Werdum:"If I didn't pull guard so much, I'd win"

Werdum's stance of "if I didn't pull guard so much I would've won" is like Dan Hardy saying "If I didn't let GSP take me down so much, I would've won."

liquidrob - blue help please

http://i53.tinypic.com/2z65ys0.gif

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-TFtb1_TA1yE/Tf14HGtrrAI/AAAAAAAADdw/yom5je8uGGw/s1600/9.gif

Like I said, only thing that kept him from getting KO'd was guard pulling and flopping, he fought to survive, not win

sounds about right to me

wow, Werdum is pathetic. and a fuggin crybaby.

this fight was absolutely pathetic.....while werdum landed more strikes, theu weren't effective strikes, he was blow spamming for the most part also...Everytime he got hit he basically flopped to the floor. Werdum is a disgrace to MMA

How has Overeem been getting away with stacking 4 sets of shoulders on top of his own like he did in the pic for this thread? He's obviously got 20 lbs. of muslce implanted under each side, ridiculous.

If I didn't lose I would have won. Phone Post

another Brazillian fighter with no offensive wrestling. If werdum wanted to fight overeem on the ground then he should have developed the skillset to get him there. Amazes me how many brazillian fighters think TD defense is all they need to become a champion.

So a buddy and I head to Dallas from Houston to watch the fights. My friend is new to MMA and he has family in Dallas so wehad a place to stay for the night..the real reason I broght him ;).jk. He never really cared for mma much but I hyped the fights up. I told him these two were ranked as two of the top 10 heavyweights in the world and one is a subsmission expert and another a renown striker. At the end of the match he said "they were top ten in what again? Surely, it wasn't fighting!"
I sighed,lowered and shook my head in disappointment and then the first thing that came to mind was Cain or JDS would send these dudes to the hospital for an extended stay. Better take your ipod and some reading material for that stay boys!

Lol at chaplinshouse. Well said Phone Post

MAG - 
He didn't want to go to the ground with me at all but it is an MMA fight, you have to do the ground game as well. I think it is funny that [opponents] call me to go at them and I do, but when I call them to the mat, nobody does."

Wrong - fights start standing.

You dont HAVE to fight on the ground unless you want to or your opponent forces you to.

Overeem didnt want to - and Werdum couldnt force him to.

the geek - If I didn't lose I would have won.

THIS

hougrappler - So a buddy and I head to Dallas from Houston to watch the fights. My friend is new to MMA and he has family in Dallas so wehad a place to stay for the night..the real reason I broght him ;).jk. He never really cared for mma much but I hyped the fights up. I told him these two were ranked as two of the top 10 heavyweights in the world and one is a subsmission expert and another a renown striker. At the end of the match he said "they were top ten in what again? Surely, it wasn't fighting!"
I sighed,lowered and shook my head in disappointment and then the first thing that came to mind was Cain or JDS would send these dudes to the hospital for an extended stay. Better take your ipod and some reading material for that stay boys!

its sad that your friend had to witnes such a dismal performance of a fight that was HYPED to the end of the world. this is something i would be afraid to go around yapping to my friends who arent familiar with mma type events - about . then only to have them finally see what all the hoopla was bout ( along with my own hyping too) and this is what they get to see

one guy begging to have a another guy come between his gyrating thighs/ legs

and

the other guy frantically avoiding being clasped within the confines of man-snuggling leg wrap-arounds ..

"If you look well, you'll see that my knee got out of place in the beginning of the second round. It hurt so much, it was difficult to get up and it took a little of my focus.

Wow,, oddly enough, the medical suspensions DO NOT REFLECT THIS!!!!

X_Rated -  Nothing wrong with pulling guard. I love to see people pull guard.

Butt scooting is not pulling guard, though. Butt scooting is bullshit in MMA.

That one.

A nice guard pull where you actually get the fight to the ground is quite refreshing if the only other option is watching a bjj guy try unsuccessful takedowns.

Sitting on your ass expecting someone to jump into your black belt guard is lol.

Bunch of annoying whingers in this thread.

Did Werdum not bang with Overeem and make him back up and cover up? Tough bastard Werdum, he took a couple of knees that made me for one, cringe. And then some of you are calling him a liar when he says his knee got f'd up in the fight and the pain hindered his fight. People on here have been commenting that he appeared to hurt his knee since Sat. night.

Anyhow, he has a point whether you want to admit it or not.
He fought in Overeem's world and Overeem was scared to fight in his. And Overeem came off as an old-school 1-D fighter with no ground game. How far would that get him in the UFC?

The same bitches that bitch about fighters with little or no wrestling experience are the same bitches giving Overeem a pass for having garbage Bjj.

http://i.imgur.com/NZ7H5.png

"The same bitches that bitch about fighters with little or no wrestling experience are the same bitches giving Overeem a pass for having garbage Bjj."

You have to be kidding me.

Jesus, I thought I was a sort of bjj nutrider but that is taking the cake!

Hercules Rockerfeller - http://i.imgur.com/NZ7H5.png

If Werdum wants to start a fight on the ground, maybe he should get into wrestling. Oh wait, his BJJ would get wrestlef*cked. Hmm, maybe he should try ballet?