Weidman vs. Silva 1 Full Fight

Anderson Silva was riding a seven-year, 17-fight winning streak before entering this historic fight with up-and-comer Chris Weidman. Weidman, coming off a flawless KO of Mark Munoz, shocked the world, and Silva, with his accuracy and power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4Zivz9ssF4

ttt

The spider really was toying with his prey. Don't expect Weidman to get so lucky this time. Phone Post 3.0

Epic Phone Post 3.0

Priceless!

OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash - The spider really was toying with his prey. Don't expect Weidman to get so lucky this time. Phone Post 3.0

He was toying with him out of frustration. Despite the UFC marketing machine's efforts to paint the fight differently Anderson had NOTHING for Weidman in that fight. The only thing he landed were a handful of low leg kicks. Big deal. Anderson started to attempt to clown Weidman out of frustration. 

OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash - The spider really was toying with his prey. Don't expect Weidman to get so lucky this time. Phone Post 3.0
This. Damn, I'd forgotten how much he was fuckin around. Phone Post 3.0

Willin -
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash - The spider really was toying with his prey. Don't expect Weidman to get so lucky this time. Phone Post 3.0

He was toying with him out of frustration. Despite the UFC marketing machine's efforts to paint the fight differently Anderson had NOTHING for Weidman in that fight. The only thing he landed were a handful of low leg kicks. Big deal. Anderson started to attempt to clown Weidman out of frustration. 

He started clowning him right out the gate.

Watch again. Phone Post 3.0

Willin -

Before the big hook Weidman was getting tired. Silva was shrugging him off and you could see the frustration in Weidmans eyes. He was about to get matrixed. Phone Post 3.0

the more I watch this fight the more I realize Anderson had absolutely nothing for Weidman. I think Weidman makes it look easy again in their next fight. But you just count Silva out he is a sniper and if he hurts you, you will not recover.

OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash - 
Willin -

Before the big hook Weidman was getting tired. Silva was shrugging him off and you could see the frustration in Weidmans eyes. He was about to get matrixed. Phone Post 3.0

Bro, you should try stand up because you are hilarious.

lol, Weidman was clowning him right back, and I loved it... he was letting Anderson punch him at times..

big atvd for Weidman knowing what he has now, and knowing he can beat him everywhere!!!

remember when roy jones lost to montell griffin? in the rematch roy jones didn't play around and he demoished griffin in the first round. I think silva will be highly motivated to take out weidman quickly. i wouldn't be surprised if this fight looks like the chris leben fight. on the flipside we didn't get to see the best of chris weidman either. if weidman wins it will be by controlling the octogan and winning via decision

Weidman had him down in 1 min easy and had a leg

I wouldn't be surprised if he subs him either

I forgot how completely dominate Weidman was in round 1. Wow.

Entreri - I forgot how completely dominate Weidman was in round 1. Wow.

It's completely justified to have Anderson as the favorite going into the rematch.

But the most commonly forgotten aspect of the first fight is that Weidman beat the piss out of Anderson in round 1.

And when you hear Longo in the corner, you can tell that they genuinely expected that to happen. "How was he on the ground?" As if they expected Weidman to own him there.

Hmmm......just thru R1 and Weidman was not as dominant in R1 nearly as much as i thought the first time....just like Hendricks was not as dominant in R1 against GSP rewatching it. I thought Weidman was more savage on the ground than i thought watching live the first time, he was def taking it to Anderson but wasnt the domination i thought it was.

After they stood, though Anderson still did not find his riddum at all, and he did look a bit off or that Weidman was better than his other opponents, I thought Anderson was more in control than i though, i thought he had nothing after the td and started panicking.

He did admit he "lost control" but wasnt as bad as I thought or could see.....lets go into R2 now.

So R2 is about to start and Andy is egging/taunting Weidman on before the bell, again, clowinging or acting up more than usual. I still think this was to compensate for his not feeling on.

In R1, Weidman was taken off his game from the clowning but he still kept his cool as well. Remember, this is his first big fight, title fight against the GOAT and he was sidetracked somewhat but still didnt let the GOAT really clown him in terms of actually getting tagged.

Perhaps just Anderson's mind games but he still DID NOT FIND HIS RANGE/RIDDUM. Against lesser opponents, Andy locks on the riddum and its game over...not this time.

Weidman comes out, they both touch gloves respectfully, Weidman seems eager to get it on though, is not intimidated.

Andy continues to clown but still is not finding his range. Weidman is taken off from his wrestling but is not intimidated and before Andy can clown for too long, he KHTFO. Andy was taking his clowing to unnecessary lengths. That everyone seems to agree. BUT, what Andy jockriders (and im a huge Andy fan) seem to think is that he had Weidman "right where he wanted him." Not really.

He was still not on. He was not finding his range/riddum. He landed nothing substantial at all. A few leg kicks but to the ankles, not thighs. None of his counters found their range, Weidman was not deterred, Andy clowned even more and paid for it.

In the rematch, I would still expect Andy to clown somewhat but the key to watch for is if he is finding his range.

Yes Phone Post 3.0