Was i the only one who thought Danzig.....

Clay clearly won that fight. He imposed his will and neutralized all Danzig's attacks.

i had danzig 2 rds to one...guida did absolutely nothing that fight besides taking him down...no gnp, no submission attempts...it was pathetic. Make an effort to win...please

Please don't ever try to be a judge/referee. Danzig was clearly out-hustled.

He won, but he certainly wasn't trying to end the fight.

That sucks because I know the only reason he probably came out like that was because he had lost so many heart breaking decisions before.  Too many losses gets you cut from the UFC, so you can make an equally compelling argument either way.

LnP really sucks for both guys though because it's not really a loss or a win, IMO.   It just keeps you in the UFC, though, because you won on paper.

Guida wins via Octagon control

And announcers were pro guida as well...said nothing when danzig was striking....only commented for guida

This isn't that complicated. Guida didn't do a lot, but Danzig did even less. Therefore, Guida won.

You don't score points by defending takedowns and trying to stand back up, which is pretty much all Danzig did in Rounds 2 and 3. Even if you somehow score their striking/grappling equally, Guida certainly came out on top in terms of aggression and octagon control.

I thought Mac won, as well.

"Guida certainly came out on top in terms of aggression and octagon control."

= LnP

Guida usually doesn't bore the fuck out of me...but he really didn't want to make much of a fight of it IMO, he just kept Mac on his back for quite some time during this fight without doing ANYTHING.

I thought that Joe was on Guidas nuts also.Plus,I think that some of the shots that Clay took last night looked magnified because of Clays hair length & movement. 

Hate Guida's style; but he did win the fight.

No, Clay DEFINITELY won the wrestling match.

Oh, the MMA fight? Yeah, Mac won that. He landed more strikes, did more damage, tried harder to end the fight, went for more submissions.

ts is a fuckin noob fool. end o thread. this aint pride scorin bitches. cant win from the bottom in ufc. plus he got taken down 12394560 times. so shut the fuck up and go to bed. mommy and daddy want you outta their bedroom where the computer is, so they can fuck while you listen at the god damn door bitch.

I agree...if you get a takedown and can't improve the position, make an attempt to pass, or land strikes...then who the fuck cares about the takedown? If the guy that gets taken down gets right back up and lands effective strikes,then he should win. Taking someone down and hugging them for dear life is gonna be easy to do when you wrestled your whole life and Mac just started training in MMA 7 years ago. He's got a ton of catching up to do in the wrestling department and the face that he secured a nice double on Clay tells you a lot about how hard Mac works.

I gave the slight edge to Guida. However, if you were to discredit the take downs that lead no where entirely, Mac won, but those aren't the rules and meaningless takedowns do influence the judges.

It coulda gone either way.

Great performances by both.

Danzig lost because he doesnt eat meat!  He doesnt have that killer spirit!

When Mac was looking at the ref like 'stand us up, he is just holding me down' you knew he had lost.

Control = Win

Guida won the fight under the UFC rules.

That said the rules are absolutely rubbish and travesties like that are what make it glaringly obvious something has to change. Mac was obviously the more skilled fighter, created far more chances to actually finish the fight and made an effort to win. Clay was however the superior wrestler and used the rules to his advantage to get the win...

Now had this fight been in Pride, I think Clay would have ended up owing them money...