Was i the only one who thought Danzig.....

I find it hard to believe that everyone in this thread watched the same fight I did

Was I the only one that noticed Danzig gassed out from Guida's furious pace, which he controlled throughout the fight? And that Guida played his game and that Danzig couldnt do anything about it?

I thought Guida fought an awesome fight and that he always puts out a great effort in his fights. The guy is a machine.

Guida won that fight folks, get over it.

archer0545 -  Danzig lost because he doesnt eat meat!  He doesnt have that killer spirit!
=== Damn ya beat me to it!! He looked anemic at the end (and had that 'fuckalllll' look on his face.) I had picked Danzig to win, but thought Clay definitely won the fight, and give him BIG PROPS for what he said in the interview.

Guida won.

Unfortunately, Mac lost the fight. Guida was definitely more controlling even though he didnt do much.

Danzig quite obviously thought he lost the fight.

Doem - Won that fight? He out struck Guida handily in every round. Guida had take downs but did not nothing from Danzigs guard. In fact Danzig looked more impressive from the bottom than Guida did on top. Standup>takedowns when it comes to scoring, no?

yes fool you are fuckboy

Bunnymonster - Guida won the fight under the UFC rules.

That said the rules are absolutely rubbish and travesties like that are what make it glaringly obvious something has to change. Mac was obviously the more skilled fighter, created far more chances to actually finish the fight and made an effort to win. Clay was however the superior wrestler and used the rules to his advantage to get the win...

Now had this fight been in Pride, I think Clay would have ended up owing them money...

Great post.

I was looking for Mac to take this one, but Clay smothered him enough to nullify Mac's offense for the 2nd an 3rd round. However, there is a very fine line between "control" and stalling to keep yourself out of danger. But, then again, how does one clearly differentiate that in the scoring?

LnP really sucks for both guys though because it's not really a loss or a win, IMO.   It just keeps you in the UFC, though, because you won on paper