Weidman vs. Silva 1 Full Fight

^^I would absolutely do a SN bet with DC over Rashad.

wiggum - ^^I would absolutely do a SN bet with DC over Rashad.

Not against me you won't lol

Anderson never had one single moment in that fight. Weidman was even playing his game and following him around.

The only thing that I see changing in the rematch, is Weidman brutalizing Silva on the ground this time. Every champion eventually runs up against the new breed...Weidman is that guy.

<blockquote>subwrassler - wtf fight are some of you guys watching?<br /><br />Chris did NOT pass Anderson's guard.<br /><br />Anderson did NOT taunt Chris between rounds;<br />to the contrary, he gave chris a pat on the head and a kiss on the cheek when the round ended, and before round 2 started he was asking Chris to fight standing for the crowd.<br /><br />and yes...they were both having trouble in the 2nd..Chris was fading and missing takedowns, and Anderson was still having trouble dealing with Chris' reach.</blockquote><br />

He didn't pass Anderson's guard but Silva felt a couple of those punches (one that almost knocked mouth piece out) from the top, and you could see that he wanted no more of that. Chris only made one half ass attempt a take down in the 2nd round, which was defended because it was half assed to begin with, and Silva also had his hands down to help with TDD. Chris was confident on his feet, even sticking his head out and allowing Anderson to jab him a couple of times. In my opinion, that was just a mind game to let Anderson know he didn't have anything for him.

And yes, Silva did taunt him between rounds. This video doesn't show Anderson's corner having to pull him back to his stool, but the PPV clearly showed it. He was trying to get Chris to stand with him...which he probably regretted once he woke up.

I Wild Each It - 
subwrassler - wtf fight are some of you guys watching?

Chris did NOT pass Anderson's guard.

Anderson did NOT taunt Chris between rounds;
to the contrary, he gave chris a pat on the head and a kiss on the cheek when the round ended, and before round 2 started he was asking Chris to fight standing for the crowd.

and yes...they were both having trouble in the 2nd..Chris was fading and missing takedowns, and Anderson was still having trouble dealing with Chris' reach.
<br />
He didn't pass Anderson's guard but Silva felt a couple of those punches (one that almost knocked mouth piece out) from the top, and you could see that he wanted no more of that. Chris only made one half ass attempt a take down in the 2nd round, which was defended because it was half assed to begin with, and Silva also had his hands down to help with TDD. Chris was confident on his feet, even sticking his head out and allowing Anderson to jab him a couple of times. In my opinion, that was just a mind game to let Anderson know he didn't have anything for him.<br />
<br />
And yes, Silva did taunt him between rounds. This video doesn't show Anderson's corner having to pull him back to his stool, but the PPV clearly showed it. He was trying to get Chris to stand with him...which he probably regretted once he woke up.</blockquote>

I agree with everything you said.  I've never seen anyone hit Anderson that hard from the top as Weidman did.  He hit him hard shortly after the takedown (never even mentioned by Joe) and shortly before the submission attempt.

springfield - 
I Wild Each It - 

to the contrary, he gave chris a pat on the head and a kiss on the cheek when the round ended, and before round 2 started he was asking Chris to fight standing for the crowd.

and yes...they were both having trouble in the 2nd..Chris was fading and missing takedowns, and Anderson was still having trouble dealing with Chris' reach.
<br />
He didn't pass Anderson's guard but Silva felt a couple of those punches (one that almost knocked mouth piece out) from the top, and you could see that he wanted no more of that. Chris only made one half ass attempt a take down in the 2nd round, which was defended because it was half assed to begin with, and Silva also had his hands down to help with TDD. Chris was confident on his feet, even sticking his head out and allowing Anderson to jab him a couple of times. In my opinion, that was just a mind game to let Anderson know he didn't have anything for him.<br />
<br />
And yes, Silva did taunt him between rounds. This video doesn't show Anderson's corner having to pull him back to his stool, but the PPV clearly showed it. He was trying to get Chris to stand with him...which he probably regretted once he woke up.</blockquote>

I agree with everything you said.  I've never seen anyone hit Anderson that hard from the top as Weidman did.  He hit him hard shortly after the takedown (never even mentioned by Joe) and shortly before the submission attempt.

Anderson's never fought anyone with a combination of a strong top game w/ that type of length before. In my opinion, he didn't think Chris could get there with those punches, but he definitely knows now. That's why I don't understand how people can think Silva is going to get serious this time around and walk thru Weidman. I mean, I do...they're Anderson fans, so can't fathom his reign coming to an end. But the reality is, Chris is still going to dominate the wrestling whenever he chooses, he's still as long as Anderson, and his BJJ is good enough to submit Silva if he makes one mistake. Adding to that, Chris proved in the first fight that he is elusive enough to stay out of harm's way when Silva rushes him...and Silva knows he can't get too aggressive, or he's getting planted on his backside. This is a really tough match-up for Anderson.

Sub Phone Post 3.0

I Wild Each It -
springfield - 
I Wild Each It - 

<br />
<br />

Anderson's never fought anyone with a combination of a strong top game w/ that type of length before. In my opinion, he didn't think Chris could get there with those punches, but he definitely knows now. That's why I don't understand how people can think Silva is going to get serious this time around and walk thru Weidman. I mean, I do...they're Anderson fans, so can't fathom his reign coming to an end. But the reality is, Chris is still going to dominate the wrestling whenever he chooses, he's still as long as Anderson, and his BJJ is good enough to submit Silva if he makes one mistake. Adding to that, Chris proved in the first fight that he is elusive enough to stay out of harm's way when Silva rushes him...and Silva knows he can't get too aggressive, or he's getting planted on his backside. This is a really tough match-up for Anderson.
Good points but silva won't be doing any clowning this time. The reality is if Weidman doesn't get it to the mat each round he's getting ko'ed.

Gonna be a close fight imo, I've got silva though. Phone Post 3.0