every top name in the place MMA fans loved him, no matter what.

But as PRIDE was going down hill he started fighting less than top competition (Zulu, Coleman etc ...)  And when PRIDE folded he started fighting guys not even in the top 10 (Choi, Sylvia etc ...)

So fans are tired of watching him fight men not in the top of the division. That's why he gets so much hate for not signing to the UFC & fighting the top fighters in the world.

Darth BLAF - 
ArthurKnoqOut - Tim, then Arlvoski, then somehow Randy was going to be the one to beat him...eh

Dude, if you were actually around here back then....you would know that this delusional shithole was full of douches claiming that Tim Sylvia, while holding the UFC hw title, wasn't even a fucking top 10 fighter and would be handled by about 15 different guys in Pride.

You're both right. There were UFC nuthuggers and there were Pride nuthuggers. On the whole though, Fedor didn't face anywhere near the criticism that GSP does.

lol, yes what a stunning win on the subject of... Tim Sylvia.

Clearly the guy that got beaten by Nog and soon to be Fedor was MMA 'hot property'... And always such a fan favourite - you forgot to 'revise' that portion.

^

Kinda dodged the question then went on ranting about some nonsense regarding Sylvia's shift in the rankings when it pertains to Fedor's status.

I don't think Fedor got hate in Pride.

I think he caught the hate when he move to M1. and fought the leftovers of the UFC.

He got even more hate when he got choked out.

"So when Fedor was fighting "non top 10" people like Sylvia...who did you and the general public want him to fight? That's such shitty revisionist history."

They cant answer that. Thats a real question that would require knowledge and perspective.

Remember, these "fans" are know-nothing shitbirds that congregate on message boards and think they somehow are connected to MMA(UFC)

Tim Sylvia took tons of crap from fans because he consistently won while not having the type of body or personality to appease their latent homo fantasies. Plain and simple.

The guy knocked people out cold, refused to tap and got his arm brutally destroyed, and was a 6'8 monster with cardio.

If he had a 6 pack and talked big shit, the idiots on here would have been pantsing him daily.

Every single pro fighter, and UFC champs all said Fedor when they asked who the best is period.

Anderson said Fedor was "too big" for Anderson to beat. BJ said Fedor is best PfP. GSP openly said Fedor on a public sports talk show when asked who is the best.

These guys all are employed by the UFC and have fans and media shills who were claiming THEY were the best. Yet, despite the nature of the sport and egos in sports, had the characted to admit what was common knowledge among real educated hardcore fans.

Fedor was the best for 7 straight years. He just had his first real loss, and a bad one at that. We'll see what happens next.

Darth BLAF - 
Monsters Ball - Fedor has always gotten hate from the UFC centric fans. They still rage on him when Dana attacks him.

Bullshit! Back in the day in here you were not even allowed to criticize God Fedor even when he was fighting the likes of Yuji Nagata, Naoya Ogawa, and Fat Zulu.

You'd be instantly swarmed on by a bunch of Fedor fanboys/Pride nuthuggers/Japanophile faggots.

At one point you weren't even allowed to suggest that anyone anywhere might be able to beat the holy trinity of Pride super-heroes: Fedor, Nogueira, and Cro Cop.

Fedor criticism didn't become acceptable until around 2005 with the TK shenanigans and then later gained steam when the Cro Cop rematch didn't happen and Pride started sinking like the Titanic.

That is how I remember it too (different SN then, obviously)

@Darth BLAF

LMAO that's the funniest shit ever, man.

MrHenson is a blue named troll? That's a rarity. Phone Post

Nice rant HELWIG, shame it has fuck all to do with the topic.

No one is 'hating' on Syliva here, but comments have been brought up that relate to Fedor. Chillax.